“Phillip Street.”

Travelodge Hotel Sydney Martin Place
Ranked #103 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Well located. The price was manageable.The front desk staff need humour.I nearly walked into a closed glass door to the bistro. I t should have something in front of it seeing it is usually open. He said that would have cost me a lot if i broke it .Ithought it was a hazard.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
TravelodgePhillip, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney Martin Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear Neville G F,

Thank you for your feedback, I am sorry that there were aspects of your stay that you did not enjoy. I have shared your feedback with the Team Member who provided you with sub-standard service and I am confident they have improved their performance after this review. I have passed your comments on to the NSW Leagues Club who are responsible for the door in order for them to undertaking a review of the door’s safety. We are always striving to improve our hotel product and our service and appreciate you taking the time to share your experience.

Reviewed July 9, 2014

Stayed here for 1 night after a night out on a really cheap deal. The hotel's easy to get to with shopping nearby and plenty of taxis around. The room was quiet and the bed comfortable. The bathroom was spacious and clean and the rest of the room was really nicely furnished with a suprisingly decent kitchenette for the space. Would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jessica G,

Thank you for your review, we appreciate you taking the time to provide us with your feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel in the future.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

This place was really good I only had a couple things wrong with the place.
1. No extra blankets in the room
2. Hard mattress makes it hard to sleel
3. Air conditioner didnt work
4. Small tv screen so couldnt see it
5. Half the channels missing off the tv
6. The shower head was terrible
7. Not enough milk in the room
8. alarm didnt work
But other then that a good stay the resturant down stairs is the best

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Jaccob K,

I would like to thank you providing feedback about your recent stay and I was disappointed to hear aspects of your stay did not meet your expectations. You have flagged some valuable points that I will be addressing with the team in order to improve guest experience with us. We look forward to welcoming you back if you visit Sydney again.

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Booked 2 King Rooms, and 1 Twin Room, months in advance, and was provided with 3 Queen Rooms. I requested to change one of the rooms to two single beds, and my request was met by the lovely lady at reception (thankyou for being so understanding). It was only after I provided the Hotel with my original confirmation email, complete with original booking request which they claim they never got (although I had the confirmation email) that I was provided with the additional two King Rooms.

Both lifts were questionable at best, both rated to carry 12 people. One only carried a maximum of 4, before it would simply stop moving. The other worked ok until myself and others were trapped inside the lift. We called the emergency line and had no answer. It was after we forced the doors open and got out that I approached reception, and was told by a gentleman "they'd keep and eye on it".

Rooms were adequate, and neatly presented, nothing flash, but it is a budget hotel, and a small sink and microwave was provided which was good. Noise was non-existant between rooms, and the hotel bar was good, although rarely open after dinner which didn't suit my group.

Location was ok, great for business, and perfect during the week, but nothing is open in the area on the weekend. If you're a tourist traveling for a weekend, highly recommend somewhere closer to Darling Harbour or Circular Quay, unless you mind the 20 minute walk either way.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Philip A K
Reviewed July 8, 2014

Great room in a great location, city centre and just a 10 minute walk to darling harbour. By far the nicest travelodge I have ever stayed in. Staff very helpful and quick check out option available. Mini kitchen in the room is a great addition.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2014

I am going back to Sydney in November and will stay here again. My trip was for surgery at the Sydney Eye Hospital and the Hotel was in a perfect location for my family to stay it was also in a great location for shopping and sightseeing.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2014

Great location- within walking distance to everywhere we wanted to go and the main tourist destinations including the exhibition we were in Sydney for, the aquarium, the wax museum and just the city in general. The staff were friendly and efficient and we enjoyed our time there.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple