“Nice place”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Goulburn, Australia
“Nice place”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Good clean central place, very comfortable, very friendly. Close to rail station, easy to walk to hotel (one small block), from this direction, on foot, you are entering via their back door, all good but don't miss the sign to the reception area. They were very kind and gave us a bottle of wine ( nice one too) as it was a special occasion for us. Would go back! Did not have breakfast or a spa so not able to rate properly. My partner loved the bathroom so much hence he took photos to do same when we do bathroom up soon.

1 Thank Hihavaniceda W
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear A W,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. I'm please to read that you had such a wonderful stay and i'm glad that we could make your special occasion a little more special with a complimentary bottle of wine.

Your husband is right, our bathrooms are very special and unique, excluding our accessible rooms all our rooms at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney feature a bath which is separate to the shower - VERY SPECIAL!

I'm pleased you had a great stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Peter Tudehope

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (497)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed August 2, 2013

This hotel impressed from the moment we arrived. We were greeted in such a polite and welcoming way. Nothing was too hard. The rooms are well appointed. Very comfortable, clean and quiet. Hotel is very central to all of Sydney's attractions including transport. Buffet breakfast was beautiful, be sure to book the night before to receive $10 discount. Could not find fault, most impressed.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank shellbelle_13
Dear shellbelle_13,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. I'm happy to hear that your stay like so many of our guests was excellent and what you come to expect at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next Sydney Staycation.

Kathmandu, Nepal
Reviewed July 31, 2013

Last year I was in Sydney to attend Conference "Role of Social Media in Healthcare" and the event was organized in this Hotel where I stayed for a night. The hospitality, room, foods were excellent. Staffs are also quite friendly and I am always happy to recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Dear Prakash S,

Thank you for choosing our hotel all the way from Nepal.

Although your review has been posted a long time away from your stay I’m pleased to see that you still remember us and look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney for your next Australia stay.

New York City, New York
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

I booked a weekend at the Radisson Blu for a mini luxury "getaway" to Sydney.

I chose it primarily because of the promise of complimentary wifi, which I couldn't find in any other city hotels, and was slightly concerned I might be compromising on other perks because of it.

I shouldn't have worried! The Radisson was absolutely beautiful, in a brilliant location within walking distance of Circular Quay and George St/Pitt St shopping.

My deluxe king room on the 12th floor was tastefully appointed, much more modern looking than the somewhat daggy photos on their website suggest. The bed was super comfortable with luxe linen and even a pillow menu. There was no view but I didn't care.

There was a deep soaking (and very fast filling) bath, fluffy bathrobe and Foxtel - and free wifi! The Internet was fast, reliable, and never dropped out.

Room service full breakfast was delicious and beautifully presented, well worth the price as a treat.

I couldn't have been happier with the Radisson and will absolutely stay there again next time I'm in Sydney. I wish more hotels realised free wifi is a modern reality - the Radisson does it so well.

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank SystemE
Dear SystemE,

Thank you for choosing Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney for your mini luxury “getaway” to Sydney.

The free wi-fi that we offer is very much a “luxury” in Sydney hotels and one that we are pleased to offer complimentary. As we feel a necessary requirement in a CBD hotel.

I’m thrilled to see that you had an amazing stay like all of our guests and I look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney.

Oslo
Reviewed July 28, 2013

This hotel is quite well presented with well trained staff. It's rooms are tastefully decorated and the beds comfortable.

However where it falls down is with the gym/ sports facilities. I have stayed at the Radisson about 4 times and every time I go several items of gym equipment is broken. It's a small garish yellow room with noisy fans and the equipment looks like it's from the 1990s.

None of the aerobic equipment has its own screen and the TVs in the gym very poor quality with poor quality sound.

Nor are there any decent free weights.

Really this is NOT a 5* gym/health centre.

I might also add that last time I was in the changing room there was a parade of business men going through to use the toilets. This is because they were at a seminar in the conference room and there are apparently no other toilets on the entire floor. Again, not acceptable!

This is not a cheap hotel so it really should keep up to 5* standards throughout. I hope they can resolve this issue soon...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear billyg1000,

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. I apologize that our gym and health club was not to the standard you were hoping for. Since your visit we have upgraded this area and also partnered with a local fitness centre where we can offer complimentary passes for those fitness enthusiast who are looking for additional equipment.

Perhaps on your next visit you may be able to take advantage of this service.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for one night to celebrate my husband's 30th birthday and to attend the State of Origin. Upon arrival we were greeted by the concierge who took our bag straight away. Checking in was a wonderful experience, Chantelle was professional and cheerful and made us feel instantly at ease. We were also given a complimentary upgrade to a premium room as well as a bottle of bubbly and chocolate dipped strawberries. I can't praise the team at Radisson enough for the exemplary standard that they have set.
Our room was spacious with a gorgeous deep spa bath and separate shower (loved!). The Juliet balcony was a favourite as we could just capture a glimpse of the iconic Harbour Bridge.
Everything was immaculate and our bed was divine. The building itself is old but has been renovated beautifully and has a lot of charm.
Wayne the Concierge is truly an asset- as we waited for our transport he offered us water and told us a little about the building. He also directed us to the Lower floor where we went and viewed photos of its construction and history. Truly a great experience from start to finish. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone and will definitely back next time we're in Sydney!

1 Thank Sinastar
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Dear Sinastar,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review. I'm happy to hear that you found the service for your husbands stay exemplary.

We pride ourselves on an authentic five-star hotel and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

San Francisco, California
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The hotel is housed in an historic building that has been remodeled to provide comfort with class.
The location is very good--about a 10 minute walk to the piers and the Opera House, and a short walk to shopping and a variety of restaurants. I highly recommend the Business Level. You can have breakfast in the Lounge or in the restaurant with a very accommodating chef who prepares eggs, oatmeal, etc. cooked to order. The pastry chef provides artisan quality breads daily. At night the Lounge had a nice assortment of hot and cold foods with a good variety of drinks.
My room had large windows for natural light and the bathroom had a separate tub and shower. The bed was comfortable and the room was well maintained and serviced.
The entire staff focuses on service, from the doorman who was quick to provide an umbrella when it was raining, to the waiter who remembered how I liked my coffee, to the Business Lounge staff who remembered what I drank at night. The staff were all well-trained, professional, and extremely helpful.
This is truly a 5 star hotel!

Hi Noah77,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive review. We couldn't have said it any better and we gald that we could make your stay memorable and comfortable.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Kind Regards