“Faultless Service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Christchurch
“Faultless Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

The service at this hotel was impeccable - I have worked and stayed in hotels for 10+ years and would rate this recent stay as one of the best service levels I've encountered. Every staff member in every area was always happy, helpful and accommodating offering those small details ie putting medication in the fridge when they took our bags up so we could go straight out. Unlike my normal stays this was a personal trip travelling with a toddler and even in the executive areas we felt at ease and welcomed. As always the product is great - great room (kid friendly easily accommodating a portacot, lounge seating and a bath), great food, great location. We also used the pool. This hotel is worth the extra money - highly recommend.

Room Tip: The corridors on the room levels are very long, if you don't want to walk far once you land on y...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bernhard L, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear up&away,
I’m so honored to read your review and note that our associates ensured your expectations were exceeded. Thank you for your 5 Star Rating and for your very kind words.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,000)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Perth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

I stayed at the Sheraton on the Park in Sydney for one night whilst in Sydney on Business and whilst I am normally a Sofitel man they have definitely made me reconsider my loyalty to Sofitel (although I'm a sucker for a doorman that greets me in French!). I had a rather large amount of work to do and was using the Microsoft Business lounge they have until around 3am at which time I needed some documents photocopied then scanned and email to me, even at 3am the gentleman at the front desk without hesitation said "absolutely sir" confirmed the chicken scrawl that was the email address I had written and before he even came back to the desk my iPhone buzzed and I had my documents.

After sleeping in and assuming a check out time afforded me at the Sofitel due to my Accor status (I woke up at noon and called reception straight away seeing as checkout was 11am) I was told not to worry not to hurry and that 1pm would be fine at no additional charge.

Beautiful rooms, amazing staff and an all round pleasure. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear brice031,
Thank you for your wonderful review, I’m delighted to read our Front Desk Associate ensured you received the 5 Star service we always strive to achieve and you were not rushed to depart the hotel, but to take your time and enjoy all we have to offer here at the Sheraton on the Park.
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2013

Staying at the Sheraton on Hyde Park tonight. Check in went ok. We decided to have dinner downstairs at the restaurant. We arrived early at around 6pm to be greeted by the host, he asked if we were staying at the hotel, which we replied yes with our room number, and he replied abruptly “We are fully booked” There was a couple of large functions happening and I asked if they were all staying at the hotel he replied yes there are all staying in the hotel, As there was still many tables still available we asked to be seated as we are staying in the hotel and would like to eat and can see there is still room available we got seated in the bar area! After we were seated I asked the people at the large table functions if they were staying in the hotel they said no we are just here for dinner. There were two people sitting behind us that also had just walked in off the street for dinner with no problem. After dinner I went to the front desk to talk to the manager about the amount of people that weren’t staying at the hotel eating at the restaurant and the attitude that we received when trying to get into the restaurant to have dinner. Catherine the duty manager had no regard for what I was saying and was completely dismissive, condescending and just plain rude, she just keep repeating the restaurant has been fully booked by guests staying “inside” and “outside” the hotel for the last week and did not care about the service we had received or the fact that guests in the hotel are having to leave the hotel to get food as they were booking the restaurant out to the public. While I was in the lobby I heard two groups of understandably upset guests discussing were they were going to eat as they had been REJECTED from the restaurant. If you are going to allow the public to eat at the restaurant it should not be at the expense of paying guests staying at the Sheraton On the Park. Very disappointing service especially from Catherine the duty manager at the time.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Bernhard L, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Dear Maxjames,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointing feedback you have provided. We have indeed been extremely busy over the Festive Season with our Restaurant being fully booked by both In House and External guests however, I apologize for the way in which your concern was handled and will be sure to address your feedback immediately.
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Checked in on 26th November for 2 nights and had another superb stay. Simone was very nice and welcomed me back. No SPG Gold upgrade to Park view room as hotel was full but that's completely understandable. Concierge was very helpful in letting me charge my phone as I only had my USB charger with me. I noticed new keycard sensors - nice! Bed was wonderful as usual, love the spectacular floral arrangement by the lifts. Music in the lobby was great as usual, when I come back to the Sheraton it just feels like home! Thank you for another wonderful stay.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear bmiflyer23,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a fantastic review, I am pleased you feel our hotel “feels like home:” and will be sure to pass on your feedback to all our Team for ensuring your stays are always comfortable and enjoyable.
Warm regards,
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

We went to Feast Restaurant last night and had a great experience, the food was beautiful, especially the fresh seafood. We had Linda looking after our table, she was great, very friendly, attentive and accommodating. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Dear MazSydney2013,
Sounds like you had a wonderful time dining in our restaurant and we look forward to your return in the near future.
Canterbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Sydney is very costly compared to England, but the Sheraton on the park is the dearest food I have ever had in a hotel. It cost $42 for a normal breakfast and $70 for a average buffet. The best price was for a 1Ltr of water in the room $9 !!!!

Room Tip: Don't use the restaurant
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Alan R,
Thank you for your review, we continuously benchmark ourselves in line with all other Sydney CBD 5 Star Hotels, as we endeavour to ensure we not only match but exceed the offerings of our competitors. With this in mind, I have taken your constructive feedback on board. And hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back.
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

I returned on vacation this trip and only for a little business. We had several rooms reserved and they had them all in good locations and close to each other as requested. 1 Room was ready so we could all utilize the safe deposit box upon arrival. For this we were very thankful and they said they knew we were coming. Great customer service for a 400+ room hotel.

Rooms are beautiful, black bathrooms and comfy beds with beautiful views over the park IF you are willing to pay for it. For us, very worth it. Rooms are showing some wear however are kept in top shape and very clean. All requests for extra shampoo and towels were noted and carried out throughout our stay. Very happy with this.

Location remains fabulous right across from Hyde Park. We enjoyed the cafe in the park right across the street for lunch or a cappuccino stop. We walked through the botanical gardens to the opera house and enjoyed the views. Did I mention the hotel is one block away from the CBD shopping district with shopping malls and cafes and high end food courts within two blocks! Also Queen Victoria Shopping center from the 1800's in original form is only 5 blocks away. Excellent location.

We booked club level rooms and are always impressed with the quality of the service and food on offer. Great Merlot in the evenings for 2.5 hours with hot buffet and smoked salmon or oysters.....very very spoiling!!!! And then we went out for dinner! Another loop on the belt ;)

I have now stayed here several times and find this place to be my ultimate go-to in Sydney. I have tried them all and this one continues to impress me. That said, everyone else knows this so book early if you are considering because the hotel was full almost every night of our 1 week stay.

Safe travels to al! NYC

Room Tip: Park view all the way...the sunlight and green makes for a happy stay!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank NYCshopper
Dear NYCshopper,
We appreciate your loyalty and patronage to Sheraton on the Park and for the time you have taken to provide your thorough review. I note you are an extensive traveler and greatly value your feedback. It is such an honor to read your comments and look forward to being of continued service to you in the near future.