“Not bad, not amazing.”

Ranked #89 of 174 Hotels in Sydney
SYDNEY
“Not bad, not amazing.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2013

This is the 2nd time I've stayed here. There are some things that I really like and other things that are a bit annoying.

When you first pull up there are only 2 car spaces and there doesn't seem to be a dedicated attendant out the front to direct you. When I caught the attention of the staff member walking back to the hotel I was directed to drive around the corner. They asked if I needed a trolley for my luggage and when I said yes they went to retreive one, then came back without it. I think they only have 1 for the whole hotel.

Check in was fine but I was offered no assistance in getting my bags up to my room so that was a bit of a struggle. The room was nice. 2 mini balconies, plenty of room. The TV in the bedroom didn't work. This is the 2nd time I've stayed at this hotel and both times the bedroom TV didn't work. The water pressure in the shower is horrendous. It's like being dribbled on. I respect the need to conserve water but it doesn't really achieve this when you need to spend so much longer in there to wash all the soap and shampoo off.

The wifi was so bad. I couldn't pick up the signal for my provider within the room (had no problem just outside the building) so I paid for wifi, only to have it not work at all and not load a single page. Extremely frustrating.

The placement of the powerpoints in the bathroom was odd. On a wall with no shelf nearby so pretty inconvenient.

The bed was really comfy as were the pillows.

My phone charger wasn't working and I called reception as most hotels I stayed in have spares but they did not. It's obviously not something they have to do but it was still a little annoying.

Overall I would stay here again but it's just the little things and attention to detail that stops this hotel from being great.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank B___88___B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed here at least 5 times. We always enjoy the location, the pools, the beach, everything. The downside is the place is owned by a timeshare. We are lucky enough to have a good friend who invites us along each year. We drive, buy the food, enjoy the company... She gets room. Obviously we get the better deal. :-). Similar rentals in the area run $1000-$2000 US. If it wasn't for the timeshare... This would be our primary place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

Room was a 7 floor condo away from home. Close to rail, bus and all transportation. 30 minute walk to the Opera House. Centrally located in downtown Sydney. Kitchen was clean and well supplied. Would love to stay again.

Room Tip: Choose 7th floor or above.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
WyndhamManagement, Duty Manager at Wyndham Sydney Suites, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Wyndham Sydney. I’m glad that you had an enjoyable stay.

It's fantastic to hear you call Wyndham your home away from home as it is exactly what we strive to achieve for our Members and Guest . As you discovered, the other attractions of the City are easily accessible.

We are also happy to hear the hotel’s facilities and the service lived up to your expectations.

Thank you once again and I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Spacious, modern, comfort, 1min from Metro...What's not to love? (Stayed in August 2012)

Oh avoid the restaurateur downstairs. Great food but hiddeous attitude, when asked for a receipt. Separate owner from the Hotel with share access to service hotel guests.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank 2scorpios
Thank you for taking the time for sharing your experience at Wyndham Sydney.

I’m glad that you had an enjoyable stay. As you discovered, the other attractions of the City are easily accessible. We are also happy to hear the hotel’s room facilities and the service lived up to your expectations.

Duty Manger
Sydney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Purchased a voucher for a cheap stay in the city, on the proviso that we attend a Wyndham presentation for 'approximately 90mins'. I guess you get what you pay for.

Pros:
* Separate lounge/dining area and a desk in the bedroom area
* Small balcony
* Well stocked kitchenette
* Safe in the room
* Bed is fantastic
* Service from most of the staff was good. This varied from really good to just downright rude, like the chef from the cafe downstairs charging into the lift without waiting for people to get out.

Cons:
* We were allocated a room on the 1st floor right at the corner of Goulburn & Wentworth Ave so it was noisy
* Curtains were not wide enough to keep the sunshine out in the mornings
* Money was spent on good beds but pillows were terrible and did not provide proper support
* Vent in the bathroom didn't seem to work
* Our room wasn't serviced during our entire stay (4 nights)
* Walls are paper thin and at about 7:15am on a Sunday morning we were woken by our neighbours doing the deed
* Location is terrible. We spent most of the weekend walking to and from the other side of the city
* At the Wyndham presentation, they had 3 different people try to sell us timeshare. When you say no, they get really disappointed and treat you like second class citizens. The 90min presentation turned into 2 hours of our lives we will never get back. Here's a tip Wyndham: If you want to convince prospective customers to purchase timeshare, maybe you should give them a nice room instead of pissing them off by giving them the worst room in your hotel.

Will not be coming back and will tell everyone to stay away from Wyndham/Worldmark. If you're travelling to Sydney, look for a hotel near QVB or up towards Circular Quay/The Rocks. It's the nicer part of town.

6 Thank kaz188
Greetings from Wyndham Sydney!

We would like to thank you for taking time giving us review of our services. We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectation and not a satisfied one. Please accept our sincere apologies for the lapse in service.

We value your feedback as we continuously improve our services for all our guests in the future.

Thank you once again.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

I recently stayed with my husband and 2 kids. The rooms are just so clean, modern and updated. Maintenance were sent to our room by housekeeping to replace a cushion cover. He inspected those on the couch and bed and could not see which needed replacing so he called down to housekeeping who explained which cushion it was. The mark was so minor I wouldn't have even noticed and I am very fussy! Staff very helpful. Location is fine, easy to get to other parts of the city by foot or bus. Highly recommend it.

2 Thank KateS2377
Greetings from Wyndham Sydney!

On behalf of the whole team, we would like to thank you for giving us a very good review of our services and commendation of our housekeeping team for their attention to detail.

Newcastle, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Clean and good sized rooms. Almost too friendly! Great service. They even let us use the gym shower after checkout before our long trip home. That was greatly appreciated. Will stay for longer next time

2 Thank 232TimA
Thank you very much for sharing your recent experience at Wyndham Sydney.

I wish to thank you for your generous commendation on the service our hotel colleagues provide.

Your feedback is encouraging as we strive to provide our guests a memorable guest experience. .

On behalf of the rest of my team, Thank you once again and I hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future