The Sydney Boulevard Hotel
$178
Hilton Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$394
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Regency Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$240
  • Room Service
$197
$175
  • Pool
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$216
$131
Hotels.com
$164
$157
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$193
$130
$252
$180
$203
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$122
1,161 results
All reviewskings crosswilliam streetopera househyde parkharbour viewhop on hop off busst mary's cathedralsteam roombotanic gardenscircular quayminute walkroom servicebuffet breakfastwalking distancedeluxe roomroom wasn't readystayed here for nights
998 - 1,003 of 1,161 reviews
Reviewed June 30, 2008

We stayed at the Bayview Boulevard Hotel for 2 nights in May 2008. Our accom fell through the morning of our trip and we found a room on Lastminute.com.au. The room was very modern, facing William St and had recently been renovated (end of 2007). A crib was ready in the room for our baby, and it was very comfortable. The hallways smelled of smoke, but our room didn't, and we were very happy for the discount rate.

The second night my husband went to reception to request an upgrade at 5:30pm as our baby doesn't sleep well in the same room as us, and the bathroom was too small for the crib to fit. We were given a suite facing the harbour and moved immediately. My husband said I didn't want to know how much extra it was. I was disappointed that we didn't get a good rate for the upgrade, especially as the room would have been empty for the night. It would have been great customer service to have been given the upgrade for a nominal fee to cover housekeeping (maybe the full price of the room we originally stayed in).

The suite was fantastic. The living area and sleeping area both had their own entrances. We were able to put our baby to sleep at 6pm in the closed off living area, and then use the sleeping area for watching TV, having dinner (table and chairs provided), using the bathroom, and one of us popping out to grab some takeaway in Darlinghurst. The views were absolutely magnificent, stretching from the city to the ocean (see my pics attached - sunrise).

The hotel is a great spot; walking distance to the city, right near all the great cafes in Potts Point, 2 supermarkets, a short walk to the wharf, Hyde Park, and the great restaurants of Darlinghurst. Just avoid Kings Cross at night if you feel uncomfortable with the seedy side of Sydney.

I found the car parking to be too expensive ($20+), and very difficult to get into and out of. We had a full security check every time we entered the carpark (including mirrors under the car, checking the boot of the car).

Overall an excellent experience, although I wish our suite rate was discounted, and for that reason would probably stay elsewhere next time to try something new.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank sbond
Reviewed June 20, 2008

Very good location just 10 minutes walk into the city. Seamless check-in and check-out. Modern, well appointed room with great view across to harbour, bridge and opera house. Overall, everything you'd expect from a good 4* hotel.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
2  Thank Marcus_and_Wendy
Reviewed April 8, 2008

Fairly average hotel with a business feel to it. There's a cafe on the ground floor which sees a fair amount of business meetings, and a car park around the back (although there's plenty of parking places in the streets nearby). Busy, but competent, lobby.

Rooms were comfortable and fairly modern. Clean and comfortable beds, and the bathroom had a nice shower. Unfortunately one night we had a few cockroaches in the room - on the 21st floor. When we spoke to very, very nice housekeeping personnel, they explained they'd had a roach problem and had the exterminators in! Looks like they've still got a problem.

Didn't try the restaurant on the top floor as it looked overpriced and there's plenty of restaurants and bars across the road (2-min walk). In particular Bar Modena 88 (a quick google will tell you all about it) which has a wonderful atmosphere, good food and very friendly staff.

Oh, 5 minutes up the road (towards Kings Cross) seemed to be an impromptu red-light district at night. Very skanky and best avoided.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank grimfandango77
Reviewed March 2, 2008

I stayed at the Bayview Boulevard on the weekend and thought it was great value for money.

When I arrived the room wasn't ready, but the concierge was very helpful, storing my bag and directing me to some great cafes where I could have lunch. I returned at 2pm and was able to check-in, even though check-in is usually at 3pm.

The room was supposed to have 3 beds, but only had 2 and I spoke to reception about this and they sent a rollaway bed up in the next half hour (it was large and my friend found it very comfy). We also received extra towels immediately after calling down. It was located on a smoking floor, despite my requesting non-smoking. However, the room and floor didn't smell of smoke, so we weren't bothered by it. The rooms are quite basic, but spacious, clean and very comfortable and we had a nice view of the city.

The location is fantastic, only a couple blocks from Hyde Park and Oxford St and a nice walk to Surry Hills and Paddington. Central Station and Kind Cross Station are also nearby. I found it quite safe walking around at night, as there are lots of people around in the city.

Overall, I found the service very good, especially the two concierges I dealt with and I appreciated the late check-out. It was quiet despite being on a busy city street and the location is so central. It's not a fancy hotel, but it's well equipped and for $138/night it was excellent value.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Happy_hol_tripper
Reviewed March 1, 2008

We stayed at the Bayview Boulevard for 1 night whilst we were in Sydney. When booking we advised that the room we required was for 2 adults and 2 children, after checking in we went to our room only to find twin single beds. We returned to reception where the problem was quickly rectified. The hotel was clean tidy and furnished to a high standard, overall a great hotel. We had dinner at the nearby Italian restaurant Spigolos, it was saturday evening and they had entertainment on which made a great atmosphere and the food was lovely and not expensive.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family