“Good location, pretty average room.”

Seasons Darling Harbour
Ranked #150 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Perth, Western Australia
“Good location, pretty average room.”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We booked a 2 bedroom apartment, which turned out to be 2 weirdly interconnecting rooms. It was depressing walking into the first room, I nearly changed hotels on the spot. Just really basic. Fine for our needs, as we were not planning on spending much time in the apartment other than for sleeping. Bathroom tiny and shower laughable. Aircon not working so spent a freezing night as no extra bedding provided. Parking only $40 if you can find a spot! We were told it was full so hubby had to park the car 3 blocks away. Front desk staff friendly enough but forgot to order early morning taxi even though I had a ten minute conversation with him about it. All in all, it is adequate, good location near Darling Harbour but I would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Yannick D, Manager at Seasons Darling Harbour, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Charkey,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your recent stay with us at the Seasons Darling Harbour.

Please accept my apologies for the surprise when you encountered with our two bedroom interconnecting apartment. Unfortunately we do not have any apartments which contain two bedrooms in the one.

Your comments in relation to the heating & lack of blanket has been passed onto the department Manager's concerned. I apologise you were faced with this.

Thank you for your kind words towards the front desk staff, and I am very sorry they forgot to book your taxi, they should not have happened.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future. Sincere Regards.

Manager at Seasons Darling Harbour

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Korean first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Firstly the rating is way off, however it is great value for a stop over if you're not planning on spending a lot of time in the room. It was advertised as newly refurbished, but it looked like a want to be handyman did the entire reno/facelift. I would rate it as a 3-3.5 star hotel TOPS. The service was average and the lady on the phone was quite rude when we were trying to organise our $40 additional parking. All in all it was ok. Probably won't stay there again though.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kodabel,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Your willingness to share your experience is genuinely appreciated

I sincerely apologise your stay with us wasn't as comfortable as it should have been. The Seasons Darling Harbour did undergo a major refurbishment a few year's ago, but as time goes but I can understand the apartment can slowly begin to age.

As a 4.5 star apartment hotel we are proud to be able to consider ourselves as setting the bar for service standards. It is regretful that you faced a lapse in those standards while staying with us. Thank you for bringing all these issues to my attention and the attention of the Front Office Manager.

Thank you again for your review and I hope your experience hasn't permanently destroyed your opinion of the Seasons Darling Harbour. Kindest Regards.

Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Reception staff very friendly and helpful. Apartment was clean but a bit tired round the edges and could do with a total refurbishment. Great, central location near to Darling Harbour. Be warned (we weren't!) that if you are hiring a car the hotel currently charges AUD 40 per night for parking.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Rachel,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Seasons Darling Harbour. We have read your comments about the hotel and we greatly appreciate that you have taken the time to share your experience with us.

Your lovely comments regarding the staff is much appreciated and I will ensure your feedback is passed onto them.

The Seasons Darling Harbour is looking at improving it's facilities with a planned soft refurbishment targeting areas of need.

Please accept my sincere apologies you were not informed about the car parking charges prior to your arrival. I will certainly pass this onto the reservations team.

Thank you once again for your review. Warmest Regards.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I booked a studio room at this apparently 4* star hotel but was alot closer to 2*. The staff were pleasant enough but as soon as I walked in the smell of cooking from extractor fan was overwhelming and didn't get better when I got to the 9th floor (turns out the are restaurants directly next to and below the hotel). My first room was okay but but looked very tired and the balcony door didn't lock and looked directly into other rooms, had a very claustrophic feel and the constant smell of cooking was really awful. The next day they moved me to a much better room overlooking the chinese gardens , the decor was in much better condition and there was much more space. The air con is limited so the room never got cool enough and if you open the window the cooking smell wafts in! Okay for budget accomodation, but in need of a makeover, asap!

Room Tip: Ensure you get a room facing the chinese gardens, preferably the higher the better.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Annawesnes,

Thank you for your taking the time to provide us your feedback on Trip Advisor. I sincerely apologise your stay with us wasn't as comfortable as it should have been.

Your comment regarding the 'cooking smells' has been taken into consideration and action was taken as a result. Unfortunately the awful smells were flowing in from an air vent close to the surrounding restaurants.

I'm happy to announce the Seasons Darling Harbour will be undergoing a soft refurbishment, to ensure our quality and standards impress future travelers.

Thank you for your kind words in relation to the staff and I will ensure this feedback be passed on to the team. Kindest Regards

Manager at Seasons Darling Harbour

Travelers are raving about these Sydney hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Shame it is rated as a 4 1/2 star hotel... it is far from that.
Maintenance quality of the rooms is way below par. Repairs have been conducted by amateurs. Sofa condition, amongst other fixtures and furnishings also, was actually quite nasty, and could not be used. TV channels very few, and Internet at outragous pricing.
Location great, staff I found also very nice, and helpful, from reception to housekeeping were all great.
If you are expecting 4 1/2 stars you will be extremely dissapointed, if not devastated. However, if you are expecting a 3 star hotel, in great location, with kitchen facilities for the family ... then you'll be pleasantly surprised. Read all these revues, they draw the picture of the property exactly as it is.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Duncan P,

Thank you for your recent feedback expressing your dissatisfaction and the quality you faced at the Seasons Darling Harbour during your stay with us earlier this year. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

Your comments in relation to the maintenance issues you encountered will certainly be passed on to the Managers in this department.

Your kind words regarding the staff will be passed on to the team.

Thank you once again for your review, and I hope if you were ever in Sydney again we would have the chance to prove ourselves to you. Kindest Regards.

Australia
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Location++, price+. I fail to understand why appearances are not a priority at this hotel. It is poorly maintained, unclean and staff attitude was generally simply OK. The room sizes are great. Facilities within room are ideal especially for travellers needing to do washing etc. Plenty of space to spread out, desk with good lighting, power points. Shower is a bit small, hot water fine. Now the problems. Filthy within hotel and rooms. My kitchen utensils drawer was dirty and had hair in it. Not vacuumed. Telephone was disgusting. Freezer in fridge had not been defrosted for a long time, fridge had water in base. I booked enroute home and had been travelling 24hrs so was tired. Reception was hardly welcoming but I appreciated early check in. This hotel requires little to improve-----paint, clean and improvement in customer service. It provides essentials albeit neglected, is reasonably priced, has great facilities in a good location. I was a bit cool so called Hotel Services.no answer. Tried again 15 minutes later and got reception. I asked for a blanket and it took 45 minutes, no, will 1 be enough or is there anything else you would like? Lacking in the little things that make a big difference, politeness and concern for guest comfort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Dear PoppetAustralia,

Thank you for your recent feedback expressing your dissatisfaction and level of service you received at the Seasons Darling Harbour during your stay in June. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused to you.

I can assure you your comments regarding the customer service, kitchen, and all troubled areas of need are investigated and will be dealt with promptly. I have passed these comments across to the department Managers concerned.

Thank you once again for your feedback, and I do hope your experience has not permanently placed a dark cloud over the Season Darling Harbour and that we will be able to prove our service and facilities to you in future. Kindest Regards.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Reasonable value for money, decent location as in it is central and so there is plenty to do locally. However the staff are rude, the rooms are quite delapidated... Missing several large tiles in the bathroom ect. "Free" wi-fi is $5 per hour. Like I said, reasonable price but DEFINANTLY NOT 4 1/2 star!

• Stayed May 2013