“Just Lovely”

Ranked #7 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Griffith, Australia
“Just Lovely”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here recently with our little girl and it was just lovely. They staff were plentiful, and very attentive and nice. They were lovely with our daughter. The room was just fabulous. We will definitely stay here again. Our daughter loved her slippers and her child sized gown...as well as her backpack to take with her. Quite a hit.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Sonia L, General Manager at The Langham, Sydney, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Martini465,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at The Langham, Sydney.

It is a delight to hear that you and your family enjoyed your experience at our hotel. Thank you for acknowledging the staff at the hotel. They are a dedicated team committed to ensuring our guests leave with great memories. It sounds like we have achieved this from your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back on your next visit to Sydney.

Sonia Lefevre

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Thank you so much, I had a wonderful stay at your hotel. Everything absolutely brilliant. The staff from conceirge, to reception made me feel really welcome.

The style of the room made me feel like I was in a hotel in France.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Lynnlovesny,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Langham, Sydney. We were delighted to read your positive comments about your experience with us.

At Langham, we pride ourselves on knowing our guests and building great memories. It is wonderful to hear that you leave with your own special memories.

I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team, they will be pleased to hear they each played a part in making your stay special.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Cape town
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Having stayed at the Langham in Melbourne, I had fairly high hopes for this hotel and must admit although the hotel is great with a wonderful location only 10 mins walk from most parts of Sydney CBD and attractions you would want to see, it was the small things that have let them down:

Checkin: I had booked a higher class rate that entitled me to an upgrade at checkin which was not even offered. Only when requested did the Receptionsit check and say oh yes we can upgrade you (considering this was a $35 premium over the other rate,)

Snack at the bar: I ordered a coffee and hot sandwich and when the coffee did not arrive after 5 minutes (condiering the staff were standing around chatting) I asked and was advised that it would come with my sandwich- I have never heard of serving a coffee with a hot meal and even if so was not asked when I would like the coffee

Breakfast: 1) The cold selection was excellent, but I feel the hot selection had a lot to be desired (only option was scrambeled eggs, which were average) and if there was another hot option f eggs it was not offered.

2) My cutlery was not reset at all between plates and when I asked I was looked at as if I have asked for the moon

3) I was not offered a second cup of coffee

Considering they are charging $35 which is world 5 star average, I would have expected a far more better hot selection and better service

Turndown service- I believe this is only te second time i have evet stayed at a hotel of thsi calibre and there is no tundown or evening cleanup service, wich I have noticed has been mentioned by other trip advisor members as well.

If they were to improve their staff training I believe they would have a fantastc hotel with everything you could want.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank ChiragCaoeTown
Dear ChiragCaoeTown,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of your recent stay at The Langham, Sydney. We do have very high standard for both customer service and our overall guest experience and I am disappointed to hear your experience did not meet your expectations.

I have personally followed up with all the relevant department heads, who have all begun implementing processes to ensure these things don't happen again.

I hope that you will accept our apology and allow us the opportunity to show you this level of service is not indicative of the usual high standard at The Langham, Sydney.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

Amazing :)) Our Dog is part of our family and we travel everywhere together.
The Langham was amazing, so welcoming and the room was lovely with its own balcony. Also available was a dog sitting service - it was perfect and all very very happy.
Thanks The Langham, for thinking outside the box !!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Maizy22
Sonia L, General Manager at The Langham, Sydney, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Dear Maizy22,

Thank you for your review. It is a delight to read your feedback!

It is wonderful to hear that you and your dog were made to feel at home in our beautiful hotel. We are certainly proud to be the only pet-friendly accommodation amongst Sydney’s luxury hotels!

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you and your four-legged friend back in the future!

Traralgon, Australia
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My wife and I are regulars to the Melbourne Langham on South Bank and laugh about it being the second home. We love the quality, the luxury and friendly staff. The Sydney Hotel is exactly the same in staff profesionalism and they seem to keep their skills sharpened by regular Concierge competitions. The rooms are elegent and very comfortable. Sleep is easy with all the pillow choices. The food for breakfast is a good selection and nothing is too much bother. The evening meals in the restaurant and bar were to die for.
We'll be back.

Dear pfooty,

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to read your feedback!

Our most regular guests tell us they return to the hotel as they are made to feel like they are at their luxury Sydney home, and I am delighted to hear you had the same homely experience during your stay.

We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to making our guests experiences truly memorable. I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team, they will be pleased to know they each played a part in making your stay so special.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you and your wife back in the future!

Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed August 17, 2013

My partner stays at the Langham in Melbourne for work all the time and loves it so we booked to stay at the Langham in Sydney thinking it would be similar. It is from a "feel" perspective, it smells the same and has the same kind of quaint decor. To be honest I always feel like I am 20-30 years too young for the Langham and I am in my 40's - just not me.
At checkin time we were told we were entitled to an upgrade but there were none available - really disappointing to be told you are entitled to something but we aren't going to give it to you. Checkin was efficient but not friendly.
Everything about this hotel is "nice" but it's tired. It is clean. Very quiet. The pool and spa are down in the basement so we didn't go there. It's a wee bit of a walk to The Rocks so we headed that way most of the time, long walk into town you need to take a cab. The area is lovely with the old terraced Sydney homes, a few neighbourhood pubs and cafes nearby.
Pros - quiet, best hotel shower ever (two shower heads, great water pressure), large room, lots of space with chairs and desk. Cheap wireless. Smells fantastic. Loved being able to open the sash window in the morning.
Cons - most uncomfortable bed, it seemed old and lumpy. Tired decor with ripped wallpaper and worn carpet. Air Conditioning unit was noisy, although it is a quiet hotel we were on the road side level 2 (of only 3 levels) and did hear hoons driving up and down Saturday night.
Won't stay here again myself.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the street - even though it is a quiet hotel it should have a view of the h...
1 Thank nzweekender
Sonia L, General Manager at The Langham, Sydney, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Dear nzweekender,

Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of your recent stay at The Langham, Sydney. Guest feedback both positive and negative is extremely important and on this occasion provides management with an opportunity to address areas of concern and make improvements.

In relation to your feedback regarding our beds, Langham Hotels use bespoke Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses with a tailor-made feather-topper, and we are currently in the process of introducing these signature Blissful Beds into all of our rooms.

I do hope we can welcome you again to The Langham, Sydney.

Have a delightful day.

Kind Regards,
uk
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel a few times with work when it was the observatory and loved it. We came back for a weekend visit and I was disappointed. The new management seem to be cutting corners wherever they can which has turned one of my favourite hotels into something mediocre. I believe it's really the little things which make a hotel 5 star and worth paying for. The langham lacks these, for example; the breakfast is now a hot and cold Buffett whereas previously hot food was ordered from the menu. The juices were no longer freshly squeezed. There was no turn down service and the complimentary water wasn't replaced during our stay. The iPod dock didn't work. The toiletries were cheap and not replaced by housekeeping so we ran out of showergel. We ordered a pot of tea on room service. It took nearly an hour to arrive and then they only bought one cup even though we had ordered for 2. No fruit bowl in the room as was always previously provided. no writing paper or envelopes in the room. I used the reception area toilets upon checkout and they were filthy!
This is still a great building with large rooms and bathrooms in a great location but unfortunately all the cost cutting by the management have really let this hotel down and i think it will only continue to go one way without the special '5 star' touches Disappointed!

2 Thank jen1lum
Dear jen1lum,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Langham, Sydney. It was dissappointing to read that your stay fell short. As a company, we pride ourselves on extending the best service and hospitality to our guests and I would personally like to follow up with you on your experience with us.

Can I trouble you to email me at sonia.lefevre@langhamhotels.com or contact the hotel on (02) 9256 2222 so that we can discuss this further.

I look forward to hearing from you.