Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
$192
$241
$205
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$118
$203
$182
Agoda.com
4,277 results
All reviewshyde parkpark viewfeast restaurantthe club loungejames stationspg memberdavid joneswalk in wardrobeseafood buffetbeautiful hotelstar hotelhigh teaan upgradelarge bathroomcorner roompitt st mallcircular quay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 31, 2013 via mobile

We recently stayed 2 nights at the sheraton the park as part of our daughters bridal party , my husband and I were upgraded to an executive suite with harbour views. The views were astonishing looking down Sydney harbour and out through the heads , the best part was the inclusive access to the club lounge with fantastic canapes,drinks,views and excellent service . Overall the staff couldn't be more helpful with one important exception the reservation service. It was very hard to book in , with numerous phone calls and emails , conversations in broken English , misunderstandings as to whether we had paid , receipts , etc, eventually Brian the manager sorted it all out and we were thrilled with our upgrade , if they can get the reception and booking area fixed it would be the perfect 10

• Stayed: January 2013
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Chris B,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. It is disappointing to note the difficulty you experienced throughout the reservation process, I appreciate your feedback as this will be addressed immediately. I assure you that it is our committment to meet every possible expectation of our guests however I am pleased this special occasion was a memorable one for all the right reasons!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton on the Park while in Sydney on business travel. The rooms are very large with nice amenities for business travel (plenty of outlets near the bed and desk), and provided a quiet and dark night of sleep for battling my jet lag. The location is great- very centrally located, close to trains, shopping and walking distance to the gorgeous botanical garden and Opera House.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear mcgoldrd,
Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay at the Sheraton on the Park. I am pleased we were able to meet all your expectations and make your stay that little bit more comfortable from such a long flight to Australia! We look forward to your return in the near future.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Recently stayed here for 4 nights in Sydney. The location across the street from Hyde Park is convenient for sightseeing and getting around town. The rooms are clean, stylish, and quite spacious, and the staff is very professional and courteous. The breakfast buffet is awesome. Would definitely stay here again if I were lucky enough to return to Sydney!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Gluckita,
Thank you for your kind words and recommendation of our hotel. I am pleased to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Sydney and the Sheraton on the Park in the near future.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Having stayed here a number of times in the past few years, I can safely say that the service is consistently brilliant. Rooms are big & spacious as are the bathrooms. Food is delicious & better then most hotel food. Well situated on Hyde Park & definitely stylish.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Dear Michael B,
I appreciate your loyalty, patronage and review of our hotel and thank you for your kind words. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed January 29, 2013

Generally, I was quite happy with this Sheraton. The location is good – fronting Hyde Park – and the staff very professional and attentive. Check-in, check-out are smooth and the rooms are well appointed.

My single complaint is with the hotel car service offered by the hotel concierge. I was heading to a restaurant in Glebe – only a few kilometres away – and as I did not want to take a taxi of the street or the hotel taxi rank, I asked the Concierge if he could call one of the “limousine” drivers that frequent the City and the hotels. Visitors need to understand that these cars are not unlicensed mini-cabs or private cars. They are all plated in New South Wales with “HC-xyz” number/registration plates. As is the case in Melbourne or other Australian cities, they charge somewhat more than a regular taxi.

Well, I told the Concierge I need to leave soon and had two guests with me. He called a driver and quoted… wait for it A$125 for the trip!! Now to put that into perspective, after telling the Concierge that the quote was unbelievable outrageous, I took a regular taxi and paid A$15.00. For the return journey, I called a limousine driver directly and he charged me A$40.00 (which is what I would have expected).

Pity the poor tourist or business visitor who might think that the $125 fee is standard in Sydney. Pity the city’s poor tourism industry when visitors think the city is outrageously expensive.

Of course the hotel may respond with something like…. “We only offer a premium service to our guests” Well, they are all HC-plated cars and they are generally all the same. No one is going to turn up in a Rolls Royce or a Maybach!

Room Tip: Face the Park
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank afxdes

Dear afxdes,
Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience and disappointment caused in regards to our Hire Care Service. Due to this service being offered by a third party we are unable to negotiate on the rate however always offer our guests several options for them to choose from. Our apologies this option was not suitable for you. We thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton on the Park and hope to be of service to you in the near future.