I booked the Travelodge for two reasons...price was affordable for Sydney, location close to Sydney Entertainment Centre & I could have a connecting room for 6 girls, 3 in each room (which also meant 2 bathrooms plus each room had lucky three mirror areas - handy for that many girls).
We were in Sydney for 2 nights to see Roxette (excellent concert) and wanted to be able to walk to most places which with Museum station just around the corner, Circular Quay was only two stops away & the beautiful Hyde Park (worth a walk through the centre) meant nothing felt two far away. Also Darling Harbour in the other direction a 10-15 min walk...down past Chinatown, with Paddys Markets & also the Entertainment & Convention centre in this location. It is a little confusing when you first leave the hotel as to the direction of where you need to go, due to the many streets going in all directions, but ask the front desk, use google maps on your phone or use this simple tip....exiting the hotel - Hyde Park to your left, Darling Harbour, Chinatown to your right.
The hotel itself had a small but friendly reception area...we were lucky enough to have our room ready when we arrived at 11am from airport, which I have heard that almost does not happen at Travelodge. We did not have the reception area busy...but on occasion we come down and the area was very busy...but the staff seemed to clear this very quickly.
Our room was on the sixth floor...they are on the smallish size (but ours had three single beds in each)...their was a small table, kitchenette area (sink, microwave, kettle) and small bathroom which was adequate for a shower. The room had iron & ironing board plus hairdryer in the bathroom, plus an area to hang clothes if required. The beds were not something I would rave about but they did the job...we spent most of our time out of the room, just coming back to rest our feet and get ready for the next adventure...so we found this adequate for what we required. We were not woken by noise of any kind or the lifts that our rooms were close to...however in saying this both nights we arrived home late & were exhausted from our day/night out.
One thing that I would complain about is the air conditioner...it did not really ever get the room cold...which we found it a little frustrating when the hallway of hotel was cooler than our room...we managed... but would make me not want to go in the heat of summer to this hotel.
Internet down in the front waiting lobby area (bar area) with the cost being $2 for 30 mins (might have been 20mins)...with print outs costing around 50c each (if you need to print your boarding pass).
Luggage room was helpful to leave bags after check out...we helped the girl place all ours in the room which helped when finding them as this room gets extremely packed with bags.
1. Great dumping place called Din Tai Fung which is on level 1 of the World Square Shopping Centre building around a 5min walk away. Always busy...so get in early or be prepared for 45-1 hour wait for table.
2. Nice thai place just up the road - Longgrain. You need to book as gets very busy, prices are up there around $35-$40 a main..but the atmosphere is nice and they have a cocktail bar downstairs.
3. Convenience Supermarket - across the road (7-11 style)
4. Bigger Supermarket - just down road to your right
Hope this helps...have fun in Sydney!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Travelodge Hotel Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Travelodge Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sydney Travel Lodge
- Travel Lodge Sydney
- Sydney Travelodge