“Great hotel, restful stay” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton on the Park, Sydney

Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
Ranked #31 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
New Brunswick, New Jersey
“Great hotel, restful stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel is located in the inner city of Sydney, opposite Central Park. It is a charming hotel, with gracious and attentive personnel who made me feel welcome. Check in was efficient. My room was located on the 12th floor, and was presented as a "city view" room. It was a spacious room, with windows on two sides, a great working desk, tasteful decor, a small sofa and spacious bathroom. It was a great room. "City view" is quite misleading - peering into open offices a few meters away was not quite the city view that I anticipated. If you want the city view, do check out the room before hand. The hotel has both an Elizabeth Street and Castlereagh Street entrance, which made quick access to Pitt Street shopping mall and all the buzz of the inner city. The bed is extremely comfortable. My room cost included Internet and breakfast as well. Breakfast was excellent. An abundant supply of fresh and hot foods, pastries and fresh fruits. I brought a guest to breakfast. $42 for a breakfast is pretty steep, however. It wasn't as if you were getting individually prepared food from a menu - it was from the buffet selection, so that is my only criticism of the hotel.

Room Tip: Go check it out!!
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear WorldTraveller08901,
I appreciate the time you have taken to review your recent stay at the Sheraton on the Park, especially as you are a Top Contributor to Tripadvisor. Our location, centred right in the middle of Sydney CBD, is ideal for travellers wanting to explore all that Sydney has to offer. Additionally, please note for future stays our guest rooms are categorised as “City Side” and not “City View” however our apologies for your disappointment and we hope to welcome you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton on the Park in the near future.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,001)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel is ideally situated, opposite Hyde Park and next to the shopping area in central Sydney. The room was a good size. They kindly accommodated us with an early check in and a late check out. Staff were very courteous and provided excellent service. Fantastic Breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear welcometotheshow,
Sounds like you had a wonderful stay with us, thank you for your 5 star rating!
Snowmass Village, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

I booked this property the day before my arrival due to a "not so pleasant" stay at another Syndey property. The staff at the Sheraton was fantastic from the moment I arrived. I checked in very early and was accommodated in a beautiful, spacious room with an incredible bathroom! After my previous hotel the night before, I felt like I died and went to heaven. The buffet breakfast was incredible...get it in a package if you can. The staff was fantastic and the location perfect.

Room Tip: I did not get the park view, and wish that I had. It's so beautiful.
Dear Woodrun,
I’m so pleased to note we managed to make your stay in Sydney a delight. Our package deals are definitely popular as is our full buffet breakfast in Feast!
Austin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

The Sheraton on the Park in Sydney is a nice, though expensive hotel. The entrance is classic with a large sweeping staircase. My check-in was quick and efficient and more formal than friendly. My room was large, well appointed with a good working area, big closet, and sitting area. I had a large flat screen TV (a little cumbersome to operate) with a good, though not great, array of channels, three telephones, and big, comfortable bed with good thread-count sheets and lots of pillows. The bathroom sported both a tub and good size shower, all in marble and tile, with the standard Sheraton 4-bottle amenities, and a good collection of towels. Because I am an SPG member, I received a welcome plate of fruit (no matter how long you stay it will never be replenished), so make sure you join before you book. My view was of the tops of the adjacent buildings.

There are several downsides. The in-room coffee service had terrible powdered coffee (good thing I brought my own Starbucks), housekeeping was a little off, I could hear my neighbors a little more than I would have liked, and the internet was very expensive. The restaurant wants you to choose the buffet, but at $100 (with wine) for dinner, it is good but, as is everything in Australia, very expensive. Most annoying, when I checked out, I found over $150 in charges on my bill that should not have been there, so make sure you check.

The hotel is well located, and if you are a walker, you will find it very convenient to Sydney harbor (20 minutes), Darling Harbor (15 minutes), QVB (5 minutes), and surrounded by all of the recognizable up-scale shops. It is directly across from the St. James subway station (take the Elizabeth St. exit) and the train is less than 30 minutes, $16.70, from the airport station. Sydney is a wonderful city and you will like your stay

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FlyguyAustin
Dear Flyguy Austin,
I appreciate you taking the time to thoroughly review your stay at the Sheraton on the Park. As an extensive traveller I note your ability to notice all the finer details and appreciate your feedback. My apologies for the several shortfalls you have outlined and rest assured I will be sure to forward your comments to our Management Team for review and improvement.
Adelaide, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2013

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
I adore Sheraton on the Park. I have stayed before and it is consistently excellent in every way. A very friendly efficient check in was followed by an easy trip to our room and then drinks and canapes in the lounge. Our room was spacious with some character features and a comfortable sofa and desk. I particularly adored the framed wall print next to my bed in room 1416 featuring Mulberry congo leather, a Louis Vuitton notebook, a Fendi bag, a Hermes bag and Burberry wallpaper - so clever. I wish I could buy it so if management is reading this let me know where I can purchase that little framed print. The king bed is superbly comfortable and the two pillows per person are very good (a hard foam and a soft goose down pillow). The black marble bathroom is spacious and I cannot fault it. The toiletries are good quality. We particularly appreciated the use of the SPG lounge and thought it wonderful with excellent service and ambience. Internet is free in the lounge and available at a cost in the room and although at a price of $20 per 24 hours, is fast and efficient in the room. The hotel is located so conveniently to shops such as David Jones and Hermes and is opposite Hyde Park. We had lovely views of the park from our room.
Improvements would be more space to open the new suitcases that open right out and are double sided as there is only one space for a suitcase in the room and it was too small for us to use the space efficiently.
I would definitely stay again and I can't wait until I stay again as I highly recommend this Sheraton accommodation.

Room Tip: a view of the park is nice
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear tripping-traveller,
I’m so delighted to read your wonderful review of the Sheraton on the Park and honoured to be part of the wonderful Team we have here. Thank you for your detailed review and loyalty to our hotel and your kind words.
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2013

with apologies to the bard. Maybe I get up too early and look for my coffee hit but staying on the club floor I expected to get that hit at the club maybe from 630?? Not open until 7 !! no nearby early morning coffee vendors, eventually settled on the 1st floor bar - great coffee but pricey.
This hotel has wonderful expansive rooms with a genuine blackout blind making a sleep in possible. The club has a wonderful view and is well appointed but was very busy during my stay with three business colleagues; we had trouble being able to sit together.
Having said that service at the club was very, very good
Not cheap but good

Room Tip: I have stayed here several times and never had a bad room from a nosie or any other perspective
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Nick G,
Thank you for your return stay at the Sheraton on the Park and for your valuable feedback, which we have taken on board.
Wynyard
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

I stayed at 3 other Sydney hotels on this same trip and it was amazing just how much better the Sheraton was than the others!

The rooms are really nice - good size and pleasant decor, but I think it was the very effective but unobtrusive air conditioning that maybe made the biggest difference.

I first stayed here 18 years ago but for someone reason have used other Sydney 5 stars on recent trips. Have to conclude now that this is overall my favourite of the 5 I've trid in the last 9 months.

Perfect service, great location, nice bar and restaurant.

Good gym and opening hours!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JohnDougall
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear JohnDougall,
Thank you for your wonderful review and kind words regarding your recent stay with us. I am honoured to receive such great feedback and hope to be of continued service to you in the near future.