3,695 results
All reviewsbotanical gardensopera housecircular quayjuliet balconymacquarie streetgreat locationhigh teamarble bathroomcharming hotelsmall balconyrooms are largeconcierge stafflovely roomfew minutes walktrain stationan easy walkbuffet breakfast
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Last stayed here in 2009, loved the place then and still do. Last time we stayed on the 3rd floor this time I booked a terrace room (there are only 3) beautiful, comfortable room, loved having the terrace to walk around on. Unfortunately our air con played up that night. The night concierge was brilliant, after some attempt to fix the a/c, we were upgraded to an executive suite with its own fireplace etc. Was lovely to get an opportunity to see what the suites look like - they give a feeling of old world luxury. I like to mix it up with accom in Sydney but I will always return to the Sirstam.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
SSCQManager, General Manager at Sir Stamford at Circular Quay Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Dear Valued Guest

The Large Terrace Rooms (there's only a few) are perfect for the sun lovers and yes they are a favourite of many return guests. Most do face Circular Quay side of the hotel and look down on the ferry terminal, the bridge and the Rocks.

I am very happy to hear that while there was a glitch in your air conditioning controls, that occupancy levels meant that we were able to room move you and in this case upgrade you to one of our 15 suites. Some days of the week we offer arrival guests the ability to "upgrade" for less than the usual retail price - again depending on availability. It's quite good to see the difference another $50 or $100 can make especially if you are planning on staying a few days.

The Presidential Suite - complete with its' own Steinway Baby Grand and Bvlgari Bathroom Amenities (153 square metres of vintage Sir Stamford) is also an upgrade opportunity. I am available to show guests this suite if they are interested in both the hotel history and a chance to see where many celebrities have slept.

We do have a small team in engineering who work 7 days and are on hand to mend, repair and address maintenance issues not detected in our preventative programme which covers all 105 rooms on a 3 month cycle, so we are generally able to address any deficiencies instantly.

Once again thank you for your 5 star review comments - we do appreciate this feedback on such a global platform.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 13, 2012

I treated myself and a friend to two nights at the Sir Stamford at Circular Quay - mainly because I wanted the location convenient to the Rocks, the Quay and the Botanic Garden...and because I wanted to pamper myself. The conceirge at the hotel was very helpful, making dinner reservations for me while I was out and about enjoying the sights. The room was large and spacious. The marble bathroom, while awesome in appearance, was most inconvenient - no place to hang a towel near the shower and the automatic time light kept turning off while I was in the loo. I had a room facing the back of the hotel, with a french doors opening on to a quite view. I did not take advantage of the famous High Tea or the breakfast, because we were out each morning sampling local cafe breakfast cuisine in the Rocks. One tip, beware of bumps when booking on the hotel's web site. They say this will match other trip search sites prices, and they do, but you have to call them in advance to get the lower price. Even tho I booked direct by calling the hotel, I was redirected to the Sir Stamford chain web site, and then told I couldn't get the BookDirect free internet because I had called rather than booking online! I did lodge a complaint and a manager of the hotel called me back, in advance of my visit with appologies and arrangement for free internet. Also, you will need your room key to take the elevator down, as well as up, so don't leave your room without it, even to get ice.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank ScoutMidwest
SSCQManager, General Manager at Sir Stamford at Circular Quay Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

Dear Lovely Guests

Lovely review which we sincerely appreciate. We love our concierge team - they are very conscious of being one of the critical touch points for our guests - getting the directions/instructions and assistant right for each guest and their personal preferences. However all our management team spend time in the lobby every day, to provide backup, training and just to learn more about our guests bu interacting and assisting them - from our Conference Manager to our Human Resource Manager.

Double Basins and lots of marbles are a feature of all our bathrooms but we hear you on the hook suggestion and will definitely review and make some improvements. Little things can make all the difference.

Marty our Front Office Manager was onto your website issues and as is usually the case - it often takes a guest to alert us to sticky issues and we hope that his responsiveness will reassure you and other future travellers that we do care and we do want to ensure our promise to have the best rates on our own website is one of integrity.

Kind regards and thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a comprehensive review.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

We stayed at the Sir Stamford right at Circular Quay for a week during the September school holidays. A boutique hotel with real old world charm, friendly and helpful staff and a large room. A fab position only a minutes walk from the ferries at Circular Quay. Great pool that overlooks the Quay. Probably my favourite Sydney hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DeanLGreen

Dear Valued Guests

Location is everything - it can prevent stress, save transport costs, be safer ... the list goes on - generally once you have selected your price range then location is such a key factor. Despite all the wonders of global roaming devices - most visitors to major cities want not only the convenience of a central location but a hotel that is easy to locate.

Sir Stamford at Circular Quay is blessed with a lovely corner site and a very identifiable historic building and our stylish red neon roof top light shines out across the city, even though we are dwarfed by the modern high rise hotels around us -This year when I was lucky enough to experience the magnificent inaugural Handa Sydney Harbour Opera in the Royal Botanic Gardens that are opposite our hotel - I could just see our hotel sign across the tree tops. Our sign is also visible from the opposite side - the Rocks area - for example sitting on the cafe deck of the Museum of Contemporary Art - Sir Stamford sign is proudly visible.

So thank you for identifying this plus of course our wonderful people, who make our bricks and mortar come to life - they are our true asset.

Kind regards

Reviewed October 12, 2012

We stayed at the Sir Stamford for 1 night on a Saturday night to see a 10am show at the Opera House the next day.

The hotel is a bit of boutique style. Every single hotel staff we came across was warm and friendly and somehow I felt that they actually meant it. The hotel room was beautifully furbished and well maintained. The hotel common area was cosy and comfortable, There is a small but very well heated pool with a nice terrace area. The hotel room was quiet even there were of buses passing by.

The location is great for access to Rocks market and Opera House.

Lovely hotel, will stay again .....

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank wmrl
SSCQManager, General Manager at Sir Stamford at Circular Quay Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Valued Guests

Thank you for choosing Sir Stamford at Circular Quay for your early morning Opera House Show - it's such an easy 5 minute walk down beautiful tree lined Macquarie Street to the front doors. Sydney Opera House has over 8 million visitors and there are over two thousand shows a year in their 7 major venues, so it's no wonder we have an accommodation package that includes a tour of the Opera House - it's available on our website - the link is on this page.

Our diverse team comes from over 30 nations, and represents the melting pot that is Sydney and we are always pleased to hear that this "genuine friendliness" does come through to guests.

Thank you again for your review and description.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed for 3 nights in September. Would recommend it to anyone - beautiful rooms and hands-on manager was very helpful with information and directions. If we are ever back in Sydney would not hesitate to stay there again. We arrived early in the morning from our very long flight and obviously we did not expect our room to be ready at that early hour. However we were able to use the facilites in the leisure centre which was very welcome.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jasnick
SSCQManager, General Manager at Sir Stamford at Circular Quay Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Dear Valued Guests

Thank you for your 5 star rating, we do appreciate having guests provide feedback as this does provide genuine tips for future travellers. We agree our location is superb - 93 Macquarie Street - a short walk to the Opera House, Circular Quay ferries all lined up around the corner, the gardens opposite - it's a smorgasbord of choice for walkers. Many guests discover the delights of Woolloomooloo - a little inner city suburb that is only 15 minutes walk across the gardens - where you can join Sydney siders enjoy cocktails as the sun sets on a summers afternoon. Woolloomooloo is also the home of Sydney's famous Pie Cart "Harry's" - a simple Aussie Pie can be tasted with the locals.

We do like sharing the best of our city with our guests and we also enjoy getting their recommendations and opinions on experiences - so that all of remain up to date.

Kind regards and return again soon,