The Mantra on Bond in downtown Sydney has become my regular when in town on business, and it serves its purpose well enough. An apartment hotel rather than the more conventional room complex, it has a bit more space to it than many central city hotels. I prefer the self-catering option most of the time so the kitchen is welcome and the living areas are a decent and comfortable size.
The location can be something of a pain to get to, especially in peak traffic, but for someone on foot it's easy to reach. I've been caught in gridlocked traffic at times and it's taken an hour or so to get to the hotel from not far away - a nuisance we can all do without.
The rooms are generally quiet, which is nice, and apart from locating the air-conditioning controls (they're in the wardrobe, BTW) most things are in a logical place.
Car parking can be an issue - there are not enough parks for the hotel guests in the underground parking garage, and you don't want to be the last one in of an evening.
The hotel serves its purpose as far as I'm concerned - it's comfortable and the staff are competent and efficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra 2 Bond Street Sydney is perfectly located close to Sydney Harbour and Circular Quay and is a minute away from the heart of Sydney's CBD. Mantra 2 Bond Street's accommodation is ideal for singles through to groups of six with a variety of rooms including Executive Studios, One, and Two Bedroom Apartments, penthouses or junior suites, most with stunning Sydney city views. Please note no twin bedding available. All rooms are fully self-contained and feature broadband internet access, cable TV, in-house movies, mini bar and climate controlled air-conditioning. Memento Lounge & Bistro is located onsite at Mantra Bond Street and showcases Australia's best produce, modern food with a traditional touch and an exclusive selection of Australian and International wines - perfect for a night in. If you want to head out there is a host of multicultural cuisines at an array of restaurants and bars located within close proximity to Mantra 2 Bond Street. For those that have time to indulge in some leisure, the luxurious rooftop pool and spa is the ideal spot to relax while watching the world go by. Mantra 2 Bond Street is perfectly positioned to take advantage of what Sydney has on offer. Enjoy a swim or some sightseeing at over 70 harbours and ocean beaches including the famous and iconic Bondi Beach. Entertainment is first class with an array of world-class theatres, museums and galleries spread across the city, but if shopping is on the cards the CBD is a shopper's paradise with a number of department stores, one of a kind boutiques and designer fashions. The Rocks sits just north of the CBD and is the perfect blend of old and new in Sydney with beautiful buildings, shops, pubs and restaurants. Guests must present a credit card upon arrival and Mantra 2 Bond Street has a no cash policy. If you elect to pay your account by credit card or other card using a credit payment facility, Mantra Group reserve the right to charge a payment processing fee in order to cover its associated administrative cost. Mantra 2 Bond Street is a NON SMOKING hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Mantra 2 Bond Street reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mantra 2 Bond Street Hotel Sydney
- Mantra 2 Bond Street Sydney
- Saville Hotel Sydney