“Value-for-money, friendly service, totally enjoyable!”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney
Ranked #105 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed March 28, 2011

This is a value-for-money with friendly service. My boyfriend and I stayed for a week. The room was spacious enough, with a self serviced kitchenette. I was especially impressed with the service of the staff when we had them check out the TV that was not working too well, almost on a daily basis. I thought the breakfast was a tad expensive at A$18 per head. The floor we were at had a washer & dryer, vending machine and ice machine, it was very good. The hotel was centrally located and we walked everywhere. It was a huge plus especially if you want to explore the city sights. Best: Location, Price and Service. Lest: breakfast too expensive. I will definitely recommend this hotel to my friends and I will definitely stay here next time I'm in Sydney.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank msb00ty
travelodgesydneygm, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2011

Dear msb00ty
Thank you for your recent very positive – we certainly appreciate it. I hope if you return to Sydney you will be back to stay at Travelodge Sydney. I hope you enjoyed your travel in Australia.
Joanne Jenkins

Write a ReviewReviews (5,373)

Reviewed March 27, 2011

I would like to give this hotel better reviews but I was very dissapointed with the service. First of all I tried to look for a reasonable hotel with great location, breakfast and free wi-fi. From their home page I understood that breakfast was included and that they had internet in the lobby. I booked and enquired about the breakfast and they told us that breakfast was included. When we went for the breakfast, the lady there told us that one coupon is for 1 so we had only two coupons which meant that our room included only 1 free breakfast even though I booked it for two. They didn't tell us this in the reception so I was quite baffled. We only got the coupons as we checked in and they didn't even ask if we would like to buy breakfast for the other person. I have never been in a hotel which would offer free breakfast for only one person, when there is two staying. So we had one breakfast for two and the second morning we ate somewhere else.

Also we learned that they had internet but it was chargeable and only in the lobby. We asked from the reception if they could tell us if there is a cafe which would have free wi-fi so that we could use our own laptop. They told us to go to a cafe nearby and we went there but they didn't have wi-fi and never even had one. They told us that there were plenty of places where you could use free wi-fi like around the Circular Quay.

Other thing that bothered me was that when we checked in after an early flight they didn't take our phone number to give us a call if/when a room would have been ready. I mean we were quite tired after a long flight so I would have appreciated it a lot if they would have given us a bit of consideration and shown us that they are doing their best. I do understand if there is not any availability in the morning but little consideration would be nice when you have to wait for a room from 7 am till 2 pm.

When cheking out we asked if they could call us a cab and they told us to go outside and wave. I was pretty surprised they didn't do that for us as they do it in many other hotels but luckily we didn't have to wait for long as it was early in the morning so there wasn't hardly any traffic and the cab seemed to be mostly free. First it just seemed a bit desperate.

Otherwise the location was great, in walking distance to many attractions. During our stay there was also a free bus connection around the centre so that was very convenient. Our room was clean and big with small kitchenette and it was also quiet, couldn't hear any noises from the streets nor from the corridors. Breakfast was basic but filling.

2  Thank KatyerFin
travelodgesydneygm, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2011

Dear Katyerfin
Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay at Travelodge Sydney. I am sorry that there seems to have been some misunderstanding with your reservation. We do not offer free wi fi – we offer it from Levels 14-18 in our executive rooms only but it is charged on an hourly, daily or weekly rate. All we offer in our foyer is three computers that operate with coins. With regards to breakfast we charge $18 per person and it is one voucher per person if purchased at the front desk on arrival. I am really sorry that no one called you a taxi, it is by far the quickest way to hail one off the street but I completely appreciate that in a strange city a lot of people are not comfortable to do so. Our team have very clear instructions to hail one for anyone who is not comfortable to do so or to call one so I will follow up with them to ensure this doesn’t happen again. With regards to guests checking in early, we don’t call guests to advise when rooms are ready simply because if we have 200 rooms checking in and a large portion of those guests coming off international flights that arrive early then it is not possible to call all guests. We do offer early check in to anyone who comes back to the hotel as soon as rooms are available. I am glad you enjoyed the location and the quiet room. I hope you can accept my apology for any miscommunication.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

What's nice: Located on the edge of the CBD, yet very close to Chinatown (5-7 min walk), Pitt St shopping (10 min walk) and Oxford St nightlife (3 min). Darling Harbour is a 15-20 min walk. Busy hotel, but helpful reception, self-service laundry facilities on-site, Central station proximity, Museum Station is two minutes walk and and is a direct link to the airport.
What's not so so nice: Parking is very expensive, AU $22 per day. Room's window does not open. Door is not sound-proof, you here people returning from nightclubs at 4 am as if you were sleeping in the hall.
Resume. Good value for money, as we've researched the CBD hotels a lot before the booking.

Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PavelK2
Reviewed March 17, 2011

I expected this to be like a UK Travelodge but its much more like a good quality hotel.

The room was large and well appointed with a small kitchenette with a microwave and a fridge ideal for keeping drinks cool. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom large with a great shower. The place was spotlessly clean. There is a complimentary in room safe. The hotel looks fairly new and as such is quite modern and not dated at all.

The location is ideal for sightseeing. The harbour bridge and opera house are a short walk away through the city maybe 15mins through the center of town. Darling Harbour is around a 10 min walk past Chinatown which is maybe 4 mins away.

The hotel sits right behind Hyde Park and very near Museam underground station, which is also the main bus route. Get on here for the bus to Bondi Beach which is maybe 25mins on the bus but worth seeing.

There are plenty of places close by to eat but we walked to Darling Harbour each night of our stay and ate there, great restaurants and jumped in a Taxi to get back, cant remember the cost but not too expensive.

Plenty to see and do in Sydney. If you want a clean, reasonably priced, well located place to sleep then stay here.

2  Thank CCornfield
travelodgesydneygm, General Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2011

Dear CCornfield
Thank you for your recent review of Travelodge Sydney, we appreciate your positive comments. I am pleased you found the hotel spotless - I will share that feedback with our team. I hope if you have the chance to return to Sydney you will stay at the hotel again. Kind regards Joanne Jenkins

Reviewed March 15, 2011

the travelodge is not a luxury hotel but was very comfortable .bed and bedding were comfortable. room came with coffee needs, ironing needs, safe, microwave, tv and fridge. very close to museum station and the free (green) bus stops on elizabeth street across from hyde park. these stops will give you access to the entire city. i spend very little time in the hotel, just sleep and shower and i'm off to explore all day. so for like travelers this hotel will be a great choice.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank vegasonthego

Dear vegasonthego

Many thanks for your recent positive review of Travelodge Sydney following your stay at the hotel, we appreciate you taking the time to do this. I hope if you return to Sydney you will stay here again. Kind regards Joanne Jenkins

Reviewed March 10, 2011

I travelled recently to Sydney with my mother and we stayed in a twin room on the 4th floor for 3 nights. We arrived on the Saturday and had an earlyish night due to having a long day of travelling. We were woken by drunk people going into their rooms from the lifts through the night which was annoying but only had this problem on the Saturday night. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean, it wasn't a 5 star room but had everything we needed. The staff at the front counter are friendly and helpful and on the day of our checkout had no problem storing our bags in the safe room for a few hours. Another little issue we found were the lifts, you have to swipe your card before it will let you press your room button and the card swipe and lifts were very sensitive so sometimes it took some time before reaching the correct floor. Other than that I would definitly reccommend this place to stay as the location is also ideal.

• Stayed: February 2011
1  Thank Nelly-Laur

Dear Nelly-Laur
Thank you for your recent positive review of Travelodge Sydney. I’m sorry you found the lift card readers to be sensitive – they do rely on guests swiping their cards slowly in order to read the magnetic strip. I am pleased the team were friendly and helpful. I hope if you are back in Sydney you will return to stay here.

Reviewed March 10, 2011

The Travelodge Wentworth is located adjacent to Hyde Park so access into the centre of Sydney is not a problem. Rooms are a decent size, especially if you have a corner room at the end of the corridors.
Although rooms only have a microwave, kettle and fridge, it is possible to self cater and avoid the high cost of eating out in Sydney.