Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
Amora Hotel Jamison Sydney(Sydney)
$192
$130
  • Room Service
$164
  • Restaurant
The Grace Hotel Sydney(Sydney)(Great Value!)
$118
$195
$182
Agoda.com
4,277 results
All reviewshyde parkpark viewfeast restaurantthe club loungejames stationspg memberdavid joneswalk in wardrobeseafood buffetbeautiful hotelstar hotelhigh teaan upgradelarge bathroomcorner roompitt st mallcircular quay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

I got a room that was really small, n there was no window! Water stayed in d sink forever. The shave mirror had a horrible black mark. No TV Channel ! A lot of noise! Really not a nice stay!However, the staff were nice, helping with big luggage .

2  Thank Annababelee
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Dear Annababelee,

Thank you for your feedback, please accept our sincere apologies for the several shortfalls you have outlined, certainly not the standard of excellence you would expect to receive at Sheraton on the Park. We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to make up for this less than perfect experience.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

End of our month long trip, and we stayed here expecting relaxation and privacy. Instead, when we had Do not disturb hung on our door, the maids called our room between 9-10 am to "make sure we didn't want service". This woke us up, after we were trying to catch up after a 13 hour flight. We told them no thanks for service, and went back to bed. Finally got out of the room between 2-3 pm that afternoon to sight see (with do not disturb still hung on the door).
When we returned to our room, it'd been entered and cleaned, with some "sensitive" garments being moved. (hay... i'm on trip with my husband...) I complained to the front desk, and their resolution was to offer a late check out... boo hoo... I can get that without complaints.
Later, when I tried to use my computer, I discovered it had been disconnected, and the charger had been wrapped up and folded away, and now, our charging adapter won't work. Called reception again, and their response was "to have mgmt call us tomorrow..

So.. main complaint is that we stay at a 5 star hotel, and they can't even respect basic privacy as well as a 1 star Holiday Inn does. what are we paying for? Then they decide to move about private property disrespecting discreetness, and breaking a charging convertor. Now, I have to spend one of my last remaining vacation days dealing with hotel mgmt on privacy issues and broken equipment...

Like I said, everything else should deserve a 5 star rating here...... As a very seasoned traveler, I've never experienced anything like this...

Room Tip: Dont leave important items in your room, as a Do Not Disturb sign and phone call are not respected.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank laurie n

Dear laurie n,

I appreciate you taking the time to convey your disappointment, I would like to assure you that I am fully aware of your concerns raised and empathize for the displeasure caused as a result. I understand your frustration and how this has resulted in a disappointing experience and believe our Chief Concierge had spoken with your husband this morning to assist in any way to make your stay more comfortable. Please accept our apologies and we wish the remaining of your stay to be memorable all for the right reasons.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I've been gradually trying out the range of Sydney CBD high-level hotels, and this would be my favourite to date, based on the great combo of price (affordability), service and location. This hotel is well-situated, as has easy access to CBD shops and restaurants, yet is opposite the popular and pretty Hyde Park (ask for a park view room - much better than staring out your window at ugly offices), and offers good package prices.

It also has amiable, polite and helpful check-in staff at reception, who - at the first query about breakfast - offered a discount voucher for the buffet (which was quite good). Staff offered to help with my bags from the first moment, again when heading up to my room, which is not always common in Sydney! Then, unlike some places where they abandon you upon checkout, they remained equally helpful when I needed to put my gear into storage for the rest of the day - they could not have been more helpful and polite. Commendations for consistently high service!

The pool (always a priority for me) was great, with interesting park/water/city views on 3-sides, making it worth a visit even if you're not swimming! There is also a very good changeroom area (with good toiletries supplied), sauna and steam room, which is a bonus.

The room was good, though had a bit too much dark coloured fixtures for my liking and wasn't as big as say, the Westin, but certainly not 'small'. The black marble bathroom (again with the black - clearly a male interior designer!) was elegant, very spacious and well fitted out. The room had powered blackout blinds, which were useful.

Two cons: stain on the bedspread runner (not appreciated!) and no free bottle of water provided (I expect it in this price range, even when the tap water is drinkable). One bonus: the safe is actually full-size, making it truly laptop-friendly (rather than all the ones that say they are, but really only fit an ipad!).

Room Tip: Definitely pay the bit extra for a park view, as the alternative is not the most attractive and you may find you just keep your shutters closed.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear LoufromOz,

Thank you for your thorough review of our hotel, Im pleased to note we are your favourite hotel and had met all your expectations. Customer service is definitely an integral part of our job as our company’s most vital asset is our guests and their recognition and loyalty to the Sheraton on the Park so I am pleased to note our associates had taken good care of you. Once again we appreciate your kind words and look forward to welcoming you back to the warmth and hospitality of the Sheraton on the Park.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Booked an executive 1 bed room suite
Arrived into Sydney from our cruise and at the hotel by 9am
No problem,our room was ready wow,great surprise
The suite was a club room located on the 19th floor
No traffic noise what so ever
Amazing room, separate bedroom,lounge...2tvs,Boise stereo system ,marble bathroom and walk in wardrobe
Our view was out towards Hyde Park and the harbour
Very well appointed rooms, amazing
The staff could not be better,from the bell hops ,check in/out,
Very well located,only a block from Centrepoint tower and minutes on foot to Pitt St mall,George st etc
Circular quay is only about 10mins walk away
Great spa...sauna/steam...in men's and women's locker rooms, spa services and a well equipped gym
The club lounge in on the 21st floor
Wifi capable too
Morning breakfast an evening nibbles ...great views too
This is the best,BEST ever lounge we been in,the breakfasts are simply amazing ,the staff very attentive to your needs
Truly an amazing hotel to stay at
This is the base for us next time in Sydney

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2012

As a seasoned business traveler, the Sheraton is a top-notch hotel with all the amenities one would come to expect. The staff are extremely attentive and are quick to follow-up: case in point, on my last trip, I found room 1106 extremely noisy and the roar of the traffic from near-by Market Street made it difficult to fall and stay asleep. While the hotel could not accommodate a move the evening that I called due to its near capacity crowd, the following morning I was moved to room 1804 which was significantly more quiet. The assistant manager of the property called me within five minutes of my move to make sure that everything was ok, a first in my 25 years of business travel. I have stayed at this property more than 10x. The central location simply cannot be beat. I highly recommend this hotel while in Sydney. Simply be mindful of the street noise. Finally, I would highly recommend the $75 upgrade to the Club Level. The fee more than pays for itself given the prices in Australia and Sydney in particular.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank NJTraveler100

Dear NJTraveler100,

Thank you for your loyalty and for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor. I was most concerned to learn of the noise experienced whilst you were in residence and apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment this had caused. Positioned in central CBD with such a great location we are faced with the challenges of city noise however I am pleased we were able to offer an alternate room for your stay. We hope to welcome you back and would request you please advise our Front Office associates to update your profile to state your room preferences so as in the future we are better able to allocate your room accordingly.