“Perfect stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #30 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
Gosford, Australia
“Perfect stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

My two little girls and I stayed here the other night. The staff were very helpful, friendly, professional and nothing was a problem. We had booked for city view room but we were given one at the front with views of the park. We were able to check-in early and able to leave our car late the next day. Room was huge for a Sydney hotel with a comfy bed and luxurious bathroom. Movies at $35 a day were a bit pricey but I'd brought movies on the laptop for the girls anyway. The pool had a fantastic view (on the 22nd floor) and the staff at the spa front desk were friendly and helpful too. The buffet breakfast was amazing. The location is perfect - it's lovely exiting the hotel onto the park views. Was very impressed with whole thing. Would definitely stay again and would choose Sheraton over other hotels. (Have stayed in Boulevard, Raddison Blu, Observatory in Sydney and would choose this one over all of them)

• 5 of 5 bubbles
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, January 20, 2013
Dear phemepheme,
Im so pleased to read you had a nice getaway with your daughters and enjoyed your time with us. Please note the $35 charge is for unlimited - all you can watch movies within 24 hours. I appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton on the Park in the not too distant future.
Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,001)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Canberra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

Size does matter - one of my top priority is space.
This hotel has decent size rooms - king bed, good size desk, L-shape sofa, oh and a walk-in wardrobe.
The bathroom was awesome - full-size bathtub, large shower inclosure, plus enough space to do the tango!
The decor was tasteful, one feature i like is the timber window shutters.
The place was bright & clean.

The location is excellent - opposite the Hyde Park, and 'round the corner to Market St (heart of CBD).

We had a pleasant stay in the hotel & will come back if the rate is around AUS$200.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear pigsyACT,
Thank you for your review. Our standard rooms are the largest you will find in Sydney, plenty of room for a “tango”. Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton on the Park and we look forward to welcoming you back soon on your return family trip.
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I am not a big fan of Sheratons, but Sheraton On Park really surprised me. Very attentive staff, clean hotel in central location and large rooms. I was especially happy about the SPG lounge on the top level, which served excellent food and had some of the most helpful employees I have seen during my business travels.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear tom101cz,
Thank you for choosing Sheraton on the Park and for taking the time to post your review. Our Sheraton Club Lounge is recognised as Sydney’s Premier Executive Lounge providing the highest standard of service and cuisine for our guests so I greatly appreciate your feedback and will be sure to forward our comments onto our Team.
Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

My elderly mother & I booked a room for 2 nights at this hotel but on arrival our room smelt very smoky. I had advised the hotel that my mother had respiratory issues and they decided to use what they called an "air purifier" in our room. The machine was actually an ozone generator which is used to mask tobacco odours. Ozone however is a toxic gas that is very dangerous, particularly for the elderly or those with respiratory problems.The hotel forgot to turn off the machine and when we returned to our room it was still going - the smell was overbearing. I turned it off and advised guest services. They did not ventilate the room, as would have been safe practice. We stayed in the room for around an hour and became very sick. I googled ozone and was shocked by what we were inhaling. I called the hotel manager who finally moved us to another room but the damage was done - we spent the rest of our holiday feeling sick and worrying about the damge done to our lungs. The hotel had to call a doctor for us. The hotel management were very aggressive when I complained; they said the use of these machines was common practice in the hotel. This was confirmed by staff but it was clear there were no proper procedures in place to ensure they were being used safely. They refused to refund us any accommodation, only offered to give us some membership points, because they said we couldn't prove any injury or that our stay had been affected. I would never stay there again. We are still suffering health issues. Beware of their ozone machines and their aggressive management. Other staff were nice. Refer to the EPA's factsheet on these machines. Be informed - protect yourself. Choose a hotel that doesn't use ozone generators or that uses them safely - this hotel definitely uses them and in our case,without proper safety procedures.

Room Tip: Dont let them use ozone generators to "freshen" your room.
8 Thank sydsider255060
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2013

My two daughters and I stayed at this hotel last night. The service was faultless from our arrival and valet parking to the checkout and the return of our car. I do recommend the valet parking; convenient, efficient and well priced for Sydney CBD. All the staff we encountered were friendly and professional and very efficient.

We stayed on the twelfth floor overlooking Hyde Park and St Mary's Cathedral which was a delightful outlook in daylight and even prettier at night. The room had twins beds but was rather compact. I had pre booked for three and was initially offered a king sized suite. When I queried that the booking was for three I was immediately offered a twin room and a roll away bed.

This proved to be impossible to achieve as the roll away was a generous size and with my ten year old daughter in a wheelchair I preferred she sleep on the lounge which was more than adequate. The staff immediately removed the roll away and bought extra linen and were most helpful.

The bathroom was well appointed with good quality toiletries, larger than normal cakes of soap as well as liquid soap and a separate shower, bath and king sized bath towels. The wheelchair was difficult to manoeuvre in the bathroom, barely squeezing through the doorway. I would guess there are more spacious rooms which may have been more suitable to a disabled guest, but for only one night and after a long drive, I did not approach the staff to enquire when I realised what the challenges were. I would certainly mention special needs when booking in the future.

The bed was the most comfortable I have slept in at any hotel and better than my bed at home!! There was a good selection of soft and firm pillows, rather large ones, so we were all very happy.

The cleanliness of the living area/bathroom was immaculate.

I did find the 24 hour fee for watching movies, around $35 from memory, prohibitive. I would have been happy to pay $10 for one movie, but that was not an option.

I found this location ideal for shopping in the Pitt Street Mall and for our appointment at the Sydney Eye Hospital on Macquarie Street. It was an easy walk to both places. Hyde Park is beautiful and there was various entertainment to be enjoyed there this morning, from a choir of young people to a man blowing the biggest bubbles I have ever seen! A very pleasant walk to admire the lovely gardens, huge trees, statues and colourful personalities.

I loved this hotel and I have stayed in many in the CBD. The front foyer is breathtakingly beautiful and there was a convenient ramp to the foyer from street level, essential for disabled guests. I think it well and truly deserves it's five star rating and I can't imagine anyone would be disappointed with the standard of service or the comfort offered. Well done Sheraton, we loved you!

Room Tip: Definitely ask for a park view room as high up as possible to avoid traffic noise. Then close the cu...
Dear spin462002,
Thank you for your valued feedback as a Senior Contributor to Tripadvisor. I appreciate you taking the time to provide such a thorough review of your stay and am pleased our Associates made sure your stay was both comfortable and memorable. We look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton on the Park in the not too distant future.
Centennial, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed here for one night after disembarking from a Princess Cruise at 7:30AM (a 10 minute taxi ride from the port). The reception staff let us check in when we arrived at the hotel around 8AM that morning and our bags were in our room immediately. We had a king with a roll-away and that also was in our room when we got there. The concierge staff was very helpful and got us tickets on the Bridge Climb for that evening (which was worth the $$). They have free WiFi in the lobby which requires a password but they were quick to provide one. Our room was large enough that 3 adults didn't feel crowded. It felt like the hotel rooms may have been updated recently and the bed was extremely comfortable - including the roll-away. They provide an electrical adapter for free (it was located in the mini-bar/food drawer under the TV) which helped with charging our phones/iPads. Our room came with the breakfast which was an outstanding buffet. This hotel is well within walking distance to most everything including the Opera House. Would most definitely stay here again.

1 Thank COtraveler5660
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear COtraveler5660,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Sheraton on the Park. Im pleased to read that you enjoyed all that our hotel has to offer and look forward to your return trip to Sydney so we can welcome you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton on the Park.
Warm regards
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

We spent 5 nights here and loved it! The Sheraton was able to book us 2 last minute rooms to rescue our vacation after 2 very disappointing nights at the Swissotel. Sarah in reception was great. We ended up with corner rooms on a high floor. It was spacious, well-appointed, with great amenities, and the service was wonderful. The concierge staff was always friendly and ready to help. Tedley the doorman was always smiling and welcoming. Their recommendations were right on for restaurants and tours. The room rates were very reasonable - less than the Swissotel and with nicer rooms. Room service prices were high, but everything was delicious and the portions were generous. The fitness center is one of the best we have experienced in a hotel. The spa staff was able to get 3 of us in for massages at the same time which we really appreciated. The location of the hotel is perfect for shopping and dining. Nothing is more than a walk or short cab ride away. We saw mixed reviews on the seafood buffet but tried it anyway. It was just average, particularly when you consider the price but that was really the only disappointment. We would definitely stay there again!

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Valerie P
Dear Valerie P,
Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton on the Park and for your informative review. Im so pleased to note you enjoyed your stay with us and we were able to make your vacation that little bit more special. We look forward to your return stay when your travels next bring you to Sydney and the Sheraton on the Park.
Warm regards