3,115 results
All reviews walsh bay suite waterside room opera house sydney harbour champagne on arrival luna park rocks area amazing location third floor boutique hotel buffet breakfast gantry sebel wedding concierge warehouse wharf
Selected filters
Reviewed June 15, 2017

If within your budget, book into a Walsh Bay view room; overlooking the harbour is fantastic.
The check-in experience is wonderful with champagne & chocolate-coated strawberries.
Really enjoyed The Gantry Restaurant; excellent food and service.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Annie S
Reviewed June 14, 2017

Beautifully situated. I thought parking would be a problem however it wasn't at all. I attended a business function there. The catering was excellent, the staff friendly and helpful and I found it a very pleasant evening.

Date of stay: April 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Diana F
Reviewed June 14, 2017

Very good service and rooms are spacious and clean.
The bar has a really nice feel to it too and the location is right under the harbour bridge. with iconic views and comfortable accommodation, it does well on all fronts.

Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank 560anon
Reviewed June 14, 2017

For those who want to be close to the Sydney Harbor bridge, you can't get much closer than this hotel built on the the first pier of what used to be a working dock. Indeed, part of the hotel is built on pilings from the original dock, some of which remains on this historic site. We were greeted by Tom with a smile and offered us an early morning juice (arrive later and you receive a champagne welcome and chocolate covered strawberries!). Both Tom and concierge Eugene were very helpful, remembering our names--and following up on special requests. The hotel manager also was present in the lounge asking guests if all was O.K. He has been on site during Marriott's management take-over and shared upgrades to the property---and problems of managing a site half on land and half over water within "historic landmark" designated restrictions. All staff with whom we interacted were genuinely helpful. Room was comfortable with a view of the bay and adjoining wharf. Floors are a bit creaky--but then again you are on a wharf! The dining room serves a buffet breakfast for which you sign in on entry--and then have multiple waiters that are to serve coffee/tea (made to order--and slow to come on busy mornings). Lunch was from a Kerrigan's food truck outside the hotel and was tasty with places to sit and enjoy the view. The exercise room was a disappointment, one treadmill, two airfan type bicycles, rowing machines and weights. There were no water cups and more importantly, no sani-wipes to wipe down equipment after use. Lighting is dark, especially for early mornings. Management indicated that the exercise room is "contracted out", but as a frequent traveler, I can say it falls below Marriott standards, especially for a boutique hotel that has a high room rate. Room tip--do not stay on the ground floor unless you want to sit outside., as there is a walkway along the pier that can be noisy at night. As to function rooms, the main room at the end of the hotel is about as spectacular a facility as you could want with function space available outside--and dramatic views of the Sydney harbor bridge--beautiful!. Small meeting rooms worked well with excellent catering. We'd stay here again...especially if it is during the Vivid light show days.

Room tip: Avoid ground floor rooms unless you wish to sit outside. Public pathway is next to the building
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed June 13, 2017

I had stopped staying at hotels in Sydney and was opting for Airbnb apartments because I was always disappointed at the level of customer service and room quality compared to what I was paying. I stayed at Pier One after a recommendation from a friend and it was the best hotel experience I've ever had!

Very classy hotel, I received valet service from the moment I arrived and a free champagne while my bags were whisked up to my room by the concierge. The staff were all extremely professional and polite and made me feel very welcome.

I stayed in the waterview room which was absolutely beautiful and very tastefully decorated. The mini bar was fabulous and had lots of great little mini cocktails and munchies to choose from, much better and a nicer range of food and drink than your average hotel mini bar.

On my second night I arrived back at my room to find a surprise bottle of wine, chocolates and a nice message from the staff.

In the mornings they have fresh chocolate coated strawberries at reception!

The room service food was restaurant quality, and much better than a lot of restaurants I have been to!

When I had trouble booking an Uber the staff assisted in helping direct them there, and also offered to contact them on my behalf.

The bar and restaurant are both amazing as well!

I did not want to leave this hotel and will be staying there from now on!

When the valet returned my car, they had left some fresh bottles of water for me in the cup holder which was much needed after a night of drinking.

I could not say one bad thing about this place and highly recommend it to anyone, not suitable for kids as it would take away from the relaxing sophisticated atmosphere. Definitely a place for adults!

Room tip: Waterview rooms are a must!
  • Trip type: Traveled solo