All reviews museum station darling harbour one bedroom unit world square hyde park the sofa bed goulburn street dining table small kitchen street noise lounge room within walking distance living area convenience store laundry facilities coles supermarket short walk
Reviewed May 2, 2014

Why would you want to pay extra for a concierge in a uniform and an overpriced restaurant and bar? Apartments are where it is at, for me. A spacious, clean and comfortable suite (fully appointed kitchen, stove, microwave, fridge, dining area, lounge, 2 TVs, bedroom and bathroom), conveniently located, friendly and helpful reception staff (24 h), supermarkets, restaurants and bars within 300 yards... And they service the rooms just as in an hotel. Slight downside is 10am check-out. This was well worth the £100 per night (especially if there are 2-3 people). Great place to stay.

Date of stay: May 2014
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Godfrey S
Reviewed April 30, 2014

My husband and I stayed in this property prior to a transpacific cruise. Since we are not Wyndam vacation owners, we had booked the property from a 3rd party travel company. The hotel sits in a relatively busy section of Sydney. There aren't any real views, to speak of. But our room was very spacious and clean with granite counter tops. The room consisted of a bedroom, bath, living/dining area, and a small kitchen supplied with enough plates and utensils to cook. Sydney is a beautiful, if expensive city. We elected to shop at a nearby grocery for the few items we'd fix for a dinner or two and for breakfast. The resort had a coin operated laundry which we really appreciated. The staff were very helpful with all of our questions. We love to walk, so walk we did...down to the Harbor and all around Sydney. It is a very walkable city. Buses are also available, as are taxis and trains if you chose to not walk. There is a small restaurant adjacent to the property with good coffee, breakfast items, sandwiches, etc. Although this property is good in most regards, my husband and I would probably opt to chose another hotel with a view if we were to return to Sydney. It is a beautiful city and the harbor is spectacular.

Room tip: Higher floors are probably better due to the prevalent street noise. Don't be put off by the boarded up building across the way. It didn't seem to be a problem.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank Travelfun6639
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

A great place to stay. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which was spacious and well set out. 2 bathrooms, TV's in the living area and each bedroom and free Wifi made traveling with a teenager just that little but easier. Staff were attentive and the Concierge helpful and informative. There is the 25 minutely free bus that will take you you further into the city or to Circular Key if you don't feel like walking. Close to everything.

6  Thank mcoj
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I've been staying at the Wyndham for work for the past 5 weeks and have a few more weeks there to go. I'm very happy work has booked me in there. Staff are usually very helpful and friendly. Hyde Park is only a couple of minutes walk as is the train station. It's close to good pubs and restaurants. The rooms are clean and I'm lucky to be given some of the bigger suites. I'd recommend staying here.

Trip type: Traveled on business
2  Thank Anthony G
Reviewed March 28, 2014

We stayed here for the first time for 2 nights in studio on the 9th floor. Very tidy room with everything you need for a couple on short stay. The rooms are not too soundproof. The staff are friendly enough, hotel in a good location with buses, taxis, trains all close by. Valet parking available at $30 per night which is reasonable I guess. Ideal location for interstate guests, especially if there is a big event on like NYE or a concert to go to. We use it as one of our vacation club resorts so we have no idea on the cost. No complaints, we'll be back.

Room tip: Make sure you dont get a low floor due to the outside noise with traffic, at least 8th floor and above.
Date of stay: March 2014