Tripadvisor
Sydney
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews cooking facilities paddy's market light rail small kitchen bar fridge comfy bed location is fantastic easy walk central station opera house chinatown microwave icc transport
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed 4 nights Jan 14-18/20. The hotel is older, but the big apt. style rooms made up for it. Wifi was adequate 6Mbps download, corner room we had 4 windows could use a closer router as desk wifi was poor but bathroom and kitchen were best. Frt desk went out of their way to help even let us use her personal cell to make a collect call, tks Jaranna(sp). Opera is 11min walk, Darling Harbour 7min restaurants. Starbucks 120m. We would go back. I used adequate gym also on 18th floor.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 9, 2020

An old worn hotel that got its 4 stars in the early 80's and for some strange reason kept them. We stayed there for 5 nights because the hotel refused to refund money. had to change rooms because the first room had no working stove and no shelves in the fridge. In the other room the kitchen fan did not work, the bathrooms in both rooms were worn and old and all the hooks hung loose. As soon as you opened the balcony door, the matos from all Chinese restaurants in the area and the sound of traffic and people penetrated even in the middle of the night. The staff were friendly but could not help because their manager was on vacation and no one was responsible during the time the manager was away.
An old worn hotel that got its 4 stars in the early 80's and for some strange reason kept them. We stayed there for 5 nights because the hotel refused to refund money. had to change rooms because the first room had no working stove and no shelves in the fridge. In the other room, the kitchen fan did not work, the bathrooms in both rooms were worn and old and all the hooks hung loose. As soon as you opened the balcony door, matos from all the Chinese restaurants in the area and the noise of traffic was crowded.

According to their website, the hotel should have an outdoor pool and a gym. It turned out that these were in another building and to get there you had to go to a certain floor of the hotel and from there go through a long dark bad smelling corridor to take another elevator to floor 18 in the adjacent building for to get to the so-called pool and gym. On the way back, I did not enter the hotel because the door was locked and had to go down to the neighbor's lobby and walk back to the hotel from the street. I would definitely not recommend this so-called four-star hotel to anyone. I checked other hotels afterwards, even the Hilton had been cheaper.

Room tip: Don’t do this to yourself!
Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank nahsha
Reviewed December 25, 2019

We arrived 27 th November for 4 nights . Standard of room poor. Bath looked dirty. Toilet roll holder hanging off wall . Air conditioning bad. Staff not very helpful.
Second stay 10 th to 12 th December . Different room. Same standard as first room. Bath dirty. Things hanging from walls with loose screws. Still waiting for 100 dollars to be put back on card. Now 14 days.
Third stay 20 th December. Different room same standard .
Bath dirty . Soap dish hanging off wall. No shelves in fridge.
This hotel needs major refurbishment & maintenance ,you don’t expect when you ask a member of staff a question to get different answers. Another 100 dollars taken from account. Now waiting for 200 dollars to be refunded.
The 3 stays were booked by our travel agent & since returning home we have spoken to them about the concerns & future use of this hotel.
It’s in an ideal location but the condition let’s it down badly .

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Swindon135
Reviewed December 18, 2019 via mobile

I enjoyed my stay. I was given a one bedroom room but is so big for a solo traveler like me. I had videos not photos so unfortunately unable to share here. The staff was kind and friendly unlike the hotel city tempo where I stayed when I was in melbourne. This hotel is way way better. I would give 5 stars if the gym is not so complex to go.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed November 26, 2019

The Bed was that bad I had to visit an Osteo when I returned home due to back and neck pain - not normal for me
The Service was non existent - some cheap labour to check in and out - that's all. Zero gym and eating facilities on site - head up a lift and switch, go down to reception next store, register for a key and then head back to the lift to find the gym that isn't open long hours.

NOW. that should be enough to stop someone booking here. But THERE'S MORE.

Took $100 holding deposit. Seven business days later, no refund and can't get access to anyone to call to get the money back!!!!

A cheap hotel, became expensive once I'd paid for meals and external gym and THEN ADD $100 to your bill.

DON'T DO IT

Room tip: Of the building next door
Date of stay: November 2019