“Great city location - quiet but central”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
Ranked #11 of 182 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed at the hotel on a Saturday and Sunday night - 2 adults and 1 16 year old in a room configred with two double beds - good sized room, good sized comfortable beds, and quiet location - we were on the 4th floor but had no street or traffic noise. Recently renovated (I think) becuase room and fittings were in excellent condition and very stylish.

Very handy to Pitt Street Mall and to Circular Quay - about 10 minutes walk to Mall and 10 minutes to Circular Quay.

Also very close to great restaurants - Mr Wongs (5 minute walk) and Jamie's Italian (about 100 metres away)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2013

Dear dbtripper,

Thank you for your lovely feedback.

I am so delighted to hear the location and the services we provide had made your stay memorable.

You’re most welcome anytime at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney.

Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney

Write a ReviewReviews (5,000)

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Upon arriving really early in the morning from and internationl flight, the staff was warm and accommodating. They were able to get me into a room in spite of the hour. The location was great as we could walk everywhere. It was also near some of the spots for the Sydney Film Festival which we stumbled upon and were lucky enough to get into. The concierge and door staff were fantastic with suggestions and helpful tips about Sydney. The room was a good size and even had a pillow menu which we took advantage of just because we could. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear RI02886,

Your review is very kind. I’m glad we’ve made your overall experience at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney to be enjoyable and pleasing.

I look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

This hotel is amazing and it is not just the hotel but the wonderful staff. From the moment that we walked into this hotel I felt important . . .it was our anniversary and the staff could not have gone more out of the way to help us. On check in the wonderful staff member behind the counter congratulated us on our special occasion, and then said that she would like to upgrade our room - thank you, the rooms are clean and amazing . . .the bed was one of the best that I have slept on and I am currently trying to convenience my Husband that we get one for home. Oh I should go on the treats did not stop at a room upgrade and the lovely manager set us a wonderful bottle of bubbles that we shared in our bath, yes it was big enough for the both of us. This hotel and its staff is what made our anniversary so memorable and I have already started saving so that we can go back soon :-)

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Birdy2828,

Thank you for the positive feedback.

I’m very glad to hear that the staff were helpful and you enjoyed the stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney to celebrate your anniversary! Good luck with persuading your husband to get the comfortable bed!

I look forward to hosting you on your next stay with all the best we can.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

I'm rating the Radisson Blue 5/5 just for their wonderful door staff, concierge and reception. Smiles all around, even when they had to valet park my tiny car and then squeeze four of us plus shopping and bags back into it the next day. It is REALLY nice to see staff like this - what lovely people - you all made our stay so very special.

Other points include its location - two blocks to the Pitt St Mall for shopping in one direction and two blocks to Circular Quay in the other direction. The health club/gym had quality equipment and was very clean. I didn't use the indoor pool but it sure did look inviting. The beds were comfortable, the room large and the marble bathroom was luxurious.

I would just recommend the hotel give your windows a wash - they were a bit grubby but then again, it had been raining all week in Sydney so this was probably the reason.

I will certainly return to this hotel - those lovely smiling faces at the door made it so very, very pleasant. Thanks guys.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear Kathy W,

Thank you for the review.

It’s great to know that the staff have been accommodating and you find the hotel convenient as it’s centrally located to the malls and the sceneries of Sydney.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

Just had the pleasure of staying at this great hotel while attending the food and wine show at Darling Harbour.The concierge and door staff are the best,friendly ,helpfull,informative(thanks for the umbrella)The rooms are excellent .We took advantage of the spa ,so good after a day at the show.The lounge area is so relaxing and the make the best hot chocolates in town.This hotel has to be in the most convenient location in town ,step out the door and you can be at any atraction with in 10 minutes walking.Thanks to all the staff that made our stay such a pleasure ,we will be back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Dear HoboSydney,

Thank you for taking the time to write the review.

It’s wonderful to hear that our Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney employee’s were helpful and the services provided here had made your stay fantastic. We are centrally located and I’m glad that you had the comfort to explore around the insights of Sydney.

Looking forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

I don't know why so many people gave such extremely good feed back. Since I choose the hotel because of these feedbacks I would like to add my comment to the list. Very small hall. Wifi works only at higher floors, business centre most of the time out of order without internet, breakfast less than standard, restaurant with an exausting slow service ( I ate three night in a week), room standard with awfully dirty windows. The position is good but other hotels in the area looks better than this. In some hotels after a week you feel at home, not for me in this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank alebarr

Dear alebarr,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a feedback.

I’m sorry to find out that you find the services we provided were below your satisfaction. Here at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney we try to anticipate guests needs and offering free Wi-Fi is something we are very proud of here. I can ensure you we have taken steps to implement a new Internet system to provide a faster connection and accessibility to all our guests.

I assure you that your next stay would not be of a disappointment. I’m sorry to learn that you found our breakfast not to be of the standard you were looking for, I can ensure you that we pride ourselves on our food and beverage offering and making improvements every day.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a true 5 star experience. Hotel is in a old historic building which is a beautiful building and inside is luxury and clean. I got a really cheap deal on a mystery deal via Groupon and for the price I paid, it was a wonderful stay.

It was my first time stay any Radisson hotels and it really did made me impressed.

The moment I arrived at the hotel, the porter tool out bags at the entrance and said that he will deliver them and valet parked out car (with extra charge of $40/ night). Then we proceeded to the reception and staff were very friendly and welcoming. We had Chantelle at the front desk who looked after us during our check in and she was very professional and friendly. We were given a complimentary upgrade to a premier room and was placed on 9th floor which I think was not too bad considering I booked through Groupon and paid for Atrium room.

Room was very spacious and clean. King bed was comfortable. Furniture in the room matched with the whole hotel being in a historic building. Bathroom was spacious too with a spectate shower and bath and it is marble throughout the bathroom. We also received complimentary Internet which is included with the room.

We had few drinks at the Lobby bar and the drinks were nice and great atmosphere and lounges to sit and relax while sipping on cocktails.

Hotel is in the business district but in a good location within walking distances to great places like the Rocks, circular quay etc.

Overall great experience and luxury stay and would definitely come back here and would also highly recommend this hotel to anyone. It is that good that it is rated number 6 hotel in Sydney as per the Tripadvisor.

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Luxurious88,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a positive feedback.

Our building is a heritage site and we are trying to preserve its classic in the uprising modern era. It’s ravishing to hear the location and the services delivered were at your desired level. It’s a pleasure for us to accommodate you with all the best we can.

I look forward to seeing you again on your next stay.