The Westin Sydney
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hilton Sydney(Sydney)
Hotels.com
$146
$130
  • Room Service
Sheraton on the Park, Sydney(Sydney)
$201
$268
$208
Agoda.com
3,462 results
All reviewsmartin placeclock towerheritage roomheavenly bedmosaic restaurantgpo buildingold post officetower roomsrain showerspg membercircular quayhealth clubbusiness hotelexecutive clubbeautiful hotelroom servicestar hotel
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 18, 2013

The Westin Sydney is perfectly situated in Martin Place and is within minutes of many Sydney highlights and shops. The rooms are well appointed but the cost of internet access is prohibitive. I don't know why so called 5 star hotels do not provide this service as part of their room package. Breakfast was pleasant but hotel guests who ask for staff to produce a latte or other coffee will be charged extra. Beneath and around the Westin is a collection of restaurants and quality food outlets that are worth exploring. I have stayed here before and will continue to do so again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear WameB

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We are pleased you could take advantage of our central location. We appreciate your feedback relating to our internet options, we do currently offer complimentary internet in our lobby, Executive Lounge, Business Centre as well as in Mosaic. We are grateful for your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

only a one night stay but most enjoyable. helpful friendly and efficient check-in - always a good start!my only gripes were the expensive valet parking@$65 and expensive bottled water @$7.the room was spotless and very well appointed as was all the hotel. The buffet breakfast was excellent. We dined out in the evening but I would guess the restaurant would have been good, judging by breakfast. Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: tower rooms are fine albeit not a great view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear brainlessAL

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and delighted you could take advantage of the SuperFoodsRX buffet breakfast in Mosaic. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

I always enjoy the tranquillity of this hotel.
The staff in the Club Lounge particularly are exceptionally polite and helpful.
My only nitpick is the size of the Lounge can make negotiating the buffet breakfast a little awkward.
I think given the Lounge has to cope (from my observation only) guests who think they have free run of an Sizzler or an IHOP, (for my American friends :-) then matters run as smoothly as they can.
I only book here on weekends when rooms are competitively priced and think it is exceptional value at that time. I cannot comment on business travellers paying midweek business travelling rates

Room Tip: Go high in the tower and go for the full glass window views of Sydney CBD and surrounds
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear craigg44

Thank you for sharing your comments following your most recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We are delighted you enjoy staying with us and appreciate your observations regarding the Westin Executive Lounge. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

Disclaimer: I could have gone with a 4, but given that both my colleague and I have provided feedback to management a couple times and nothing has changed, I rounded down.

First off, the hotel is in a perfect location. I love running out the door and within just a couple blocks, making it to a park that leads to a path around Sydney Harbor. Moreover, the gym is as good as one could ask for. The rooms are what you expect for Westin ... clean, modern, and comfortable. Nothing more, nothing less.

My complaints focus on the Club Lounge. First off, the breakfast is of rather poor quality. Who likes runny scrambled eggs?! Do Australians? Apparently not, according to my Australian colleague. But we have raised the issue several times and nothing ever changes (Starwood Platinum, my 5th trip to this hotel in the past 12 months). Secondly, the food at the happy hour is equally poor and never changes. The Westin should take a few lessons from the Hilton down the road ... they do a far better job at both in their club level lounge. The Hilton also offers preferred guests a choice to have breakfast in the lounge or at the main breakfast buffet. The Westin does not. For the rates they charge, I feel the Westin Sydney could do a better job with amenities, particularly for their best customers.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear Fomocolovesu

Thank you for sharing your review following your most recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We are pleased you can take advantage of our central location and delighted the facilities of the Goodlife Health Club meet your needs. We are however disappointed to learn of your feedback regarding the food offering in the Westin Executive Lounge. Please rest assured we have shared your observations with our Executive Chef to review accordingly. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the near future.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Stayed at the Westin for 2 nights on the tail end of a 3 week trip, and I'm glad that I finished my trip on a high note. The hotel is extremely well kept and very much a high end property. Much better than other Westin hotels that I have stayed at. I stayed on the 18th floor of the "modern" side of the hotel, although there is also another section of the hotel in a refurbished historic building. Walking through the halls to the gym, it looked equally impressive on the "historic" side, but I didn't see inside the rooms. My room was very modern with a great view of the city, awesome bathroom and rainshower. Food options were very expensive, but there are plenty of options within walking distance so I didn't try what the hotel had to offer. Also within walking distance are the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business

Dear frankviz81

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We are pleased you could take advantage of our central location and delighted you were comfortable in one of out Tower Rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.