“Spectacular!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
London
“Spectacular!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

I arrived on 22nd Nov for 2 nights and had the most wonderful stay. Using Club Carlson points for both nights I did not expect to be upgraded from a Premier room. I was given room 1209, a lovely studio spa suite. All the staff were fantastic and in particular I would like to thank Stef, Brad and Anon (apologies If I spelt Anon's name incorrectly). Thank you all for a truly wonderful stay. I wish all the team at The Radisson Blu Sydney a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

We need to find a place that would allow us to do some business in the City and then be a place to enjoy a weekend in Syney. We chose the Radisson Blu because of the great experiences we have had staying with this chain in London. This was no different to our past experiences. The location is central and besides Sydney traffic is easy to get to. The Valet staff looked after the car so well it was one worry less. The staff in the Hotel from the desk people to the cleaners were all so helpful when resonding to our inquiries. All this resulted in a great weekend. Thank You Radisson Blu

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

Hotel is a short walk to Circular Quay and ferries across Sydney harbour and the Opera house.
In the other direction a short walk to the mid- city shopping district.
Valet parking is useful since parking in Sydney is amongst the most expensive in the world.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2013

This is by far the best hotel I have had the pleasure of staying with in Sydney. I have to admit when I purchased this as a ‘secret hotel’ with last minute.com I was disappointed when the email told me I was staying at the Raddison Blu, mainly because we have never heard of it. But I was wrong! It was my husband and I’s first wedding anniversary, and also our ‘babymoon’ as I am 8 months pregnant with our first. There were so many amazing things, but the highlights were:
1. The room with the most amazing comfortable pillows and bed we have ever slept in, the bathroom was spacious and glamorous.. loved the robes and hairdryer too! Got a free room upgrade.
2. The staff, from the personal hand written note from the manager congratulating us on our special occasion, the staff are always smiling and friendly.
3. The day spa services. I received a great pedicure and manicure and they squeezed me in even though I had no booking on a sat afternoon, such lovely beautiful girls work in the spa!
4. The location was so easy to go anywhere. We walked to Darling Harbour and Circular Quay.
5. Breakfast was delicious!
I would defiantly book another getaway with the Raddison.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nady_h
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2013

This is a lovely hotel in a great location minutes from Circular Quay, shopping on Pitt, restaurants on George, etc. Rooms are spacious, clean and nicely appointed; bathrooms are super with good quality amenities you'll actually want to use and free wi-fi. The front desk and concierge teams were fabulous - friendly and very helpful (special thanks to both for patient help after a flight cancellation). We'll definitely stay here when we're back in Sydney & recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

I work in a hotel in Sydney so I know how important the guest experience.
Your hotel is in a stunning building, but it somewhat lacks personality inside. I would have liked to have something similar to the Westin, where you retain the elegance, both inside and out..
It was a comfortable stay though, with the modern amenities and a comfortable bed.. Your staff should be commended as in providing solid service. One of your concierge kindly walked me out of the hotel and we joked about him walking me to work.. A+ for service, just a shame about the interior..

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2013

Second time for this hotel. Good location 10 minute stroll from Sydney Harbour & Circular Quay. On arrival we were offered an upgrade to a "Business Class" room for AU$95. This included full breakfast for 2 and from 6pm to 8pm a canape smorgasbord with complimentary drinks, the barman will even make you a cocktail. All this happens on the10th floor where the Business class rooms and Lounge are located. The lounge is located in the old penthouse, which has been refurbished to create a lovely intimate space improved by the friendly, helpful and efficient staff. Definitely worth the $95.

Room Tip: Outside rooms have more natural light