Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
$179
$146
$130
  • Room Service
Sheraton on the Park, Sydney(Sydney)
$201
$162
Sheraton.com
$268
$208
Agoda.com
$198
2,769 results
All reviewswalsh bay suitewaterside roomopera housechampagne on arrivalsydney harbourluna parkrocks areaamazing locationthird floorboutique hotelking roombuffet breakfastan easy walkgantrysebelconciergewharf
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 30, 2013

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
David L, Director of Sales at Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2013

Reviewed October 29, 2013

The location is fantastic. The staff and amenities are great. The cleanliness of the room and hotel in general was excellent. Very handy to the city and rocks area for restaurants and bars. My only small critisim is the water pressure in the hotel shower is very poor.

1  Thank Jenny H
David L, Director of Sales at Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Dear Jenny H,

Wow, thank you so much for your great comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am really happy that you enjoyed your visit to the hotel. Our staff continually aim to make each and every guest feel at home. Our new amenities (Appelles) are proving to be very popular. I have passed your comments regarding the soft water preassure to our Chief Engineer and General Manager.

Thank you again for taking the time to comment on your stay and i hope we have the pleasure of being your hotel of choice again in the near future.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Beautiful hotel in a great location. Room was fantastic, bed very comfortable, very well appointed. Unfortunately let down by the service. Check in & concierge staff were very good. Room service, not so much. Called down for some ice cream around 11.00pm. Thirty five minutes later I receive a tiny tub on a plate with a spoon for which I paid $9.00. Next morning called down for some coffee and toast. Coffee served in a take away coffee cup with lid, three pieces of toast, one of which was burnt and one of the condimint jars was already open and almost empty.

Dear Stewart B,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. Im glad you enjoyed the location and the guest room. I have passed your compliments regarding the great service you received at check-in and concierge to our General Manager, along with the concerns you had with the room service. We do seem to have dropped the ball on this part of your stay.

Thank you for choosing The Sebel POier One Sydney and i do hope we are able to have you stay with us again when you next visit Sydney.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My first impression was “wow”, what a great view. The lobby overlooks the water and the view is magic.

Then I walked into my room that could best be described as a sparsely fitted dark oversized cell with a small window that didn’t open. The white painted furniture seemed as though it would have been better suited to a cheaply constructed apartment building and the undersized TV had wires hanging down behind it.

The room had the basics, a desk with a less than comfortable desk chair, a single chair for watching TV, a mini bar, a room safe and a bed. Accor members also get (slow) free Internet (download speed was 0.62 Mbps). There was no table to eat a room service meal.

My bathroom had no hand towels. When I reported it to reception the clerk said, “Do you mind if I tell management”? I responded “no” but she didn’t ask for my room number and the towels never got supplied (although they were offered late at night when I finally got to speak to the duty manager).

In the room there was a welcome letter with a free bottle of water and a mobile number to call if I required any assistance. The phone was answered by a “leave a message” voicemail from the operations manager. There was no morning paper supplied, even though it is allegedly in my Accor profile and I was not offered one on check-in.
Staff were inconsistent. The breakfast room number recorder was rude and difficult when I asked to use my AdvantagePlus card to get the discount for 2 people in different rooms whilst the gentleman who checked me out could not have been more helpful.

The lobby bar was excellent. I enjoyed a glass of red there before heading out for dinner. The view over the water from the lobby was spectacular, and the duty manager I eventually spoke to did everything he could to change my perception. He explained their heritage constraints and made an attempt to recover the situation.

It’s not a business hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
David L, Director of Sales at Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear AussieStrategist,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your valuable feedback on your recent stay. Im sorry we did not deliver the inspired service we normally provide. My General Manager is very concerned that your experience was not up to standard and he would like me to discuss this further with you. I would appreciate it greatly If you could, at your leisure, email me on H8765-SM@accor.com or call on 02 8298 9999 so i can discuss this in more detail.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We stayed 4 nights,nice tidy rooms, serviced daily, prime location,
Only a quick walk to fairies, trains and the rocks district, would definitely stay there again...only down fall was the bar staff..under trained and very slow.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Jason H,

Thank you for your hosest feedback. I do appreciate your comments as we can only improve by listening to our guests. Im very pleased to hear that you enjoyed the room and the location. I have referred your experienc at our bar to our General Manager to look into as brilliant customer service is our mission and passion. Im sorry we did not achieve the high standard we strive for in this case.

I hope we have the pleasure of being your hotel of choice in the near future.