“Not Worth it!”

Astral Tower and Residences
Ranked #46 of 180 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I recently stayed at the Star City Hotel for a few nights and was not impressed at all. The rooms were noisy and early in the morning I had to share the lift with drunk people coming out of the casino while i was heading out to work.
The only plus point is the location. It is close to Pyrmont Bridge (2mins) and restuarnats/bars and clubs.
I would definately stay somewhere else when i visit Sydney next time.
Although my accomodation was paid for by work, I dont think its worth the $$$ spent!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
StarCityHotel, Front Office Co-Ordinator at Astral Tower and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2010

Thank you for you recent feedback regarding your stay at Star City. I am sorry that your stay was not at the standard that you had expected, and that the issues you experienced with noise and other Guests only added to your disappointing stay. Please feel free to contact me direct the next time you are staying at Star City so I can ensure your stay is a much better experience the next time around. Please accept my apologies and I look forward to welcoming you back to Star City in the near future.

Reviewed June 8, 2010

We stayed in the apartments of Star City for one night on the weekend. What a great apartment. Large, 2 televisions, stereo, 2 bathrooms. One problem - we only stayed one night and had to check out by 11 am. I have stayed in the hotel before but we had our 5 year old with us this time and the apartment is just great.

Also we love the pool - nothing like a hot spa outside when its cold and windy!

We did not even get a chance to go to the Casino.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 1, 2010

Just to let you know we booked to stay here in a 2 bed apartment for 4 nights. Had a phone call before leaving home to say that I had to leave the apartment on Tuesday between 8am - 3pm because the place was having a complete shutdown. I wasn't happy about not being told before booking and certainly not happy about leaving at 8am so I phoned the manager, she apologised and said that I should have been told and looked after me with the same room rate for a Sat night. I ended up only staying two nights and left and stayed somewhere else. Star city are doing extensive building and renovations all over but we were lucky they didn't affect us. The Manager looked after us and was honest explaining the situation. We would stay there again because the apartments are one of the best in Sydney.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family

Please accept our apology for the confusion regarding Star City's annual shutdown day. Our reservation team made every effort to communicate this to all Guests when making a booking or in some cases after the booking had been made. Unfortunately it appears that this communication did not get to you - my apologies. I am pleased to read that one of our Managers was able to look after you and was honest with explaining the situation. I look forward to welcoming you back to Star City. Please do not hesitate to give me a call when you are making your booking.

Reviewed May 30, 2010

Lovely hotel near Darling Harbour, clean, spacious and well looked after.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank trabug

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay and felt as though our rooms were clean, spacious and looked after. Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed May 21, 2010

We were in Sydney for three days ...continuing are honeymoon from gold coast ...
Its has a wounderful Entrance with open air Escalaters with fountains . We were checked in ten minutes upon our arrival and the best was that we got our room upgraded foc and also got a 20 $ casino coupon .
The room was pretty big fitted with Lcd and the city view was amazing .. To go to the entrance we always have to cross Casino where we used to get free drinks and eatable as inhouse guests . The tram station is right in the basement of the hotel which makes the connectivity to city very easy ...overall it was gr8 staying in this hotel

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Inderjit_1980

We are pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and were happy with the room upgrade. We must agree with you that we are very lucky with our Hotel position in Darling Harbour. It makes for a great view of the city and is easily accessible to anywhere you want to go. We look forward to welcoming you back to Star City.

Reviewed May 18, 2010

Check-in was efficient and our bags were in teh room before we arrived.
...a clean, spacious 2 bedroom apartment with balcony (albeit not habour views) was just what we wanted for a short 4 day stay. It was centrally located so I could visit an office in North Sydney (20A$ by taxi) whilst the family could do some sight seeing. The apartments were well furnished with a second TV in the master bedroom. The kitchen was well equipped and lounge area plenty of seating for all 4 of us.

The only downside was that hotel restaurants were restrictive due to the fact we had 2 teenage children but no big deal as Darling habour was only a 10 minute walk. Room service was some of the best food from any room service. My biggest let down was an early checkout on departure date, that could not be extended. My family ended up in a grubby airport hotel for the day that made travelling home an unpleasant experience.

Overall we would definately stay here again and maybe next time get a chance to visit the casino! Also glad to see the management showing interest in a few of the comments - a good sign that they care about what the customer thinks.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank kpjohnstone
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Not a bad hotel, just not great either. We were staying in the apartment side of the casino rather than the hotel rooms. Old decor, walking down the hallways remind me of being back in the 80's! that needs updating quick smart! Room was spacious although you'd expect it to be for $600 a night. Very handy if you're there to gamble - pretty central location to the city if you're there to do the touristy things.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank spinspinspin
StarCityHotel, Front Office Co-Ordinator at Astral Tower and Residences, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to complete feedback about our Property.
We are currently undergoing a $475 million refurbishment program called Project Star which involves the re-orientation of the casino towards Sydney Harbour, including a new "iconic" entrance and drop-off zone on the harbour side of the casino site. Included in this refurbishment is a new Hotel Tower, as well as an upgrade to our existing Hotel and Apartments.
We thank you once again for your feedback and look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to Star City.