We chose this hotel as it is in the Rocks area of the city – where there are quite a few restaurants and bars. It is an attractive hotel which is well-maintained and very clean.
Our first room (on a lower floor) was adequate, if a bit gloomy as there wasn’t much natural light due to surrounding buildings. We moved to the top floor, which was excellent. It was large, with a separate bedroom and lounge area, and the view is great – with the opera house right in front of you, and the harbour bridge to your left. In fact, it was so nice that we spent most of one sunny day on the terrace, finding it hard to tear ourselves away.
The hotel is distinctively and attractively furnished, though it must be said it does look a tiny bit worn here and there in public areas. They’ve squeezed in a pool, which was closed for maintenance when we were there.
Staff members were friendly and efficient. Although it’s in a busy area, the hotel itself is peaceful and quiet. It seemed to be a hotel popular with couples, as we saw no children there.
One small irritation is the policy on wi-fi. You have to pay A$13+ per 2 hours. This may be fine if you don’t need to be online several times a day, otherwise this can add up to a lot during your stay. Frankly, it is a skinflint policy and a Big Black Mark against the hotel. We had received complimentary wi-fi in some other hotels before arriving here. Surely, complimentary wi-fi will be the norm soon. If you aren’t inclined to pay it go to the Custom House by the nearby train station & log on free on the second floor of the public library.
In summary, the Rendezvous is a well-located, good quality hotel with a fantastic view from the top floor. Pay the extra – it’s worth it – but take a short walk rather than pay their silly wi-fi prices.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in Sydney's colourful past in The Rocks. Select from Rendezvous Stafford Hotel Sydney's unique offing of historic Terrace Houses, One bedroom apartments and spacious Studio Rooms. This 61 room boutique hotel is a hidden treasure, the Rendezvous Stafford Hotel Sydney is only moments from Circular Quay, the Harbour Bridge and Opera House. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Rendezvous Hotel Sydney The Rocks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Collection Sydney
- Sydney Clarion Collection
- Clarion Sydney