Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
$160
$152
Hilton
  • Restaurant
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
$156
$284
$206
$179
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$126
$119
Travelocity
2,761 results
All reviewswalsh bay suitewaterside roomopera housechampagne on arrivalsydney harbourluna parkrocks areaamazing locationthird floorboutique hotelking roombuffet breakfastan easy walkgantrysebelconciergewharf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 12, 2010

i stayed here for 4 nights in July 2010 the staff were very good and very helpful and only 1o Min's Walk to circular Que i fond that it is very resemble in prise for the rating of the hotel
and would stay here the next i come too Sydney the room was very nice and on the TV when got to room in had a welcome in my name witch i thought was was very good

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed July 10, 2010

This was our fourth (or might even be fifth!) visit to the Sebel Pier One and although we flirt with the idea of other hotels we just can't help coming back.

The main draw for me is the location. It's right near the Rocks and CBD but tucked away under the bridge and it feels a world away from the hustle and bustle (trust me you get used to the "clicks" from the bridge and the sound of the ferries). That first walk from the hotel to the Rocks gets me every visit - turn left out of the entrance, follow the road round the corner and there's the bridge with the Opera House framed beautifully in the right hand corner, real "catch your breath" stuff. Keep on around the wooden walkway and there's the Park Hyatt, Circular Key, the CBD all laid out in front of you.

What other CBD hotel in Sydney offers a seat outside right over the water? Please tell me if I've missed it! We spent every afternoon soaking up the Sydney sun sipping a chilled white wine or VB, eating hot chips and just enjoying being together.

Service from the wait staff was excellent as always, although a couple of evenings the bar was a bit crowded with weddings we were always looked after but was not good on the privacy front. I've mentioned the curiously absent concierge in previous reviews but this time top marks - perhaps they know it's me now?!

Room was lovely as usual - looking out over the water and not too close to the Hickson Road end so we had a view past the opposite wharf.

I'm sure we'll be back again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2010

My husband and I were hoping to celebrate our wedding anniversary overlooking the harbour sipping champagne. We were very disappointed with our ground floor room which was right next to the carpark. The room opened directly onto the footpath and every passer by peered into the room. Our only chance to have any privacy was to close the curtains- not quite the water view we hoped for! The furniture was very shabby (laminate was peeling off many pieces). The toilet made the noise of an aircraft toilet ( and we could hear all the surrounding toilets flush during the night). The wharf next door was hosting a party with thumping music which reverberated across the water for hours. We could not wait to leave and would not recommend that anyone stay here. We stayed in another Sydney hotel two months later for the same price. The experience was totally different and we finally celebrated our anniversary in the way we originally intended

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kitty555
Reviewed July 3, 2010

The location of this hotel sells itself. I quite liked the style of the room but can understand that it may not be to every ones taste. Bed could have been better but I would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 1, 2010

Great location just under the Harbour Bridge, but the hotel is dated, a bit dirty and a disappointment!

After a long day of meetings I decided to not brave the cold outside and order room service. The food was horrible and over priced! The food standard was equal to a bad shopping center food court!

If I was here for a personal holiday I would be really annoyed, but I'm here for work for one night....so I will get over it!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
SebelPierOne, Manager at Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2010

Dear Greentedo5

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at The Sebel Pier One Sydney. I am disappointed to hear that your experience did not meet your expectations. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. Your feedback has been shared with my relevant Department Managers for their follow up and response. I hope that you will accept our apology and allow us the opportunity to show you this level of service is not indicative of the usual high standard at our hotel.

Kindest regards