The Westin Sydney
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$138
$156
Hilton
$211
  • Pool
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$144
$136
  • Room Service
$202
$157
$141
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$123
$111
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$287
$138
$217
$158
Agoda.com
3,477 results
All reviewsmartin placeclock towerheritage roomheavenly bedmosaic restaurantgpo buildingold post officetower roomsrain showerspg membercircular quayhealth clubbusiness hotelexecutive clubbeautiful hotelroom servicestar hotel
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel, I would recommend to anyone. A little on the pricey side but fabulous, best hotel I have ever stayed in. We are Starwood preferred guests and we got treated like royalty. Amazing decor, the heritage building was beautiful and the beds OH MY LORD were the comfiest I have ever experienced. Glass window inside bathroom with motorized blind and beautiful spa bath. Gorgeous clean huge shower!! What an amazing experience for me and my family. Not to mention the gorgeous buffet breakfast daily included for my family. Thanks for a great trip Westin!

Stayed: January 2014
SydneyManagement, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear louisebull

Our aim is to ensure our guests depart feeling better than when they arrived and we are thrilled to be your favourite hotel in Sydney. We are appreciative of your recommendations and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to The Westin Sydney again soon.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

we walked everywhere from it, including crossing the bridge, great location, close to subway directly from airport. one of the best breakfast buffets ever!. Concierge was not very helpful or friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cailebotte
SydneyManagement, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear cailebotte

We are delighted to read your comments about your enjoyable experience at The Westin Sydney and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

Very efficient staff. Quickest ever check in and out. You don't see housekeeping trolleys, equipment or used room service trays left in corridors. Great location for shopping. Only dissatisfaction was with the swimming pool, hard to find and a let down for a five star hotel. Nice to have two options available for parking, valet or self service.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank hamster l
SydneyManagement, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear hamster l

We are appreciative of your review following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We are pleased you and your family were comfortable in our care and that you could take advantage of our central location. We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Unfortunately I didn't have a good stay at the Westin, it just didn't live up to five star standard. I should disclose that I lived in Sydney for 20 years and frequently return and stay in hotels there.

The location of the hotel is fine, it's at the posh business end of Sydney within reach of circular quay, the rocks, etc. The foyer is nice and it has the fantastic Prime steak restaurant underneath it.

The rooms are fine: average size; nice modern and new decor; comfortable beds. However, the soundproofing isn't very good and I was woken up throughout the night by people talking in the hall and in the room next to mine. I should add that I stayed on a Saturday night and so it may be quieter on other nights, but I've never had this problem in a five star hotel before.

The second major disappointment was the pool. It was a brisk 10 minute walk from my room involving 2 lifts and many stairs. The huge bins of dirty towels near the health centre entrance rang the first alarm bells for me. When I eventually got there I couldn't believe I was in a five star hotel: the last set of stairs is rusty and very dirty checker plate steel and then the tiny pool was surrounded by a hotchpotch of very cheap folding and cafe-style chairs as well as torn foam mats from the gym. I didn't trust the hygiene of such a poorly maintained and visibly dirty pool - so I walked the 10 minutes straight back to my room again...

The third is that parking over night costs $69 - which is about $20 more than the going rate in Sydney five stars including the Sheraton on the Park (its SPG sister). And you won't get on street parking on the weekend before midnight.

The final and biggest disappointment was that when I politely raised these issues when I checked out, the lady on reception was woefully ill-equipped to handle negative feedback and didn't even acknowledge or empathise. She just tried to make excuses about the cost of the parking and told me I should have called about the noise.

Not good enough I'm afraid - I won't be coming back, there are plenty of better options in Sydney.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank SunAndFoodSeeker
SydneyManagement, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Dear SunAndFoodSeeker

Thank you for taking the time to convey your feedback following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We are appreciative of your comments and naturally disappointed you were not totally satisfied with your experience on this occasion. Thank you for your observations relating to the privately operated GoodLife Health Club and please rest assured that we have addressed your comments with their management team. As you may be aware the pool is designed for lap swimming and we can appreciate that this may not have met your needs. We further regret that you were disturbed by some noise coming from the adjacent accommodation room and that you were not satisfied with your interaction with our associate at the Front Desk. Please rest assured that we have addressed your feedback with the wider management team for training and development purposes and we will certainly take your recommendations into account when we next review our service offering.

Once again, thank you for detailing your experience, although we understand it is not your intention to return to The Westin Sydney, we do hope that one of our sister properties, Sheraton on the Park or Four Points Darling Harbour, may have the opportunity to welcome you in the future.

Reviewed January 12, 2014 via mobile

This was a "wow" hotel and we have stayed at a lot of hotels. Room was nice and clean with a beautiful view of the city and clock tower. Fantastic facilities such as a huge gym, pool and business centre. Lovely restaurants and polite staff.
On our last night we ordered room service and got a hamburger and fries to share (hubby and myself) which was awesome but pretty expensive. So only do this if you want to splurge but it is worth it.
The only concern or negative of the whole experience was the breakfast we had on our last morning before checking out. We thought we'd pop down to the hotel restaurant but wasn't interested in the buffet breakfast. So we asked if we could just have something off their breakfast menu instead. We were taken to our seats where most or all were signed up to the buffet breakfast which was fine. We eventually got approached and told the waitress what we'd like and the troubling thing was she didn't seem to understand that we were just interested in menu items. The meals we had both chosen clearly detailed what it consisted off and she was questioning what we exactly wanted. My poor husband had to repeat nearly 5 times that he wanted exactly what it says on the menu. So we were a bit worried what we were going to receive. We eventually got our meals and they were what we had ordered which was good but our coffees we had ordered didn't arrive until we had virtually finished our whole meal which was disappointing. And I had to ask two different waiters whether they were coming yet. It appeared as though the restaurant was more catered for the buffet breakfast and not
menu orders. Overall the hotel experience was good and we would stay there again just probably not have breakfast there unless we were having the buffet.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Davpho

Dear Davpho

Thank you for your review and recommendations. We are pleased that our location and our facilities met your needs and hope to welcome you back to The Westin Sydney again soon.