“FAIR PRICE, GREAT LOCATION, CLEAN”

Rendezvous Hotel Sydney The Rocks
Ranked #59 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights after cruise. Great price for location, free apples, clean, friendly staff. Had view of opera house from our room. If would have known there are rooms w/ balcony's, would have booked one. Many restaurants and pastry shops in area. Emily, on front desk, was a great help on getting cabs, transport to airport, recommending places to eat, tours or whatever. They will book them for you.

Room Tip: Book room on top floor w/ balcony.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ravi S, General Manager at Rendezvous Hotel Sydney The Rocks, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you Chin1ger for leaving a review about your recent stay with us, we highly value all feedback from our guests. Our location is perfect for anyone travelling to/from cruise and I am glad that our staff were able to assist you during your holiday. For next time, visit our website as it is a great place to check our our room types as well as take advantage of some great deals. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit!

Hotel Management

Write a ReviewReviews (2,346)

Reviewed November 14, 2012

+excellent location for anything in Circular Quay area as it is a short walk.
+easy to walk to the shopping precinct or catch the free bus that goes up Elizabeth St or George St (It does a loop)
+stayed in one of the Terrace Houses and would highly recommend this accommodation for couples, not for a family. (husband watched TV downstairs while I had a siesta upstairs before doing the whle Opera Houase thing - see review)
+can be self catering in the Terrace Houses but with so many restaurants to choose from within a short stroll why would you?
*can't comment on parking as we did the train, bus, walk thing.
*was surprised to see a pristine swimming pool and spa so take you 'togs'
TIP
book the buffet breakfast on check in because it is cheaper and quality is as good if not better than the cafes, just doesn't have the waterfront view.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Allisbella,

I’m very glad you were able to see Sydney's beautiful city sights while you were here, it is often easier to travel without a car in the city. It's great to read that you enjoyed your stay in one of our Terrace Houses, as you mentioned they are perfect for couples. A tip for next time you visit, you can also pre-book breakfast when making your reservation through our website.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We loved this hotel. It was within walking distance of the harbor, Opera House and restaurants. The morning breakfast was great. Even with the close proximity to everything it was quiet. The hotel was clean and safe. We would stay there again. The front desk folks were extremely helpful and kind.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay. I am very glad that our hotel exceeded your expectations and am glad we will be seeing you again for your next stay.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Each time we`re in Sydney we always stay at the Rendezvous at the Rocks Sydney. Without doubt the best view of the Opera House and the Harbour Bridge from our room on the 6th floor. We catch an early flight home so we wake up looking out over the harbour before the sun comes up which is amazing when looking at the world`s greatest icons. The room is spacious,has a kitchenette, LCD television, couch and table. The room is not the greatest and looking tired, the kitchen is looking its age and needs upgrading but its clean has a great location and views.
The breakfast is great. If you book breakfast the day before they offer a discount ($16.00pp) compared to $20.00pp. Restaurants and Circular Quay are only 5 minutes away. Overall this hotel is well worth a look for position within Sydney.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the 6th floor for the best view in Sydney.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed for four nights in November 2012. The hotel was everything I wanted. Three minutes to Circular Quay, five seconds to central Rocks. The room was fantastic, i didn't know when i booked but it had a kitchenette, so much space, comfy bed, extremely quiet, service fantastic and staff so great.
Supermarket two seconds away, so bought all my brekky requirements and had brekky each morning and it cost me under $20 for the brekky for four nights!!!!
As i said i only wanted to stay in the Rocks area and this suited me. Walked and walked, as everything close.
Ten great pubs within ten minutes so a pub crawl was great.
DON'T STAY ANYWHERE ELSE.

Room Tip: i stayed on the first floor so i didn't have to use the lifts!! Lucky me.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Hi Scottf62,

I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and made the most of your time at The Rocks. We look forward to having you back again soon.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed three nights before boarding a cruise ship and loved the location, room comfort, and friendly helpful staff. We had the business package with free wifi and full breakfast. We were able to walk to all the places we wanted to see and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed only one night but was very pleased I happened to chose this hotel for the first time.
I only booked one week before my stay due to some change in plans and could still get a fair deal online (direct from the hotel web site).

I arrived couple of hours before the actual check-in time and just asked if I could leave my luggage (I had also made a note in the booking), but the staff quickly checked for me and the room was actually ready already. I had booked for a basic studio room (no balcony) but was upgraded (?) to one of the historic Terrace Houses. There was a kitchen/dining area on the ground floor, and bedroom and bathroom upstairs. It was kind of nice even if I was alone just for one night and really did not need all that space and facilities.

Access to the Terrace House apartment was a bit tricky with a big suitcase through a narrow corridor with few steps up and down. The staff did ask if I needed any help though and I was alright, but just a note to travellers with any disabilities or heavy luggage / trams etc. Also note that the Terrace House is a two-story apartment. The ground floor dinig/living area has a window to the Harrington street and is on the street level which can be noisy at times. I didn't feel confortable leaving the curtains open as people kept walking past. As a positive note I did not hear any of the street noise to my upstairs bedroom so it was perfectly quiet night.

The decoration was outdated and the kitchen looked old but hey, it was HISTORIC Terrace House afterall. More importantly, it was clean and confy.

There's free Wi-Fi Internet but only up to 3-hours every calendar day and on limited speed at 256kb/s. Additional speed can be purchased but I found the free connection was good enough to do some "facebooking" and checking out few things online.

Just want to mention again that the location is amazing and the hotel staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. Couple of other comments: There was a small swimming pool too that looked clean and inviting but the weather was too cool for me to dip in. No comments on breakfast as I didn't have it included - wanted to go out for a coffee and enjoy the athmosphare at the Rocks and Circular Quay.

Note to travellers arriving by car!
Easy option: There is a secure car park just next to the hotel, over nite rate (24 hrs) is 40 AUD (Single Entry Only).

Save money -option: Park free from 10PM to 8AM around the corner along Argyle Street (or on Harrington street itself if you are lucky to get one of those few spots). It's difficult to find parking there at times but around 9-10 PM on a weekday at least was not a problem at all. Then just have to get up before 8AM to pay a fee or drive away. I paid 4.40 AUD per hour so it turned out around 12 AUD altogether for over night parking.

Will definitely stay again in this hotel if an opportunity arises to come back to Sydney!

Room Tip: If travelling by own car, look for cheaper parking options around the corner.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo