“Excellent hotel”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
Ranked #11 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 2, 2014

We were there during June 25-29 and loved our stay. We got a spa suite and kids had a blast with the spa. Location is also excellent as its 5 mins walk to Opera House/Harbor bridge and 10 mins to local west field mall.

We will definitely stay whenever we visit Sydney again.

Room Tip: Try to get a Harbor view room
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (5,043)

Reviewed July 2, 2014

We chose to stay here as we had a business meeting to attend in one of the function rooms - the hotel did not disappoint. It is a great location, close to the Quay and close to the mall. The room we had was great, good, clean and modern. We needed a disabled room with an appropriate shower and it was perfect, the bathroom was large, with a shower-seat and hand rails. All the staff, from the Reception staff, the breakfast staff to the bar staff were quite friendly and helpful. Our only "gripe" was the wheelchair access was not as easy as it should be. They need wheelchair ramps instead of the wheelchair lifts which could only be operated by the staff. But overall, wheelchair access was ok. Finishing on a good note; the $25 breakfast (you need to book ahead) was great value.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Great location, a short walk from Wynyard Station. Very attentive staff. Comfortable, immaculately clean, fairly spacious rooms, with very comfortable bed and a "pillow menu". Excellently placed for business events, but very quiet area on weekend days. Quite pricey, but worth it for the location and nice room.

Room Tip: Higher rooms are probably a bit quieter on a Friday night.
1  Thank MiddleAgedHippies
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Was at the Radisson Blu on a business trip and stayed for 2 nights. This is quite a "chic" hotel, luxurious, very well located near attractions, shopping malls and business center. Service was excellent all over the place.

Room Tip: Inward facing room are cheaper and quieter, but no view. Anyway, if you are in Sydney for the view...
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Recently I had the need to stay overnight again at the Radisson Blu in Sydney. From the moment I parked the car outside to the moment I left the next day I was just "impressed" .. ON arrival I was greeted by a happy friendly porter/valet who assisted with my luggage and took care of my car. I was checked in by a young lady who offered the friendliest and most professional welcome I have experienced in many years but was, at the same time, relaxed and welcoming. I was recognised as a return guest and even extended a roo upgrade, which for the price I was paying as I booked though a discount website, I certainly was not expecting. There was a small hiccup with the room key as the computer had not recognised me as being checked in. In this time, I was offered coffee and a drink, a seat to relax in the business lounge and as more than friendly smile from the staff on the accommodation level. At this point it started to dawn on me that service standard was consistent...everyone offered great service in a relaxed manner. I later had a drink in the business lounge and went in and out of the hotel which was easy to do. The room was fantastic and one of the cleanest and well appointed and presented I have seen for a long time. I had a great nights sleep and the departed the next morning with ease to the airport. If I could rate the hotel I would give it 6 stars as it was just "perfect" in location, presentation, facilitates and most importantly, service. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a great venue business or holiday.

Room Tip: I have not had a bad room in this hotel before
Reviewed June 30, 2014

My last review was 2 years ago and I'm pleased to say that on staying here for 2 nights recently, it is still a fantastic place to stay. From valet parking to check in it is just smooth, efficient, friendly customer service. I was on the Business floor and the lounge there is just as good with a great choice of snacks and quality wines.
Nothing seems too much trouble for the staff here and if they aren't really enjoying their work they certainly make it seem like they do!
It's got to be one of the best places to stay in Sydney! Quirky floor layout due to shape of the building, but it all adds to the charm
Oh, and get breakfast included in your stay....it's well worth it...much better than the average hotel buffet!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

Treated ourselves to an over night stay at this lovely hotel ,what a wonderful place to stay ! Ideally situated right in the middle of the city , five minute walk to Wynyard Station,probably ten minutes to Circular Quay, twenty to twenty five minutes to Darling Harbour also very close to shops. If you don't feel like walking there is a taxi rank right outside hotel where there always seemed to be taxis waiting .
Service staff were exceptional, extremely helpful and friendly ,rooms were spacious and very comfortable ,the bathrooms amazing !
Buffet breakfast was ten dollars cheaper if you book the day before, it was plentiful and had a great selection to choose from including eggs cooked to order .
Had high tea there before we checked in ,it was truly delicious, one of the best I have ever had and our waiter Brad was lovely making sure everything was perfect for us ,it certainly was ! Highly recommend this wonderful hotel,can't wait to stay again . Thanks to all staff .

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple