“Best Club room I have encountered”

Sheraton on the Park, Sydney
Ranked #30 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
Brisbane Australia
“Best Club room I have encountered”
Reviewed July 20, 2011

The beautiful Sheraton on the Park is a true five star hotel, with a sumptuous marble lobby, extremely polite and helpful staff, and of course the best beds in the business. We stayed in a huge King room overlooking the park. There was a king sized bed, corner lounge unit, working desk with internet connection and 32” flat screen TV – and complimentary morning newspaper.
There was tea and coffee of every persuasion and the service was impeccable. We found a defective kettle in the room, rang customer service and it was replaced within five minutes.
We were given access to the Executive Club and the health club. Up on the 22nd floor is a sparkling professional-sized gym with spa and sauna and a heated swimming pool plenty big enough for doing a few laps. It was very impressive. There was something exotic about a swimming pool at the top of the building.
And the Executive Club on the 21st floor is one of the most comfortable and cosy rooms I’ve experienced anywhere in the world. There are armchairs, alcoves and in the centre a glass case containing flames, which wasn’t hot, but added a wonderful ambience to the room. Hot snacks were there aplenty as the wine was top drawer.
Pre dinner drinks went from 5-7.30 pm, which was perhaps a good job because it would be so easy to settle in for the night.
In the Botanica Brasserie the breakfast buffet is all you can ask for – and it served the best croissants I’ve ever eaten in any hotel!
Over time I have become very fond of the Starwood Hotel Group quality and once again there was no let down.
The Sheraton on the Park rooms can cost anything from $200 up a night on special internet deals. My deal was three nights for $460 on a “buy two get one free deal. The hotel comes highly recommended.
161 Elizabeth Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000. Phone: (61)(2) 9286 6000 Fax: (61)(2) 9286 6686

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Ericscott
BMercerHotelManager, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
Dear Ericscott,

Thank you for you fantastic review of the Sheraton on the Park on what appears to be a great three night getaway on a great package. I’m glad to read that you were able to relax and enjoy all that Sheraton on the Park has to offer; especially our rooftop pool, Sheraton Club Lounge and Botanica Brasserie (which I agree have the best and freshest croissants you will find).

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hotel Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,031)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
london
Reviewed July 20, 2011

Perfectly located next to the park and close to the Harbour the Sheraton on the Park in Sydney offers outstanding service and comfort. I stayed for a week and then returned for a further two nights. Not only was I remembered by the staff I was given the same room. The rooms are spacious and the beds the most comfortable of any hotel I have stayed in. Delicious black marble enormous bathrooms. All mod cons. My only three criticisms being no wi fi in the rooms and breakfast in the restaurant resembles an overcrowded train station. Personally I like a bit of peace and quiet first thing in the morning and breakfast here is not for the faint hearted. Room service is very pricey indeed.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed here for 3 nights in Mid-June. We were upgraded to a park facing corner room as my hubby is a SPG gold member. Our room was very spacious, with a beautiful view of the Hyde Park. The bathroom is well appointed with a huge bathtub. I think the room size is rather big for a city hotel. And it is very clean too. I must say the room is much nicer and bigger than four points by Sheraton darling harbor, although I prefer the latter’s location. The pity was it was raining every day during our stay there, so we couldn’t bring our toddler to a stroll in the Hyde Park.

The location is great if you are a shopaholic. David Jones is just opposite the street, and Chanel and LV are also nearby.

The service was generally very efficient although lack of some warmth. I lost my hand phone in the hotel and only realized it several hours later after we had checked out. My hubby called the front desk and they promised to search the room that we just checked out and call us back soon. They did! Their concierge called us in less than 5 minutes and after some verification, they confirmed they had found my phone which I dropped in public area. Two thumbs up for their efficiency and a sincere ‘thank you’ to them too!

Our only disappointment was their buffet dinner. We found the selection was very limited comparing with most of other 5 star properties we have stayed. We had a buffet dinner at Four Points at Darling Harbour too and felt exactly the same. Or maybe this is the norm for hotels in Sydney?

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sydney
Reviewed July 17, 2011

The hotel room was beautifully appointed, large, very quiet, clean and comfortable.
Room service was very fast ( under 30 minutes) and well presented. Not much an outlook in the 'city view' room with the only window looking into a dark and narrow corridor onto an second grade office building on the back street.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
sheraton_140, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post such a great review about the hotel. Being so centrally located, we do recognize that City side rooms do not have the best view the hotel can offer. On your next visit we recommend you try one of the Park View rooms, which have sweeping views over Hyde Park. Check out Sheraton.com, we offer a Best Rate Guarantee on this channel.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed July 16, 2011

My partner and i stayed here just for a single night, we are locals to greater Sydney and wanted a night in the CBD. The Sheraton is a lovely hotel and gives a sense of opulence from the moment you drive up to the valet. Overall the hotel is nicely appointed but there are just some fine attentions to detail lacking (ie: hair dryers in the room which you would expect at a hotel of this class). The staff however are fantastic, friendly, helpful and always a warm welcoming smile from everyone. The breakfast as well is wonderful great selection of everything. Location is great for shopping and only a short stroll to the Quay, Rocks or Darling Harbour. Would certainly recommend this hotel to all travellers looking for a level of class from their accommodations

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about the hotel. Normally we do have Hairdryers in every rooms, they are kept in the wardrobe, so we will ensure this rectified and increase the location signage in the rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Perth, Australia
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Stayed 4 nights from 7th July to 11th July. The location of this hotel is hard to beat, affording easy access to the Eastern Suburbs and all that the Sydney CBD has to offer.
We booked the 'Stay, park and play' package, which included a city side room, breakfast and self parking, which was pretty good value at $269 p/n
Our room was quite good in general although there is clearly an issue with the air conditioners ability to adequately cool the room. If you like your bedroom cool when you sleep, it's likely you will be disappointed.
The hotel sent an engineer to check the air con. There was a note in the room when we returned from our days outing saying that the fault was located and had been resolved but in reality, we found there was little to no difference after the air con was serviced by maintenance personnel which leads me to surmise that the air con cooling function is simply inadequate.
We could also hear the guests in the next room each time they used their bathroom to shower or use the toilet, not to mention hearing just about every door on the 18th floor close or slam. Noise issues are not something I expect from a 5 star hotel.

The breakfast at Botanica was quite good but would have been close to great if the staff were a) more welcoming, and b) willing to make eye contact so you don't have to do somersaults in order get there attention and then once you do, you feel like they are doing you a favour. IMO, breakfast sets the tone for the rest of the day and with the exception of one or two individuals, the breakfast shift staff looked generally disinterested and we found some staff to be quite rude including but not limited too, talking in a different language. The food and beverage manager walked around with his arms folded and on Sunday morning, he looked as though he had just woken up. The breakfast staff looked as though they would rather be elsewhere (with the exception of Linda who could always be seen with a smile).
I would also like to know why 4 or 5 staff were continually congregating around the entrance to the breakfast area, while they should be looking to provide a better overall experience to guests that are seated? Basically the food was good but the service was very poor indeed.

Overall the staff throughout the hotel were not overly personable or friendly but we were fortunate to have Vanessa check us in and check us out. She was very professional and appeared to actually like her job.

As far as I am concerned, it would have to be an exceptionally good deal for us to stay at the Sheraton on the Park again. This once wonderful establishment, has gone downhill since my last stay some 8 yrs ago.

3 Thank fresh_prince_WA
sheraton_140, General Manager at Sheraton on the Park, Sydney, responded to this review, July 14, 2011
Thank you very much for your very detailed feedback, we appreciate this and will most definitely communicate this to the various departments.

I am sorry we didn’t meet your expectations on this occasion, and would love the opportunity to make this up to you on a future stay.

We do run a busy hotel, however this does not excuse the lack of response you received from our operations team members. Regarding the

Air conditioning issues, we will ensure this is followed up and rectified.

Please give us another opportunity to WOW you on your next visit and I invite you to contact my office to let us know when you are coming.

BRAD MERCER
HOTEL MANAGER
Monaco-Ville, Monaco
Reviewed July 12, 2011

I travel to Sydney regularly and I was most disapointed in the Sheraton on the Park. I do not normally complain about a property but in this case there were some real problems. I started well so pleased with the location and the initial impact was very impressive but it is a mirage. I started with my check in that was smooth and the it all went down hill. We went to eat at the Botanica well the food mostly overcooked and just not what we expected . We went to the suite and ordered room service it was timely taking under 1 hour but the food was worse. The worst steak full of gristle. Just ordinary meat I would hesitate feeding to my dogs We noted that the bathroom had a not so clean smell to it we wiped the wall with some damp tissues and it was dirty. we also found the foyer quite unclean. Perhaps my standards are too high but I detailed all the issues to the General manager 4 weeks ago and as of Today no response. Perhaps you can not defend the indefensible. By the way we never got the morning paper.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
8 Thank Lechiffre1
My sincere apologies that we did not meet your expectations, especially the dining experience in Botanica. We have been awarded the best Brassiere/Café from the AHA the last 2 years and most certainly pride ourselves in having an exceptional food & service offering. I do personally respond to all guest feedback, as this is invaluable to my operation, so I my apologies if you have not received a response, as this is not normal. Please contact me via the Executive Office and I would welcome the opportunity to discuss further with you and rectify this with you.

Warm regards