The Westin Sydney
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
3,512 results
All reviewsmartin placeclock towerheavenly bedheritage roommosaic restaurantgpo buildingold post officetower roomsrain showerspg membercircular quayhealth clubbusiness hotelexecutive clubbeautiful hotelroom servicestar hotel
Reviewed January 18, 2013

This 5 star hotel does not shine.. Checkin staff was very un-welcoming and had either worked a double shift or was on drugs. Asked my for my credit card info twice .. She meant my ID no she didn't she meant my credit card.. After that was very terse. Next issue ... Not once in 2 days would the security card work smoothly to promptly in the lift. Many guests had the same problem... Come on The Westin.. Surely you are aware of this issue.

Room size and layout as you would expect but lacked bathroom amenities of similar 5 star hotels. They advertise heavily about they comfortable beds. First night tossed and turned .. Until i spoke to them about the problem the mattress must not have been turned for many years .

What is it that a hotel pool closes at 6pm ...

Sure location good as you would expect. I suppose the many corporate conference delegates who are not forking out their own money may not think much of these issues. All in all ... Could have been a touch better all rounds... OMG I still cannot believe how bad check-in process was..

Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Greg E
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Dear Greg E

Thank you for sharing your comments following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We were disappointed to learn of your check in experience, this is certainly not indicative of the high standards we strive to maintain. We are grateful for your further observations and will be sure to address these with our management team. Thank you for bringing to our attention and we look forward to the opportunity to restore your faith in our service.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I booked this hotel using my SPG points and was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to the SPG gold floor. The room was spacious and very luxurious.

Prior to my arrival, I required some help from the concierge picking up a gift from a nearby shopping centre. Ron Greedy worked with me over the phone (I was in Melbourne at the time) to make all the arrangements. Although he did not have to do this pick up for me, Ron was incredibly accommodating and my gift was waiting for me upon check in. Thank you, Ron!

Overall, top-notch service, a top quality hotel in an excellent Sydney location. I would recommend the Westin Sydney to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Dear capebretonboy

It was a delight to read your review. We are pleased you could take advantage of the Starwood Preferred Guest program and redeem your points for a nights accommodation. We will certainly pass along your recognition to our Chief Concierge and Les Clef d’Or member, Ron, which we are sure will be graciously received. Thank you and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This hotel is located in great location with most of the commercial places, commuting options around. Service is excellent made me not feel much about the cost that i've paid. nice place for business as well as personal stay. i would certainly looking forward to stay at the same place when i visit sydney next time.

Room Tip: choose tower side view which gives great natural light in room
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
The_Westin_Sydney, General Manager at The Westin Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2013

Dear Arvi11

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at The Westin Sydney. We are pleased you could take advantage of our central location and delighted our associates made you feel welcome. We look forward to welcoming you back when you are next in Sydney.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Porter and reception staff made checking in a breeze. Polite and efficient. The room was spacious and plenty of hanging space. The bathroom lovely and modern (with all the nice smelly bits too!) The bed somewhat soft for my liking but there was no outside noise - lovely and quiet considering this hotel is extremely central. My only glitch was chasing up for our bags - they arrived after repeated requests but close to 30 minutes later. We decided to carry our own on checkout .. we didnt want to miss the flight!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Peta J

Thank you for sharing your review of The Westin Sydney. We were pleased you had an enjoyable stay and were comfortable in our care. We were however disappointed to learn of the delay in receiving your luggage on this occasion. We will ensure your feedback is shared with the team and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Staying at the Westin was simply lovely. The hotel incorporates the old post office in quite an amazing way. I found the architecture dazzling and the room exceeded my expectations. It had fluffy robes, a great tv, and the best bathroom I have ever encountered in an Australian hotel.

I didn't interact a great deal with the staff, but on the one occasion I asked for advice, I found them friendly and helpful. The food in the hotel is predictably very expensive, but one alternative for snacks and drinks is the supermarket that is very close to the rear exit of the hotel, and down an escalator. Paying for WIFI in the hotel would be exhorbitant too, but thank heavens for smartphones.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Icc76

Thank you for posting your comments following your recent stay with us. We are fortunate to have a unique location with the blending of the historic General Post Office building and the modern tower. Our glass walled bathrooms are very popular, we are pleased this was to your taste and your stay was enjoyable.