“Absolutely wonderful”

Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
Ranked #33 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Upon arrival and running late for a show I was pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to the Royal suite which was absolutely stunning. The canapés and drinks on level 21 were exceptional and there was really no need to leave the gorgeous establishment . Although we did have to and the valet ordered a taxi for us and it was ready when we arrived in the lobby? I would recommend the Sheraton to anyone without hesitation.

Room Tip: You just can not go past the Royal Suite. Or an executive suite is lovely too.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Bernhard L, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Shelly717,
Our Royal Suite is definitely one of our most special Suites in the hotel and I’m delighted to note you had the opportunity to experience the luxury we offer. We look forward to being of continued service to you in the future!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We have stayed here several times on the Club Floor.
Really good value as Breakfast and Canapes are included along with Happy Hour drinks.
Staff are friendly.
High tea is wonderful.
A great location as well.

Room Tip: Executive Club rooms are the best
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Rosebuds63,
I appreciate your loyalty and wonderful feedback (and the great photos). We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

It is Sheraton not W Hotel. But, the room is so spacious and well decorated with a huge bathroom and walk-in closet. It is not far away from the subway station. There is high end shopping mall right across the street. The swimming pool looks so nice. Too bad, I did not get a chance to enjoy it. Fantastic stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Bernhard L, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Dear Jessica1and2,
Im delighted to note you had a fantastic stay on your trip to Sydney. Our rooms are indeed the largest you will find in Sydney and the location is just perfect for all types of guests. I’m pleased you enjoyed your stay and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Nice big rooms with good sound proofing in an excellent location overlooking the park and a block from the city center. The staff were helpful and friendly and the buffet breakfast is as good as I have had anywhere.

Dear Geoff B,
I greatly appreciate your 5 star rating and wonderful feedback regarding your stay at the Sheraton on the Park.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have stayed at this property several times before and they keep delivering a smooth service. Great location of course. Rooms are decent but nothing to wow about. It gets very busy at the weekends with several functions. I do wish they would recognize a returning guest after 10 stays or more though... seems like their systems are simply not geared up for that or they don't care.

Room Tip: Choose a park facing room
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Bernhard L, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

Dear 100daysperyear,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review and for returning to the Sheraton on the Park. We endeavor to recognize all our return guests at all times and am pleased to advise that our hotel has been experiencing very high occupancy. Our apologize for the disappointment caused.
Warm regards,

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

If I leave a hotel and I have the urge to stay there again I know they have done a good job. Unfortunately, this wasn't the case this time.

I left with a feeling of disappointment. I feel the overall experience was let down majorly by the service. I didn't feel the staff went out of their way to make my stay special in any way. I asked for a number of things, eg extra pillows, ice, but each time I had to ask at least twice. I received better service at the 3 and 4 star motels I stayed at the week prior.

The executive club was nice but not worth paying extra. Went to use the computers at Link but nobody to assist with providing access. Check in was fast but just very basic, pretty much here's your room key, bye.

I stayed for 5 nights in the executive suite which was very nice but main tv not working, wasn't fixed until next day. I requested a room change but offered a lower floor. I declined. Would of been nice to have something small offered for the inconvenience, eg fruit platter or bottle of wine. Most luxury hotels I've stayed at prior always offer something like that if any problems arise.

Really felt disappointed and would look elsewhere on my future stays in Sydney.

• Stayed: July 2013

Dear tm1983,
I was most concerned to note your feedback and would like to apologise for the several shortfalls you have encountered. Our Sheraton Club Lounge is recognised as Sydney’s Premier Executive Lounge with absolutely amazing views of Sydney with great offerings for our guests, however our apologies we did not meet your expectations. In regards to accessing the computers at Link, please see our Front Office Associates which are able to assist you with passwords you require to log in with. Additionally, I’m pleased we had offered you an alternate room due to your television not functioning though this was declined. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed at the Sheraton on the Park last night (30/8/13) as Bev was attending a work function. Check-in was as easy as always and the staff helpful and friendly. The hotel was very busy as there was a large function group staying over the weekend. This would explain why our room was not as good as usual (room 736) don’t get me wrong, the quality and fittings were top notch, but the room was much smaller than we usually have, with a smaller bathroom. The one criticism would be the bed - the mattress had a noticeable dip on both sides, making for a not to comfortable night’s sleep. Its defineately due for replacement.

We stayed on the 'Stay, Park and Play' package which included parking and breakfast, a great deal indeed.

Overall, very good. The only reason I didn’t give it 5 dots was the bed.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Sydney2for2,
Thank you for your feedback which I have addressed immediately with our Executive Housekeeper. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention and hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back on our “Stay, Park and Play” package!