“Fantastic Hotel on Darling Harbour”

Astral Tower and Residences
Ranked #49 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed June 29, 2011

It's a very good and luxurious Five Star hotel very centrally located near Darling Harbour. The venue is very good and walkable from Darling Harbour. The hotel has very good & big casino. Rooms are spacious and well designed. Room service and breakfast is also excellent.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 21, 2011

Iv stayed here quite alot, my last stay was pleasent however if your thinking of having a party in the apartments think again! They are so strict and will kick you out with ease! Or if there is too many ppl in the room they will make you book another room or kick everyone out! Overall a good hotel and casino is awesome lots of restaurants and bars to choose from really good location!

• Stayed: August 2010
Reviewed June 13, 2011

We stayed in a 2 bed apartment, and found it roomy, clean and perfect for our needs. We had a lovely view from our balcony. The Place is huge though and a very busy casino. We ate in the buffet which was ok. Good location for Sydney, but is a little away from the main tourist areas of the city. Near Darling Harbour, which was very busy in the evenings. A nice place to sit and have a drink in the evenings.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 12, 2011

This hotel is GREAT. The date I stayed is incorrect but I did stay there for a week or some years ago. Service, staff, room, cleanliness - all great. Thank you Star City

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed May 25, 2011

First time in sydney, meeting friend with her parents on day 2, so had a single room first night, family suite for a week then twin for few days. all rooms fab. fantastic food, service, casino, little shop, great spa. so close to darling harbour ferry. one tip- ask for room near lift as walk to rooms can be far. reception very knowledgeable and understanding. they can also cash your trav.chq, make phone calls on your behalf, etc. true 5* service at 3* cost.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank peanut012
Reviewed May 2, 2011

This is my first review of star city, my family and I have been staying here a couple of times a year for 6 years. And saying that I have no complaints. We keep returning to this hotel, because it is resort style and very child friendly. The main activity we do at the hotel is use the pool, first of all the pool is on a rooftop with breathtaking views of Sydney Harbour, the pool is quite large with 2 hot tubs, and even on its bussiest days there is room for everyone, the staff here at the pool are the friendliest hotel staff I have ever come across and this has not changed in our 6 years of visits. The rooms are kept very clean, this visit (April) we stayed in an apartment for a week, It was so nice to have our own rooms with the use of a kitchen and laundry, I highly recommend this for families. The hotel is under a bit of renovations right now, but this has not stopped the great service. We cannot wait for the new reasturants to open to give visitors more variety as there are only 3 reasturants available on the property now. But Darling Harbour is not a far walk if you want to eat out. We live an hour and a half's drive out of Sydney, but we always come here if we need a break and are not travelling overseas as it feels very first class and as far as im concerned the only hotel in Sydney which feels like a resort. I recommend this hotel to anyone looking for r & r in Sydney

Room Tip: call reservations, they have great deals!!!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed April 21, 2011

This is a good hotel for those wanting to go to the Casino downstairs, darling harbour or the local area (Fishmarkets etc). It has reasonably sized rooms which are comfortable with good views of Sydney. However, the service is extremely mediocre! You will all think I am exaggerating here, but it took over 1 hour for my bags to arrive in my room! Nup, no hyperbole here at all. I checked in at 12:45, my bags arrived just before 2pm. The reason was apparently "we are short staffed", which I usually translate to "we have bad managers". I didn't use the internet but I think this is another one of those ridiculous hotels which charge for internet usage- why are they not charging for water and electricity usage as well? Perhaps an oxygen charge too. Internet is standard now guys, wake up.

Its a convenient place if you need to be in this area of Sydney, but don't expect service here.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family