“Great Location”

Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection
Ranked #16 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I stayed here over the Christmas holiday, and I really enjoyed my stay. The hotel itself is very nice. I won't say it's overly elegant, but it's very nice. I love being able to have a drink or something to it on the water, which is beautiful. The staff were great; very friendly and attentive.

I loved the location. Right by the Rocks, but kind of tucked away at the same time. A walk of less than five minutes puts you in the Rocks with access to all its stores, the street market and the ferries, yet in a quiet location away from the action. I also highly recommend this hotel if you plan to stay in the area for New Years. You are right next to the bridge and can very easily stroll over to the action for New Years Eve. They also had a great NYE party which my wife and I went to with a great view of the 9pm fireworks. At 11pm, we strolled under the bridge to the other side, managed to wiggle our way over a bit and watched the midnight fireworks, looking up at the bridge and over at the Opera House. When it was done, we walked two minutes back to our hotel room. AMAZING!

Room Tip: Don't stay on the lowest floor, and try to get a room facing the water.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tom O
There are newer reviews for Pier One Sydney Harbour, Autograph Collection

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Coming into the hotel at night, alone, from the airport I felt as thought I'd arrived in no man's land. It was very dark and quiet around the area and it seemed to be away from anything within walking distance. I was greeted from my taxi and very quickly felt at ease. Once inside the hotel was inviting and the staff friendly and efficient. Better still the lobby area opened out to a deck area overlooking the bay that seemed like a promising place to start walking to Circular Quay.

My room on the second floor overlooked the water and was big and comfortable. The bathroom was vast with both bath and shower. My only complaint was the pillows. I'm not too fussy but they were all a little too firm and just too much pillow. After checking in I walked around the bay to find somewhere to eat and as it turned out things were so much closer than they appeared coming in by road. The walk around the bay was well lit and as always in Sydney it was delightful to watch the ferries flitting back and forth.

When I checked in I was offered a special deal on the buffet breakfast at $21 instead of $35. I don't usually care for buffets as you can only eat so much but this was a good deal and I enjoyed starting my day with breakfast overlooking the bay and enjoying the very pleasant surroundings. I'd highly recommend this spot and as a lone woman traveller it ticked all the boxes for me.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Paulajoyce
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Wonderful hotel, friendly, courteous staff, and excellent concierge service. Very quiet at night - excellent for a good night's sleep. Great location for access to all the amenities and services at the Rocks.

Room Tip: Select a room closer to the end of the pier for the best views of the Harbour!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ed W
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We enjoyed a "romantic winter warmer package" at the Sebel last weekend. It was terrific value. The hotel is very charming. The room was very inviting and the bed was super-comfortable. The area is very special as you are in the city but it is so peaceful near the wharf. There are many restaurants to choose from and the rocks and circular quay is just a short walk away. The service was friendly and very welcoming. We will be staying here afain to celebrate our anniversary.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Recently we flew to Sydney with my elderly parents-in-law for a 2 night stay at this hotel. We were impressed by all aspects of this stay. Great room with fabulous views, excellent service by the friendly and efficient staff, reasonably priced and excellent lunch and dinner menus. The location is perfect for seeing all the sights and also for walking or sitting and watching the amazing harbour life. All four of us are well travelled and rate thjis experience right up with accommodation in Paris, London etc. Especially loved the fabulous, comfortable beds. we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Gary L
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Good location for walking around the harbour to the opera house, nice modern clean rooms, and for a bit of novelty, a transparent floor in part of the lobby so one can see the water below. Had the weather cooperated it would have been much more enjoyable, however there were no amenities on site. Although the hotel lent out umbrellas, walking around in the cold rain got old quickly. Would not recommend if traveling with children. The buffet breakfast was ok but nothing special.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We recently stayed three nights at the Sebel Pier One for a combined business and pleasure trip. The view from the Harbour View room was spectacular. The service first class and staff were extremely helpful. The hotel is in a great area with the city only a short walk away. The locational also provides several options for scenic running routes as well as a few challenging stairways if you are so inclined. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Harbour View
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple