“The very best hotel I've ever stayed in”

The Langham, Sydney
Ranked #7 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed June 24, 2013

From the bag guy to concierge to reception these guys have got a really lovely formula for hotel management.
There was a lovely little plate in our room with petit fours and a "happy birthday" to my girlfriend. The bed was the most solid and a king size all in one ( not 2 singles pushed together like the Hilton) with beautiful pillows to suit snorers and light sleepers.
The little takeaway slippers and the water pressure in the shower and the best quality tv with free wifi. Man this was the best experience.
Waking up to light closed off completely allowing us a sleep in, lovely balcony doors opening onto the quaintest Victorian terraces.
Easy stroll to the rocks and town for eating out. And to top it off the concierge gave us an umbrella as it might rain.
Definitely coing back tithe langham.

Room Tip: Doesn't matter whether you get a city facing or a Barbour room, they both offer a unique experie...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sonia L, General Manager at The Langham, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review your stay at The Langham, Sydney.

It is always a delight to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. Thank you for acknowledging the staff at the hotel. They are a dedicated team committed to ensuring our guests leave with great memories. It sounds like we have achieved this from your recent stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Sydney.

Sonia Lefevre

Write a ReviewReviews (1,884)

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed for an evening to get away from it all even though we only live a 10 minute drive away. The hotel has old school charm with excellent service tucked only a few minutes away from the busy endless hum of the city CBD streets. High Tea served for afternoon tea is always good with a great selection of teas & champas. Service is always there if you need it but never intrusive.
We stayed for the night in a harbour view room which was a decent size with a good large bathroom. The bed felt a little old but was still comfy, views are now overlooking the large developments expanding Darling Harbour but there was no noise on the weekend and the views are still currently uninterrupted. The pool doesnt have any views but was very clean with a nice big joining spa. Our package included an 8 course degustation dinner which was excellent, the joining bar has a nice hum to it with a great bar tender/cocktail maker. Well worth the extra $ if you dont want to stay in just another hotel and experience some proper service and hospitality.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at The Langham, Sydney. We were delighted to read your positive comments about your experience with us.

At Langham, we pride ourselves on knowing our guests and building great memories. It is wonderful to hear that you leave with your own special memories.

I will be sure to pass on your compliments to our Executive Chef, Anthony Craven. He will be happy to hear his food was thoroughly enjoyed!

Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed at the Langham for the first time for two nights in June.

I chose the Langham specifically for its proximity to a business conference I was attending at Pier One. Its location for that purpose was ideal. I will, however, use it again regardless of where I need to be in the city.

The Hotel does have an old world style which may not be to everyone's taste but I found it a created a wonderful atmosphere which would be particularly conducive to relaxed recreational visits.

I had a really spacious room and bathroom (I was in a King Bed Room overlooking Kent Street #133). My room was well appointed, spotlessly clean and in a good state of repair (I note others have commented on defects - I didn't experience any). The bathroom had a full sized bath, large shower and, for couples, the benefit of two wash basins. I really enjoyed the fact that my room had a small balcony with a door I could open so I could get fresh air. Despite being on the street side I found the room totally quiet (when I had the balcony door closed).

I didn't eat in for any meals but did briefly use the bar which was again spacious, comfortable and well appointed.

So, I found the accommodation itself very good and good value at Sydney prices (I paid $295 per night).

The service was standout. I found everyone smiling, courteous and efficient from the concierge, to reception, to the bar staff and to the gentleman from engineering who arrived within 3 minutes when I found the padlock on my suitcase had jammed shut. With bolt cutters and a smile he resolved my predicament in no time. This is equal to the best service experiences I have encountered in any hotel Australia.

Dear Jeremy,

I will be sure to share your feedback with the rest of the team, they will be pleased to hear they each played a part in making your stay special.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

We booked a last minute mystery deal and were happy with the outcome.

Hotel is very clean and rooms are spacious. Hotel staff are welcoming and friendly.

Loved the pillow menu!!!

Pool and Day Spa facilities are immaculate.

Dear absolutlynat,

Thank you for taking time to review your experience at The Langham, Sydney.

It is wonderful to read that your expectations were exceeded and you have a great memory of your time with us.

Best regards

Reviewed June 19, 2013

Stayed from 16-18/06/2013. Only knew it by its former name "The Observatory" and by its great former reputation. Stayed in a better then expected large room, king bed, stunning bathroom and a stunning Hotel. The staff were excellent to say the least. The buffet breakfast was a great meal and the resutant in Gallieo was excellent. The hotel is old world charm and is still wedll kepot by Langhams.
The bed was a disappointment as it may need replacement due to starting to sag, otherwise it was not too bad. Very large bedroom looking onto Darling Harbour and was a very quite room.

My wife and I will try be trying to go back and will use the Langham. I notice that Meriton World Tower is Sydney number 1. We stayed there last time 2011 in a 3 x king bedcroom apartment and it was also excellent but nothing like the Langham. If you are a couple and want real qauality stay at the Langham. The Langham is totally a different expeirence as you will meet many top staff and do not miss breakfast.

1  Thank Blackboycreek58

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of The Langham, Sydney.

It is always a delight to hear that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel. We will be sure to share your comments with our team.

The Langham, Sydney is looking forward to introducing the signature Langham Blissful beds soon. These bespoke Simmons Beautyrest Mattresses with a tailor-made feather-topper will be a welcome change to our hotel, and one we know our guests will love.

We look forward to welcoming back on your return to Sydney.

Best regards,

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at the Langham in Sydney for one night and finally found the perfect replacement for my past many years at the Ritz Carlton in Macquarie street which is now gone and poor management cannot revive its wonderful memories. This Hotel has the service and environment to be the next home away from home and I would recommend to all my Melbourne business colleagues as the preferred option in Sydney.
Dear management, don't let this wonderful legacy down, please replace your scratched and heavily worn room service trays, this is not a good look, I can recommend a supplier if need be, with that said however I was pleased that my room service waiter "set up" my dinner on the table, added an orchid, laid out cutlery and condiments, I have not seen this level of room service in years, and can I say your menu is well priced for the quality.

Also, as with another review, please, please consider the bathroom amenities, these are not the level I would expect from your wonderful establishment, think Aesop, Aveda, Crabtree and Evelyn or The White Company the list goes on, but they are more deserving of your hotel brand.

Just a thought

I will be back for extended stays

Dear Malcolm,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at The Langham, Sydney.

I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the relevant department heads.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Langham, Sydney on your next visit to Sydney.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

I stayed here on a business trip to Sydney. From the very first step inside the premises you know you w in for a luxury experience. The staff are wonderful and never before have I been asked by the check in staff if I would like to be escorted to my room. The room was spacious and the amenities were excellent quality. The little touches like bath salts next to the bathtub and heated towel rail are things you do not experience in five star hotels. I had breakfast in the hotel, and the level of detail was exceptional. To have the waiter deliver my breakfast and address me by name shows that they really care and go that extra mile to make you feel comfortable. I stay in Sydney quite regularly, and this is now my new preferred hotel.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your review. It is wonderful to read your feedback!

We are very fortunate to have a wonderful team here at The Langham, Sydney that are dedicated to making our guests experiences truly memorable. Our most regular guests tell us they return to the hotel as they are made to feel like they are at their luxury Sydney home, and I am delighted to hear you had the same homely experience during your stay.

Thank you again. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best regards,