“Nice but small room for money”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
Ranked #9 of 175 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Hervey Bay, Australia
“Nice but small room for money”
Reviewed September 21, 2010

We had booked in advance with the hotel . The room was very small and no view, room 120 .Had problems with the door card keys and it took 3 trips to reception to get in. The hotel is clean and modern but at $240 a night was a lot. Went to a friends room who was on his own paid $184 a night 2 queen beds and spar bath.So ask at reception when booking what you get for your money.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (494)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Stayed here in August with my partner to attend the Good Food & Wine show. Recieved no upgrade or gifts when our anniversary was mentioned. Was a bit dissapointed with this seeing the hotel is currently undergoing renovations & there were plenty of rooms available that night. Our room was very small & standard with no view. Expected something better for our first time in a 5 star hotel. The bed was extremely comfortable though & the bathroom delightful & elegant. Location isn't great if staying for the weekend as it is quiet & in the business district part of town (Wynyard). We were offered a free upgrade for our next stay after I filled out a feedback form so their service does get a gold star for that. Not sure if I would like to return just yet though.. maybe just for the bed!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
St. Lucia
Reviewed September 19, 2010

First impression was very disappointed as we booked one bedroom room with bath ,on our arrive they gave us small studio with no view,and shower ,look like for disable people.When I report to the reception they said we booked hotel on web site for hotels???Omg ,we could booked whenever website we want to get better rate of course,they change our room to the one bedroom ,so it was good.When we went first night to have a swim in the hotel swimming pool ,you cold not believe how small is pool and spa for 5 star hotel,and the temperature in spa was not that hot ,how supposed to be.The second night we went there were a family with small children sitting in spa???I am not sure that children 5-8 years old have permission to go to spa,they didn't have intention to move ,so we couldn't go to spa.
The cushions on our bed was very smelly,can't describe the smell.
They filled a fridge with nice beverages what they charge hips...
The food for breakfast was okay and staff was helpful
I think hotel is to expansive for what they offered.

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 19, 2010

My husband and I have just stayed at the Hotel for 4 nights, and it was a fantastic experience. The staff live and breathe customer service, and thanks to concierge Wayne who did a fantastic job in obtaining tickets for a very important Rugby League match for us. The Hotel is in an ideal location, as just outside bustle of Harbour but only 5 min walk to Harbour/Opera house etc. Our room was gorgeous with gigantic bed, spacious, great bathroom, lots of space to put suitcases etc. Gym facilities good. We did not eat in Hotel, as we were travelling so much in the day time, getting early ferries etc. However, there are so many coffee shops outside and great bars and cafes. Highly recommend the Hotel, and would most definitley recommend it to anyone staying in Sydney and wanting to be near all major sights. Almost 10 out of 10 !!!

Tamworth, Australia
Reviewed September 7, 2010

This is a lovely hotel. The staff are lovely, the room and bathroom (Premier) were very attractive and a very comfortable bed. The rooms are well-cleaned and the room service is good. The free internet is wonderful and should be available everywhere, especially where people are paying for 5 star accommodation. I was both with my partner and solo duing my stay and i found it all to be suberb. The hotel is very close to the shops and also to Circular Quay and don't miss the wonderful Rocks markets on Saturday and Sunday morning. I hope to come back to the Radisson very soon.

Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed August 30, 2010

This is a top end hotel and the room rates reflect that. On the plus side, it is in a great location, is modern, has a nice gym and pool, the staff gave good service, and its looks nice from the outside. On the minus side, the hallways should have been monitored and cleaned more frequently (e.g noone wants to look at other people's room service left- overs) and my major gripe was the noise from the hallways into the room. My room even had a set of earplugs that I did not expect to require. There was a lot of noise from people's voices and doors slamming in the night. This was particularly bad on the Saturday night but noise was an issue every night of our 5 night stay.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank Runninguy1011
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I absolutely LOVE this hotel. I've stayed here a few times. Having moved out of Sydney for work, i love indulging whenever i get back home, by staying in a CBD hotel. I've stayed at a few different hotels this year, however this piece of heaven is my favourite place to rest and unwind in Sydney! Perfection from beginning to end - always an easy and quick check in. The valet staff are so polite, as are the check in staff and housekeeping. The staff here are so genuinely nice - i know people get paid to be pleasant, particularly in customer service type industries, but the staff at the Radisson always come across as happy in their jobs and very lovely people. I've stayed in other Sydney hotels where you barely get a smile. That is why i always rave about this hotel to friends and work colleagues (we all travel a lot, so i always recommend the Radisson Plaza Sydney for a 100% fantastic stay!).

Enough of the gushing - to practicalities. The rooms are always so immaculate, and the decor very pleasant. The beds are like beds for a princess (or prince) - so high and comfy - being an occasional insomniac, i always fall straight to sleep without waking during the night. On my recent stay, as previously, there weren't any problems with noise from outside. The room service menu is by FAR the best of any hotel! I highly recommend the spaghetti wagyu beef bolognaise as a late night treat - the best pasta meal ever, I always doze comfortably off to sleep every time.

The hotel offers so many services such as internet, newspaper delivery in the morning, in room massage (divine!), access to your account via the tv (so if you're on a budget, its easy to keep on top of hotel expenses - very handy) with the benefit of Bilson's restaurant just downstairs. The location itself is perfect, and close to all the touristy sights, which as someone born and raised in Sydney, i now get a kick out of participating in, now that work has kept me away. The vibrancy of the city is right at your doorstep!

I recently took a weekend away on my own as a stress reliever and to recharge my health, and ive got to say, the stay was better than any health spa or counselling session could ever be! ;o)

Yes, the hotel can be pricey, but the experience is so worth the expense.

PERFECTION! BLISS! INDULGENT! UNPRETENTIOUS!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo