3,766 results
All reviews martin place clock tower heavenly bed heritage room mosaic restaurant old post office gpo building tower rooms rain shower spg member circular quay health club business hotel the executive lounge beautiful hotel room service the central business district
Selected filters
Reviewed November 7, 2017

Very central part of the city to stay. Close to Darling Harbour, The Quay & shopping Mall. Right at Martin Place, short distance to State Library, Parliament House & Hyde Park. Great pubs & restaurants close.

Room tip: High Floor
Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Absolutely gorgeous hotel, and the amenities, location and detail was spectacular.

However, I had come here specifically to get some rest (I live in Sydney), and the bed really let it down. For some reason the left side of the mattress was lower than the right, and had almost a body indent in it. The bed was uneven in consistency which was very odd. Definitely something wrong with the mattress and I spent the night rolling around trying to get comfortable, unsuccessfully.

I’ve stayed at numerous hotels both in the Sydney CBD, and worldwide, and unfortunately the bedding in this particular room was a disappointment in comparison.

Overall still 3, as I loved the big bath and room in general.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Jordan D, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2017

Dear FamilyHolidays8,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback following your recent stay. We are so pleased you enjoyed the location of the hotel as well as our accommodation rooms. We apologise that the bed in your accommodation room was not to standard and would love to gather further information from you so we can investigate this issue. Please contact the hotel at westin.sydney@westin.com. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do hope to welcome you back to The Westin Sydney in the future to hopefully enjoy the Heavenly bed.

Kind Regards,

Mark Burns

Reviewed November 5, 2017 via mobile

Fabulous location.
Easy walk to all the shopping/cafes and restaurants.
Liked the locale.
easy walk to the boardwalk area at the pier as well.
Good solid breakfast. Nothing overly fussy but getting the core juices/fruit/coffee right.

Date of stay: July 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2017

Great hotel, excellent facilities and staff but at 10pm the jackhammers next door were still going! I called the operator to be politely advised that being in the CBD construction and go on until 11pm. I was on the 24th floor and it was loud and clear so my suggestion is to skip this hotel until neighbouring construction is finished or stay out after 11pm every night :-)

Dined in the Italian restaurant downstairs twice and had the truffle and mushroom past which was to die for so if you can't get to sleep - suppose you could head to the restaurant.

2 free bottles of water (Mt Franklin) in the soom but alas I could not get the lid off either. Had to resort to the mini bar bottle opener.

The bed large and comfy and the linen was luxurious. Bathroom amenities of a high standard too.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 2, 2017 via mobile

Mixed feelings about this one. It’s a great location in the center of Sydney if you travelling for business; leisure travelers I would think there are better locations.

Again in terms of amenities for business it has everything, fully fledged gym, great breakfast and a full suite of health and wellness facilities. It is however lacking a bit in ambience.

Rooms were average, the couch in my room had a bit stain on it which grossed me out and although next to a piece of Sydney history, the view is literally of a roof which made me feel a bit claustrophobic.

Date of stay: October 2017
Jordan D, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded November 3, 2017

Dear Nat363,

Thank you for your post following your recent stay ay The Westin Sydney. We do indeed have a very central location and a range of facilities in the hotel building. We appreciate your comments regarding the hotel ambience and the view from your room. Please note we do have various room types and those on the higher floors certainly have better view so next time we recommend you inquire about out Tower Premium Rooms between levels 14 and 27 which may be more to your liking.

Kind regards,