“Best Sheraton”

Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
Ranked #29 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed March 14, 2013

This hotel is by far the nicest Sheraton I have ever stayed in! The entire hotel is beautiful and the rooms are extremely nice, comfortable and good size. The staff is also very friendly and efficient. In addition, the hotel is convenient to everything.

Room Tip: Park views are best.
1  Thank Jack F
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Dear Jack F,
I appreciate you rating us the “Best Sheraton you have ever stayed in” and lok forward to the opportunity to showcase our hotel to you once again.
Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (4,045)

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights. Had a lovely 9Floor corner DBL.
Rooms were clean, roomy, comfortable and quiet.Free Internet at business centre.
Good room coffee/tea making facilities, safe and ample space for luggage.
Two street exits -walking distance to either Westfield shopping complex or Museums,Opera House etc.Lots of eateries, coffee shops nearby.
St.James train station is just across the hotel.
Convenient drop off and pick up driveway at Hotel Foyer.
Courteous reception,restaurant and ancilliary staff.
Felt safe wandering around the area.

Room Tip: Corner room with a view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear ExcitedAustralia,
I’m so pleased to read your review and appreciate the time you have taken to post your feedback on Tripadvisor for all to view and enjoy. I look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton on the Park in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

When we first entered the hotel, we were amazed. When we got to our room, we were more amazed! Our room had a great view of Hyde Park, and it was very quiet also. The room service was very quick, and it was very tasty. The back entrance was very useful, especially since we always get lost. It is within walking distance to the Opera House.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Brian S

Dear Brian S,
It was a pleasure to have you stay at the Sheraton on the Park and I thank you for choosing to stay with us on your trip to Australia.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I have used the Hotel for about 20 years. Not much change over the years but it has been kept well, the rooms are spacious and the service is friendly. To me, it feels like home in Sydney - there are better hotels around but the total package and location are hard to beat. Recommended.

Room Tip: I always prefer the rooms with the terrace on the higher floors - facing the park. Weather permittin...

Dear Softlanding,
Thank you for taking the time to post such a fantastic review, I am pleased you feel our hotel is your “home away from home” and will be sure to pass on your feedback to all our Team for ensuring you are always well taken care of.

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I stayed here for three nights in February. I had booked through a booking website that is usually reliable, but it got lost somewhere so there wasn't a booking for me when I arrived. However, the staff at reception organised a room, at the same price and with a big smile, despite reception being really busy at the time I arrived. They made me feel that I was not at all inconveniencing them, even though I'm quite sure I was, so I can happily say that service is top notch. All other staff I encountered (reception/concierge/bar/cleaning) through my stay were similarly fantastic.

The rooms are very spacious, beds are comfortable and bathrooms have lots of space and good lighting.

Location is hard to beat- facing Hyde Park, easy access to buses, St James station across the road goes directly to the airport, great shopping starts just behind the hotel, and you can walk to Circular Quay with ease (or a couple of minutes in a taxi).

I will be staying here every time I return to Sydney.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank travellers_from_oz

Dear travellers_from_oz,
Your positive feedback regarding our Associates is great and I thank you for this as it allows me to show that their efforts are truly appreciated by our guests and myself alike. We do indeed receive a lot of great feedback regarding the size of our guest rooms and our fantastic sized bathrooms! The largest you will find in Sydney! And as for our location – it really is hard to beat!

Reviewed March 11, 2013

Just returned from a short break in Sydney and spent four days at the Sheraton. This hotel is located at the "quiet" end of the city opposite Hyde Park with lovely, serene views overlooking the park at meal times also if you are lucky enough to have a room on Elizabeth Street. The hotel itself is very well maintained. Rooms are spacious and clean, breakfast in the Conservatory on the first floor is very well catered with a range of options. We also enjoyed the Sheraton Club on the 21st floor however, breakfast here is basic. Canapes are served from 5pm and a lovely way to unwind after a day of activities. Shopping precinct is right at your doorstep. Circular Quay and The Rocks are a short walk away 10 to 15 minutes depending on your pace. A bonus staying here is that you do not have to battle city traffic if you are driving to attractions other than to the areas just mentioned.

Room Tip: If at all possible request a room overlooking Hyde Park and the majestic St Marys Cathedral.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Letitia3,
I’m pleased you had an opportunity to experience all that the Sheraton on the Park has to offer our guests and appreciate you ranking us so high! We look forward to being of continued service to you in the near future.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

We were very happy with our stay at the Sheraton on the Park. Great service, rooms, food and a killer location – right in the heart of it. We took them up on their drive and park deal which was excellent value and also included breakfast. It must be one of the better deals going around. The bed was divine and we slept like logs, included my 1-year old son who normally travels poorly. I had to wake him up for a change to watch Pepper Pig. The bathroom is enormous. The breakfast buffet is the stuff of legend and even included pancakes with whipped cream. We spent hours there. And the roof top pool and spa was just what the doctor ordered after a gruelling days shopping. The only drawback for us was the curtains in the room we stayed in (741) – there wasn’t any. Instead, it had plantation shutters which allow a lot of light in at night. It was fine for us but if you’re sensitive to light you may want to ask about something darker. All up, we had a great weekend in Sydney thanks to the Sheraton and we can’t wait to stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Dear Lunarboogie,
It was such a pleasure to read your positive review and I am delighted that you were able to enjoy your stay here on such a great package deal as the “Stay, Park & Play”. I appreciate all the positive feedback you have provided and we look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton on the Park in the not too distant future.