We arrived during the International Fleet Review to celebrate our kids birthday. We were greeted by the Valet driver who promptly unloaded our bags and delivered them to the concierge.
The hotel was extremely busy considering the event taking place. Our room took an extra 20mins to get ready so we walked around the city and came back in time to pick up our key. The rooms are immaculate condition, love the huge windows, and the little window view to the bathroom, especially with the kids enjoying bath times, can keep an eye and still stay dry from the other side. The robes were huge, nice and warm too!
We also had the buffet breakfast at Bistro Fax, got there in time because when we left there was a queue up. Good variety but I've had better buffet at other hotels. Has a wonderful ambience though - nicely lit and comfy seating.
Just had a few hiccups with our stay.
* The Luna Park package couldn't be redeemed as it was International Fleet week so we paid another $200 at Luna Park (my fault for not checking up the events in the city during the weekend).
* The Movie deal that also came with the package did NOT deliver snacks. Front desk told us to call when we were ready, when I called to ask for our snacks, couldn't understand what the Indian guy was saying and he seemed more frustrated than I did!
* Although the pool is ideal for the kids being 1m deep, due to the massage, spa etc around, kids can't make as much noise which is hard with our terrors.
* There's no ramp at the entrance so the concierges have to help with our strollers up and down the stairs every time we went out.
Great location as it is close to Wynyard and Circular Quay train stations. Also, there's so much to see around the area. Unfortunately, the weekend went fast that we didn't do much city sightseeing.
This is a four star hotel but not ideal for my family, I prefer to stay at the three star hotels where we're not snubbed off and "fun" is acceptable! Staff are great, lovely and friendly though. Except for that annoying Indian guy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney is an intimate, boutique style, five-star hotel housed within a stunning heritage-listed building and located in the heart of Sydney. The hotel features 364 stylish guest rooms, eight meeting rooms including two with natural light, The Fax Bar, a Health Club and complimentary internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Sydney
- Sydney Radisson