“Nice place, convenient location”

Seasons Darling Harbour
Ranked #156 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed January 3, 2013

4 star? I wouldn't say that but I don't think we paid 4-star prices either. It was comfortable, fair value and conveniently located on the border between chinatown and Darling Harbour. Paddy's markets, great for souvenirs, is just down the street and it's surrounded by asian restaurants (other fare is available nearby if you're not into asian). The rooms were a nice size and comfortable with the kitchenette and laundry facilities great to have. From the other reviews, it looks like there might be some variation in the quality of the rooms and, if you looked closely, the ones we stayed in might be getting a bit tired but we were happy enough that we booked a second stay for on our way home. Staff were reasonably pleasant and helpful - no complaints.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lopher

Reviewed December 29, 2012

We stayed here on a Saturday night. We booked it last minute not really knowing where it would be located. Location was fantastic, especially if you want to do shopping in the city. The city was less than a 5 minute walk. Close to the Monorail. 5 minute walk from Darling Harbor & restaurants.. If you want to be right on the water then this place isn't for you as it doesn't really have any views other than looking into other buildings. It has a very inner city feel to it. However we were only there one night so we didn't mind. To be honest it was a little expensive for what it actually is as it needs an update. Our room was the executive room & didn't have a plasma, it had an old school tv. The curtains were grubby & marks on the walls. It seems like the room needed a big spring clean however it was still comfortable and the staff were very accommodating. it was all we needed for one night. Parking underneath the hotel is $40 for 24 hours which made our life alot easier as parking around that area seemed hard to find & expensive. If the staff weren't as helpful or friendly as they were then we would not have had an enjoyable experience however they were so it made our stay pleasurable. Thank you to the staff.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

I saw a lot of poor reviews about this place and apprehensive after i booked it on a deal in october..i stayed with my family, hubby,mum n 2 kids. The location is fantastic and I was soo impressed with the rooms and Service that I stayed again in Dec. I strongly recommend the place to all those looking for a good place close to darling harbour. Its just a 2 min walk. The rest of CBD attractions are very close too and the hop on hop off stops very close to this place. A little expensive, but overall good place to stay

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank vowie
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I totally agree with Nursingirl's review. This is a very tired hotel with what I would say is the bare minimum of facilities to qualify as 4-star. The staff at the reception were pleasant enough but not what I would call welcoming. The room was comfortable with the exception of the TV which was an old tube type that was almost unwatchable due to the ghosting. The bathroom sink was cracked as well. Not what you expect to get for the money you pay. I was also surpised that reception informed me that the $100 security deposit debited to my credit card would take 5 to 7 working days to be credited back. I stay in a lot of hotels for work purposes and this is the first one where the hotel holds the deposit for such a long time. Certainly my first and last time at this hotel, even if they offered a free night!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Mick R
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Management should be ashamed of this property. Absolutely the worse hotel we have been to. I don't even know where to start .... one lady at reception very pleasant, my advice to her is get a new job, you are better than this place. Other lady at reception, get in another line of business, you have no service skills. Room was disgusting and filthy. Spent 5 minutes in room and my clothing smelled like I was in a smokey for eight hours, even though no smoking policy!!! Decided to find another hotel and was charged full nights rate for 5 minutes. However, this is fine because my husband's company will never use them again for future accommodation. Was told we had renovated, refurbished room, yes maybe 50 years ago. No restaurant in building, no early check in ..... what a joke!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Nursingirl
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Great location, with access to all the transport services and just over the road from China Town and the many chinese restaurants. It is about a 5 minute walk to Darling Harbour where there are lots of restaurants and bars. To Sydney harbour it takes about 20 minutes walk. The hotel was very comfortable,(the best bed i have ever slept in), the reception staff were very pleasant and helpfull.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cazDoncaster
Reviewed October 20, 2012

Positives: Great Location, easy access to trains, bus, trams and ferries and all the wonderful sites of Sydney. Reception very pleasant.
Negatives: Not Four Star. After a long flight we arrived at 7am, could not access room until 11am, fair enough, but no toilets in reception area, had to leave baggage in room by reception, and go look for one.
Room: We had the one disability room, walk in shower, sliding doors to bathroom and bedroom, so far so good, but room in dire need of updating, no tloilet brush left in bathroom, no door handle on bathroom door, you had to get a good slide on to no shut it! then it would bang very loudly. Lighting abysmal, one mirror in bathroom. Kitchenette, had basics, kettle, toaster, top hob, big gap under sink, did not know why, until we saw that our relatives had a dishwasher in theirs. No tea towel, two days after being there we were left a flannel in the kitchen drawer, a dirty one at that, which brings me to the housekeeping!
Clean towels left daily. Beds just made not changed all the time we were there, room never saw a hoover, bathroom had a basic tidy, but cleaned? Not so sure about that.
NO safety depositit box in room.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family