Just returned home (Adelaide) after spending 4 nights at the Sebel Pier One and have already been telling our friends about how good this place is.
We booked through lastminute.com and got a fantastic room rate for a hotel in this location. Having stayed in Sydney on a few previous occasions (but in different hotels/apartments) I was well aware of how handy the location of this hotel would be to access areas like Circular Quay, The Rocks, CBD and Darling Harbour to name a few. Literally 50metres from the front door of the hotel and you are standing at the waters edge looking at the magnificent Sydney Harbour and Opera House, not to mention looking up and seeing one of the great icons of Australia, the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Being within casual strolling distance of the ferries,trains and buses at Circular Quay is a huge bonus if you don't want to be driving a car around Sydney. All are within 5 minutes walking time (10 minutes if you chill out and enjoy the sights and sounds at a slower pace) from the hotel. This short walk is a great way to start and finish your day of sightseeing, no matter what time of the day or night it might be. You have probably guessed by now we were impressed by the location!
The hotel and its facilities provide excellent value for money and is one we found more enjoyable to stay in than some of the much more expensive and 'stuffy' 5 star hotels around. Whilst the rooms are not large they are very well appointed, comfortable, and above all, clean. We spent most of our days enjoying the sights of Sydney and only needed the room to sleep and recharge before heading out to do it all again. Why stay in your room when you can sit out on the pier and relax and take in the views?
We found all staff members to be friendly, courteous and helpful (with no exceptions). If you offer a smile and a friendly greeting it's amazing what responses you get when dealing with people! Some travellers should try it - it's not that hard to do.
The breakfast deal at the hotel is an absolute bargain! We had the full breakfast each day and that provided our fuel to get us through most of the day. If you don't want to eat at the hotel there are plenty of eating places in the Quay and Rocks areas or at a couple of the local pubs within a short stroll. Watch out for the rabbits under the bridge on your way to the Harbour View Hotel, and the bats flying overhead at dusk (yes really!).
All in all, GREAT holiday, GREAT location.
We'll be back, no doubt about that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection is ideally located on the magnificent Sydney waterfront close to the Southern pylon of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Boutique in size, our hotel features 189 unique federation style rooms with contemporary chic furnishings. Located in the heart of the Rocks, our hotel offers the perfect accommodation for exploring Sydney or getting friends together for a special event or wedding. The Gantry Restaurant & Bar offers its guests the ultimate open air dining experience with full panoramic views of Walsh Bay. Our luxury Sydney Harbour hotel's accommodations also offer a smoke-free environment, valet parking and 24-hour security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Marriott, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Pier One Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Pier 1 Sydney
- Sebel Pier One Hotel Sydney
- Pier One Sydney
- Sydney Sebel Pier One