We stayed at the Sebel Pier 1 in a harbor view room for 3 nights over Easter . The location overlooking Walsh Bay and its piers was fantastic - great base to wander into the Rocks and Circular Quay to catch the ferries.
As far as our experience at the Sebel went ......
Pros : (1) The food at their restaurant (we ate there the first night) was very good and reasonably priced . The only downside to our dining experience was the kitchen lost our order somehow after presenting our entrees and we waited an hour for the mains to come out . Unfortunate but did not spoil the evening - great views from restaurant across Walsh Bay.
(2) Room was large , spacious and comfortable with very good adjoining bathroom. Bed was a little hard for our liking but by the third night we had got used to it.
(3) Hard to beat the location - peaceful and surprisingly quiet even though positioned at the base of the Bridge.
(4) Pleasant staff
Cons : (1) Quirky toilets . Based on airplane style flushing to save water - outrageously noisy when you do flush which is fine if it's only your room you are listening to . Unfortunately , in the morning in particular ,you can hear other rooms flushing - like canons going off in the distance - quite strange and initially a little disturbing .
(2) Air conditioning in our room was freezing - did not matter what you adjusted the temperature to it was stuck on "Antarctic" . We turned it off in the end - so it wasn't a major issue for us .
(3) Breakfast seemed a bit overpriced to us ($35 per head) . We dined at a couple of different cafes in the Rocks and enjoyed really good breakfasts for a considerably less .
Over all , we enjoyed the ambiance of the Sebel and did not regret staying there .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection is ideally located on the magnificent Sydney waterfront close to the Southern pylon of the Sydney Harbour Bridge. Boutique in size, our hotel features 189 unique federation style rooms with contemporary chic furnishings. Located in the heart of the Rocks, our hotel offers the perfect accommodation for exploring Sydney or getting friends together for a special event or wedding. The Gantry Restaurant & Bar offers its guests the ultimate open air dining experience with full panoramic views of Walsh Bay. Our luxury Sydney Harbour hotel's accommodations also offer a smoke-free environment, valet parking and 24-hour security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sebel Pier One Sydney Hotel Sydney
- Sebel Pier 1 Sydney
- Sebel Pier One Hotel Sydney
- Pier One Sydney
- Sydney Sebel Pier One