Travelodge Hotel Sydney Martin Place
$178
Hilton Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$394
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$240
  • Room Service
$164
$158
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$216
$131
Hotels.com
$202
$252
$180
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$193
$130
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$122
1,978 results
All reviewsphillip streetleagues clublindt cafegreat locationcircular quayroom was cleantravel lodgecentral locationhyde parkopera houseconvenience storebusiness districttrain stationwould stay againwalking distancebotanic gardenspublic transport
Reviewed October 29, 2013

A decent hotel worth staying at for a night or two, nothing luxurious though. Bit expensive but that's what you get right in the city. The rooms are clean and there's enough there to be comfortable with.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank HenryVIIII
TravelodgePhillip, Manager at Travelodge Hotel Sydney Martin Place, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear HenryVIIII,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for taking the time to post your feedback. The comments you made regarding your stay with us are most appreciated.

Kind Regards
Francis DiMattina
Hotel Manager

Reviewed October 16, 2013

generally a good hotel to stay in. bed was comfortable and it was nice having a kitchenette, and a fridge where I didn't have to take out items to put in what I wanted to keep cold. the bathroom was well sized but the towels were the smallest of bath towel size. despite keeping some hung up they were replaced daily - but I am not sure that the bedding got the same treatment (despite me not putting the sign on the bed, which should have resulted in a daily change).

the front desk staff were very friendly and helpful, assisting with any enquiry I had.

the restaurant on the main club floor was OK but nothing flash, I didn't try breakfast so not sure how that was.

As it is in the business district it was really noticeable how far away from the action it was when the weekend came around, suddenly the convenience store next door was closed and there was no retail or tourist activity around it. that said, and despite the high number of homeless people near the church and martin place it didn't feel unsafe as a single female walking to or from the hotel.

the rooms do get noise from outside. I was on the court/legal side of the building and did get noise from drunk young people passing and rubbish trucks at time. if you are a light sleeper this may cause you problems.

however, don't leave anything at the hotel and have it posted back - the staff member I spoke to about the book I accidently didn't pack (it had disappeared down the back of the bed) was very happy to organise to post it back. what he didn't tell me was that this would be a COD posting. so what would normally have cost maybe $2-3 in postage cost me $15!!! I don't think the book was worth that to buy from memory. If I had been told this up front I would have sacrificed the book.. this unfortunately left me with a negative impression after such a nice stay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the inside area are probably quieter, outside facing rooms can get noisy.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank taninaus
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Very bare bones hotel. Food and bar was not good. We stayed four nights and tried the Indian restaurant and the ground floor restaurant. Meh. I can't say I would recommend this hotel to friends visiting the city. It's located in the business district and everything nearby closes on weekends and after 5 pm. Since we were from the US, we didn't know the best areas to stay. This was good walking distance from the ferries though. The rooms were updated, though the lobby and restaurants and bars were very old-timey. Nice to have a fridge in the room.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jowanner
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We are not whingers and have stayed at numerous hotels around the world. The room was warm. We didn't think much of it when we first settled in as we understand some air-conditioning with individual thermostats might take a few minutes to cool the room to our desired temperature. We left the room for the day and came back at night and it's as if the aircon was in 'Fan Only' mode even when we set it to 17 degrees. It was warm and humid in there. We contacted the reception, an Asian looking guy at around 11pm. He came up to our room to check the filter and reset the aircon. He made a weird comment about we should set the thermostat to 20-21 degrees to make the room cooler than what we set it to (18 degrees). That statement did not make sense. We were advised to wait a while for the room to cool down and contact him again if it not but we were just too exhausted from our day's event to be calling him again at midnight. My pregnant wife had to endure the uncomfortably warm room for the night. The hotel has a very poor OH&S policy for him to be using a dining chair to stand on while checking the aircon filter. I don't really blame him as he's trying to assist us with the aircon issue. It is not his fault that the hotel did not check or maintain the aircon in that room to ensure it was functioning properly before assigning it to guests. In the morning, Nikki attended to us and she was fabulous. She made all effort to move us to another room. She tried to get us a room on the same floor and escorted us to our new room to ensure it was cooler than our previous room. She stepped into our room for the first night and acknowledge the room was warm. She then organised for our luggage to be moved while we went out for lunch. She was very apologetic about our experience. We would give her the employee of the month award for her excellent service.

We didn't ask for the reception's name but he mentioned he was Jonathan when he answered a phone call while we were checking out. He appeared either uninterested, lazy or can't wait to have the check-out process over. There was not 'How are you today.' or 'How was your stay.' It's the first hotel we've been where there was no greeting from reception during check out.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We came across te Travelodge Phillip Street purely by chance on the net, this hotel was very clean, good sized rooms, very friendly staff, good bar and a tasty full hot breakfast for $16 would throughly recommend this hotel

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends