“Great Location - clean and convenient”

Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
Ranked #24 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Would easily recommend this to any out of town traveler. Central location close to Hyde Park. Room was clean and offered more than enough space. Staff was also very friendly. Lots of computers in the lobby for you to use for internet access.

If travelling from the airport, take public transportation (train) to the hotel instead of a cab. Faster and less expensive.

In all, hotel offered everything necessary as a hub to tour the city - location, clean, internet access and friendly service.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (4,136)

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed on Friday night and found the whole experience very agreeable. Called before arrival to enquire about parking and other services and found staff knowledgable and helpful. Every request and question answered in a timely fashion. Enjoyed pool and spa (although the spa bath is pretty ordinary), there is a sauna and steam room in both the mens & womens change area (not communal). Great location, would definately stay again. Suits business and families.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

After an underwhelming experience with more homely accommodation on a recent trip to Sydney we decided to treat ourselves to a little pampering, marble-bathroom action. What a contrast it was to have a doorman take our bags from our car directly to our room while the check-in process went smoothly and quickly.
The room itself was clean, spacious and a little bit indulgent. The full size bath was divine after a long photoshoot, although enjoying it with a local beer for $10 was a bit of a sting!
Although it was after 10.30pm by the time we checked in we hadn't eaten dinner so ordered a meal from the late night menu. My wife is vegetarian and there were no options for her on the menu, apart from a salad - which may have had bacon in it. She decided she could have fish, but sadly again no options. However the room-service attendant made a point of talking to the chef to come up with something for her and indeed a half hour later she was served very delicious grilled fish. My meal was excellent too and the quantities very generous. It was lovely to be up late eating nice food and watching Turner Classic Movies.
Next morning was uneventful as we had to check out and catch a flight. Again the system worked very smoothly and despite there being a large conference in the hotel with delegates everywhere, we were processed quickly and smoothly. Will certainly return for our next trip!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear AndrewBartholomew,

Im pleased to read you will be returning to the Sheraton on the Park and apologise for the lack of vegetarian selection on our overnight menu. Its great to see our chef whipped up an excellent meal for you and you were able to enjoy it in front of the TV. We hope to welcome you back for a longer stay when you next can treat yourself for a getaway!

Reviewed October 27, 2012

The Sheraton on the Park is a great hotel in a very good location close to Hyde Park, and the best shopping areas. Also a very short walk to Darling Harbour, The Rocks and Circular Quay.

The rooms are a very generous size with marble bathrooms, walk-in wardrobes and the most comfortable bed and pillows ever.

The front-of house staff were excellent (as always) and a credit to the hotel, however on this occasion the housekeeping staff let the side down. After attending a conference at another property in Sydney I decided at the 11th hour to stay an extra night in Sydney and made a last-minute booking on-line at the Sheraton. As this was a last-minute internet booking at a discounted rate, I didn't mind being in a room on a lower floor, overlooking a concrete alley way (as SPG members, we usually stay on a club floor). However I was disappointed in the state of the room. I got the impression that the room hadn't been used in a while and hadn't been checked by housekeeping. The bedside tables and lamps were coated in thick dust - it was so thick that I was able to write my name in it! I also went to use the electric jug and found it was full of water. As it hadn't been used recently the water smelt really stagnant. Although the bathroom was clean, there were a few stray pieces of toilet paper littered on the bathroom floor.

I will defintely stay at the Sheraton again but was disappointed in the lack of attention from housekeeping on this occasion.

Dear AucklandLulu,

Thank you for visiting Sheraton on the Park, I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the cleanliness issues you had experienced. I can assure you the cleanliness of our rooms is of paramount importance to us in order to meet all of Starwood’s high standards. I thank you for bringing this to my attention and rest assured your feedback has been addressed with our Housekeeping department to ensure we maintain our high standards. Hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I got a room that was really small, n there was no window! Water stayed in d sink forever. The shave mirror had a horrible black mark. No TV Channel ! A lot of noise! Really not a nice stay!However, the staff were nice, helping with big luggage .

2  Thank Annababelee

Dear Annababelee,

Thank you for your feedback, please accept our sincere apologies for the several shortfalls you have outlined, certainly not the standard of excellence you would expect to receive at Sheraton on the Park. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to make up for this less than perfect experience.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

End of our month long trip, and we stayed here expecting relaxation and privacy. Instead, when we had Do not disturb hung on our door, the maids called our room between 9-10 am to "make sure we didn't want service". This woke us up, after we were trying to catch up after a 13 hour flight. We told them no thanks for service, and went back to bed. Finally got out of the room between 2-3 pm that afternoon to sight see (with do not disturb still hung on the door).
When we returned to our room, it'd been entered and cleaned, with some "sensitive" garments being moved. (hay... i'm on trip with my husband...) I complained to the front desk, and their resolution was to offer a late check out... boo hoo... I can get that without complaints.
Later, when I tried to use my computer, I discovered it had been disconnected, and the charger had been wrapped up and folded away, and now, our charging adapter won't work. Called reception again, and their response was "to have mgmt call us tomorrow..

So.. main complaint is that we stay at a 5 star hotel, and they can't even respect basic privacy as well as a 1 star Holiday Inn does. what are we paying for? Then they decide to move about private property disrespecting discreetness, and breaking a charging convertor. Now, I have to spend one of my last remaining vacation days dealing with hotel mgmt on privacy issues and broken equipment...

Like I said, everything else should deserve a 5 star rating here...... As a very seasoned traveler, I've never experienced anything like this...

Room Tip: Dont leave important items in your room, as a Do Not Disturb sign and phone call are not respected.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank laurie n

Dear laurie n,

I appreciate you taking the time to convey your disappointment, I would like to assure you that I am fully aware of your concerns raised and empathize for the displeasure caused as a result. I understand your frustration and how this has resulted in a disappointing experience and believe our Chief Concierge had spoken with your husband this morning to assist in any way to make your stay more comfortable. Please accept our apologies and we wish the remaining of your stay to be memorable all for the right reasons.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've been gradually trying out the range of Sydney CBD high-level hotels, and this would be my favourite to date, based on the great combo of price (affordability), service and location. This hotel is well-situated, as has easy access to CBD shops and restaurants, yet is opposite the popular and pretty Hyde Park (ask for a park view room - much better than staring out your window at ugly offices), and offers good package prices.

It also has amiable, polite and helpful check-in staff at reception, who - at the first query about breakfast - offered a discount voucher for the buffet (which was quite good). Staff offered to help with my bags from the first moment, again when heading up to my room, which is not always common in Sydney! Then, unlike some places where they abandon you upon checkout, they remained equally helpful when I needed to put my gear into storage for the rest of the day - they could not have been more helpful and polite. Commendations for consistently high service!

The pool (always a priority for me) was great, with interesting park/water/city views on 3-sides, making it worth a visit even if you're not swimming! There is also a very good changeroom area (with good toiletries supplied), sauna and steam room, which is a bonus.

The room was good, though had a bit too much dark coloured fixtures for my liking and wasn't as big as say, the Westin, but certainly not 'small'. The black marble bathroom (again with the black - clearly a male interior designer!) was elegant, very spacious and well fitted out. The room had powered blackout blinds, which were useful.

Two cons: stain on the bedspread runner (not appreciated!) and no free bottle of water provided (I expect it in this price range, even when the tap water is drinkable). One bonus: the safe is actually full-size, making it truly laptop-friendly (rather than all the ones that say they are, but really only fit an ipad!).

Room Tip: Definitely pay the bit extra for a park view, as the alternative is not the most attractive and you...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear LoufromOz,

Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel, Im pleased to note we are your favourite hotel and had met all your expectations. Customer service is definitely an integral part of our job as our company’s most vital asset is our guests and their recognition and loyalty to the Sheraton on the Park so I am pleased to note our associates had taken good care of you. Once again we appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton on the Park.