“perfect central location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Hinckley, United Kingdom
“perfect central location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Just spent 3 wonderfull nights in Sydney. Decided to spoil ourselves at this wonderful hotel. The room was huge with a separate bathroom that had a walk in shower that could accomodate 5 with comfort. Although it was expensive it was worth ever penny. The food was perfect and the service from all departments is exceptional.
The hotel overlooks Hyde Park and is in walking distance of all the major sights including the bridge, the opera house and darling harbour from where you can take a ferry over to Mannly which is well worth the time. All in all a great place to stay if you are ever in Sydney.

Room Tip: To really push the boat out choose a suit, this will give you great views over the park and the harh...
    • 5 of 5 stars
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear ronwalker01,
Thank you for your wonderful review of your recent stay at the Sheraton on the Park. I appreciate your kind words and am pleased you had a most enjoyable stay with us, having the opportunity to discover all the Sydney has to offer.
We look forward to your return in the near future.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (873)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

We are a professional gay couple and stayed in this hotel to entertain guests at the Ivy in Sydney. We stayed for a week in Room 1531, having paid $69 per night to upgrade to a room at the front with a view of Hyde Park.

The bed was super-comfortable and I slept exceptionally well – always a useful litmus test for a good hotel.

However, my stay was over-shadowed by the way the staff handled an incident where I became locked out of my room. First the staff clerk (Christian) offered to escort me to my room and question me about the contents to verify who I am. When I pointed out how pathetic this was in a contemporary city hotel, he brought Mr Stanton out (a FOH manager). Mr Stanton refused to let me in my hotel room unless I gave my partner’s phone number to him. After much visible arguing at the front desk, which other guests watched with interest, I did so. Mr Stanton made a call to my partner (and disturbed him at a client function), using a number I had given to him, and then let me in my room.

This was a stupid solution – if I had been a fraudster I could have easily gained access to the room by giving him the number of a fellow fraudster holding our personal details.

Mr Stanton had an attitude problem in my view, which is inappropriate in the catering/hotel profession. When I pointed out to him that as a lawyer I know all about client relations, Mr Stanton laughed out loud to show his disregard for my profession. He appeared to find my complaint to be an amusing contest of wills.

I would probably stay here again but I would never trust anyone other than the hotel General Manager to deal with any incidents. I would not bother to pay extra for a Park View either. As an aside, the hotel pool area is small and crowded, and needs modernisation.

Room Tip: Park view rooms are $69 per night extra - I took one and regretted it - don't bother as you can...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Dear HotelLaddie,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. At Sheraton on the Park we have several processes in place to ensure the safety and security of our guests at all times as this is our top priority and of paramount importance to us. Whilst I recognize the reservation did not include your name, for future stays I would recommend advising our Front Office Associate to update the reservation with your details to avoid any future reoccurrences. Please accept my sincere apologies for the disappointment this has caused as a result and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Sheraton on the Park in the near future.
Warm regards
New Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is centrally located hotel - 15 minute walk to Rocks , 10 min walk to Darling Harbour & 15 min walk to Central Station. Monorail station, Railway station , Hop on hop off bus stop all are in 2 minutes walking distance. This hotel is facing Hyde Park - nice morning walk. Suit was huge with Living room & bed room with large bathroom. Club Lounge had nice views & had ample varietes of food during breakast & also in evening. Service standard was professional & prompt. Special mention of Mr Jesse at Conceirge Who was very helpful.Overall a pleasant experience .
We had amazing time in Darling harbour - on weekend there is Firework around 9 pm.

Room Tip: Look for room on high floor with Hyde Park views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear RANJU30,
Sounds like you had a fantastic stay in Sydney and I’m pleased you enjoyed your time at the Sheraton on the Park. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back when your travels bring you back to Sydney!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013 via mobile

We had 3 nights in Sydney, and couldn't have been happier with our room at the Sheraton. First off, location is tremendous. We took the air tram in from the airport, exited the St James station, and viola, across the street just a short walk was the hotel. It's central to everything, and was very easy for us to walk to Opera House, Botanical Gardens, Ferry terminals, the Rocks etc.. The bus picks up right in front to go to Bondi too. Room was HUGE by my NYC standards with all the little comforts expected. Bed was cozy comfortable, I wanted to take it home. Bathroom beautiful and clean. Upstairs gym, pool and spa were much bigger than i expected. In room Wifi available if needed, but the lobby Wifi is good enough, just ask concierge for passcode. We didn't eat any meals in the hotel, but when they advise to go to the Westfield shopping mall food court, I really suggest you take a look. That food court is amazing, with plenty gourmet options as well as your typical McDonalds and Subway. For the price we paid, we both felt this Sheraton exceeded expectations.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Michelle B
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear Michelle B,
Thank you for your fantastic review of Sheraton on the Park, I’m so pleased you enjoyed all that Sydney and our hotel has to offer and that we not only met, but exceeded your expectations!
We look forward to your return trip to Sydney.
Gosford, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

My two little girls and I stayed here the other night. The staff were very helpful, friendly, professional and nothing was a problem. We had booked for city view room but we were given one at the front with views of the park. We were able to check-in early and able to leave our car late the next day. Room was huge for a Sydney hotel with a comfy bed and luxurious bathroom. Movies at $35 a day were a bit pricey but I'd brought movies on the laptop for the girls anyway. The pool had a fantastic view (on the 22nd floor) and the staff at the spa front desk were friendly and helpful too. The buffet breakfast was amazing. The location is perfect - it's lovely exiting the hotel onto the park views. Was very impressed with whole thing. Would definitely stay again and would choose Sheraton over other hotels. (Have stayed in Boulevard, Raddison Blu, Observatory in Sydney and would choose this one over all of them)

Dear phemepheme,
Im so pleased to read you had a nice getaway with your daughters and enjoyed your time with us. Please note the $35 charge is for unlimited - all you can watch movies within 24 hours. I appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton on the Park in the not too distant future.
Canberra
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

Size does matter - one of my top priority is space.
This hotel has decent size rooms - king bed, good size desk, L-shape sofa, oh and a walk-in wardrobe.
The bathroom was awesome - full-size bathtub, large shower inclosure, plus enough space to do the tango!
The decor was tasteful, one feature i like is the timber window shutters.
The place was bright & clean.

The location is excellent - opposite the Hyde Park, and 'round the corner to Market St (heart of CBD).

We had a pleasant stay in the hotel & will come back if the rate is around AUS$200.

• 3 of 5 stars
Dear pigsyACT,
Thank you for your review. Our standard rooms are the largest you will find in Sydney, plenty of room for a “tango”. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton on the Park and we look forward to welcoming you back soon on your return family trip.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I am not a big fan of Sheratons, but Sheraton On Park really surprised me. Very attentive staff, clean hotel in central location and large rooms. I was especially happy about the SPG lounge on the top level, which served excellent food and had some of the most helpful employees I have seen during my business travels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear tom101cz,
Thank you for choosing Sheraton on the Park and for taking the time to post your review. Our Sheraton Club Lounge is recognised as Sydney’s Premier Executive Lounge providing the highest standard of service and cuisine for our guests so I greatly appreciate your feedback and will be sure to forward our comments onto our Team.