“Excellent location, great internal space”
Review of The Westin Sydney

The Westin Sydney
Ranked #33 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed July 3, 2013

Very centrally located hotel, well maintained room and extremely comfortable beds. Buffet breakfast well catered. A little noisy due to demonstrations in nearby square but a transient phenomenon I would imagine. The covered interior space is great.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank KilburnKid
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear KilburnKid

Thank you for sharing your review following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We are pleased you could take advantage of our signature Westin Heavenly Bed and delighted you enjoy our SuperFoodsRX buffet breakfast in Mosaic under the stunning glass atrium. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Sydney

Reviewed July 2, 2013

We were sent a package at the hotel, but the sender did not write the hotel name on the address. Since the address of the hotel is the same as the office building next door, we thought the package was lost. We left a forwarding address but did not expect it to show up. But a few weeks later, the package showed up to our address in Thailand. No additional charge.

That's good service!

Room Tip: Stayed in a large room with exercise equipment, near the gym. Was very nice, one of the biggest room...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jack P

Dear Jack P

We are appreciative of your kind words following your recent experience with The Westin Sydney and are pleased you received your package. We look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

We stayed here for my partners birthday, when we arrived we were told that our bags would be taken care of and for us to see the desk to check in. Unfortunately for us the porter didn't get all of our bags out of the back of the taxi and therefore lost our laptop. Management on the day basically made me feel as though I didn't actually have a laptop ( all though later this was proven by CCTV footage). They have subsequently denied that they were responsible for the loss. All in all the treatment we received was terrible and basically ruined our night not to mention putting us out of pocket. I would never stay there again but can highly recommend the Shangrila which is where we had been staying prior to checking in.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Reece T

Dear Reece T

Thank you for providing additional feedback on Trip Advisor. Further to our on-going correspondence we do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to The Westin Sydney and restore your confidence in our service.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

My expectations are high when I stay at a hotel of this quality, and sadly The Westin fell very short. In fairness, the manager was interested in hearing about my experience, but regardless I will be doing my best never to stay here again.

From the water in the gin bottle in the mini bar, to the unresponsive room service (they simply didn't pick up the phone) to charging me for the water/gin - everything that could go wrong did. Very disappointing.

I'm sure I was unlucky, but nonetheless this sort of shabby service shouldn't happen at a hotel like this.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank jks2

Dear jks2

Thank you for providing further feedback regarding your disappointing experience at The Westin Sydney. We are concerned that we failed to meet your expectations on this occasion and regret the inconsistencies in our service. Please rest assured we have shared and addressed your feedback with the relevant departments. We do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back and restore your faith in our service.

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I booked this on a mystery deal and was quite excited about finally staying at Westin and trying out the Heavenly bed. What a huge disappointment, the room was clean and appointments ok, but the bed - maybe it was called heavenly because by 3:47 am I wanted to die. I ended up pulling some bedclothes on the floor to try to get at least a couple of hours sleep. For various reasons, I didn't wish to change rooms in the middle of the night, but as this hotel is rated as 5* I certainly expected much better, and certainly not to have to even consider requesting a change of rooms for a single night stay. When commenting to staff upon checkout I was told that the beds are very soft, but to the point I need a chiropractor afterwards? Oh, and one last thing, at least the really noisy airconditioning covered the sound of the leaking toilet.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank Rob W
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2013

Dear Pithiya

Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at The Westin Sydney. We are happy to hear that you took advantage of our central location but are disappointed to learn that you were disturbed during the night and were unhappy with the room you were allocated. We have a selection of rooms to choose from and we would be happy to discuss these with you for your next booking to discover your preferences and to ensure a positive experience.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Had read a lot of good things about this hotel. second stay here inside a month a I would say over rated. good sized rooms and clean but room looks out into an office block which means I have to keep the curtains pulled for privicy. Dissapointed

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank stevetamz

Dear stevetamz

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We are uplifted that you found our rooms to be spacious and well cared for however disappointed that you were unhappy with the outlook. We do have four vantage points overlooking the cityscape from our unique collection of rooms. We hope to have the opportunity to showcase another outlook on your next stay.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I stay 250 nights a year in hotels, so probably my expectations are high. Yet still at Westin's executive room decoration is below average, at the 30th floor I can't sleep because of the noise, there is no view to speak of, power outlets are located at ridiculous corners of the room. Besides I have never seen a SPG hotel with a gym that closes at 6-8 PM! Go for Sheraton on the Park, or Four Points - it is a SPG category 5 hotel.

On the bright side it is 2 minutes walk to Westfield, and 15 to Darling Harbour. But so are most of other 5 star hotels

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Pithiya

Dear Foodlover8571

Thank you for providing further feedback on Trip Advisor. We trust you received our prior correspondence and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.