“Much Better in Sydney CBD”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
Ranked #9 of 178 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Canberra, Australia
“Much Better in Sydney CBD”
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

We booked 6 rooms for 1 night.

Check in was very slow as two staff were in training. That's understandable but it took forever and was very confusing. Most of the rooms were not ready when we arrived which was fine. We were advised that our bags would be taken to our rooms.

Upon arrival in the room I'm missing my bag.
To cut a very long story short the concierge really couldn't be bothered finding it, it was left up to me. Once I located it it asked a staff member to get it as I couldn't access that floor.
15 minutes later he rings to say it wasn't in the room. Turns out he couldn't even get the room number right.
Get a phone call from the duty manager apologising, I advised her of the urgency of the bag as it had 10 tickets to a show and now we were running late and my disappointment of the lack of urgency from concierge. She offered a cab charge and I advised that there were 12 of us, so she offered 3 cabs.
I get down to reception to organise it and she realises that the show was not in the cbd and she couldn't justify the expense until she did an 'investigation'. I told her to forget and left to which she followed us outside the hotel writing details down so she could 'commence the investigation' not to worry etc she would make things right blah blah blah.

Never hear from her again. The next morning I got an apology from the lady at checkout (who was always friendly and helpful)
But that's it.

Mouldy shower isn't a good look and I have never stayed in a 5 star hotel with a double bed before. That was a first.

All in all a disappointing stay.

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank Gottotravelmoresoon
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Gottotravelmoresoon,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience.

I would like to apologise for the number of issues regarding your stay, we strive to make every guests stay at our hotel five-star, first-class when staying at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney.

I’ve personally followed up regarding your complaint with our front office team and wanted to apologise for the confusion with check in. I’ve asked our team to reassess the procedures we have in place and ensure we get it 100% right when a large group is checking in. I also understand that some of the room bookings were under the same name which led to the disappearance of the bag.

I also want to apologise for the confusion of the Duty Manager. They are authorised to hand out cab charges to any location in the CBD of Sydney. I understand that the Duty Manager promised to reimburse your receipt if it was found at the fault of the hotel.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion and we certainly hope that you can try us again.

Kind Regards,
Peter Tudehope,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2014

We made a last minute booking and stayed one night but wished we could have stayed longer, every staff member from the valet service, front desk, room service and cleaning staff all performed their roles professionally and looked like they were happy in their jobs which makes you think the hotel management are doing something right. I would highly recommend this hotel for the excellent location, fantastic dining options and very comfortable rooms with the best bathrooms I've seen in a long while.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AyseB980
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Weekend in Sydney. Hotel run well with attentive and friendly staff. Rooms good size with comfy beds and choice of pillows. Bath and walkin shower. Clean.
Free internet-why does any hotel charge for this basic utility?
Overall highly recommend

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Connecticut
Reviewed March 1, 2014

Centrally located in a beautiful, historic building, the Radisson Blu does not disappoint. Service is excellent and friendly. Rooms are modern, tasteful, clean and comfortable with generous amenities. Wifi is good and accessible in the room. We are content here a second time!

Room Tip: Our room is very quiet, and we are located on the eleventh floor.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 28, 2014

We stayed here for one night during the International Fleet Review and we did not have a great start to the weekend so this room turned out to be a much needed pick up!

Unfortunately we paid a CRAZY amount for their lead in room (Atrium Room) but it was a wot hotel and was just wanted a room in the city.

Room was amazing, I haven't seen a room set out like that before so it was quite different. Bed was very comfortable and we had a great night sleep after a very very long day.

Bathroom and shower was great as well, plenty of room and great shower pressure.

Would definitely stay here again providing we paid a much better rate on a non peak weekend :)

HIGHLY recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Another of many stays in this hotel and just as perfect as the others. As others have commented, the location and staff are wonderful. My last review I said it was a tad expensive and then a special came up so I was quick to grab a long weekend here and thoroughly enjoyed the stay. The beds are so comfortable, up with the best I have encountered in a hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 24, 2014

The Radisson is the place to stay in Sydney. It is centrally located and has all the facilities to make your stay the best possible. The staff are second to none, exceptional service which make you feel valued. It is my home away from home

I would strongly recommend the Radisson.

Room Tip: Whilst you wont get a harbour view it is quiet and ideally situated
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business