“Excellent service and central location” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
Ranked #10 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent service and central location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

2 thumbs up!

Service:
Excellent service provided by the concierge! The gentlemen at the concierge are walking google maps / wiki! I don't have to plan where to eat or how to get to my destination because they will provide the best advices when you approach them! I really love that personal touch and warm 'good morning's and 'welcome back's!

Location :
It's so centrally located that you can't ask for a better location.
It's a <10mins walk to circular quay (where u'll have to take another 5mins walk to The Rock or another 10mins to Sydney Opera House).
It's 5mins walk to main shopping area on Pitt street.
It's abt 15mins walk to Darling Harbour.
It's about 20mins to China Town & 25mins walk to Paddy's market. (it's all straight road down / via Pitt Street).
Too early to go back to hotel? Head down across the hotel to Ryan's bar George St for a drink or 2 with the after office crowd.
There's a Jamie Oliver Italian just in front of the hotel as well! But u prob need to queue for an hr or so.

Room:
Big, clean, spacious, high ceiling, free wifi, comfy bed (a tad too soft though) and all kinds of pillows ranging from feather to microfiber for u to choose. What more can I ask? Oh! Just 1 small note, there's no bed room slippers.. But I'm sure if u ask the friendly staff, they should be able to do somethg. :)

Radisson Blu Plaza has just made my stay in Sydney even better! Thanks guys!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Jia17,
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a generous feedback.

I am so happy that you find your Sydney trip enticing. You certainly made your way around Sydney during your stay, I hope that it met all your expectations.

I’m glad to have provided you with a service at your expected level and have obtained satisfaction throughout your stay.

I look forward to having you again at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney.

Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (484)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Melbourne
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed here for two nights for special occasion and eventhough we booked through external website, they upgraded us to a bigger room with room spa and complimentary wine. Every staff were very friendly and curteous, from the time we arrived until we checked out. The room was very spacious, bright and immaculately clean. They were also very accommodating us as parents with a baby, providing complimentary cot with toiletries. The location is perfect with Circular Quay and Westfield just minutes away walking. We will definitely stay here again when we visit Sydney next time.

Dear girlani,

Your review is very thoughtful. I’m very delighted that you find our services exquisite and we were able to attain your satisfaction throughout your whole stay.

I look forward to hosting you again on your next stay at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney.

Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013

Great great location, great staff - highly recommend. Quick walk to the Rocks or the Opera house.

I have stayed twice now and been very pleased both times. The only item that is not fantatsic is the cost of breakfast but it's an easy walk to a few cafe's.

Room Tip: Try to get a rate with breakfast included
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear WDWCanada,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a feedback.

Welcome back again! It’s great to hear that you found the overall stay wonderful.

I’m sorry to learn that you found our breakfast not to be of the standard you were looking for, I can ensure you that we pride ourselves on our food and beverage offering and making improvements every day.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

The Radisson Blu is a well-run hotel with slick service. The team at the entrance is fast, smooth and welcoming, and the check-in staff equally efficient. Everyone seems to do what they do very well! Housed in a historic building in the CBD, Radisson Blu is in an excellent location for getting to the Rocks, Circular Quay and Opera House in just minutes as well as a few major shopping centres.

Room Tip: My room was nice with a big bathroom but the window looks out at another building. I don't know...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank moilee
Dear moilee,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a positive feedback.
It’s our pleasure to be able to accommodate your stay to the very best.

I look forward to seeing you again at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney on your next stay.

Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

A nice place all in all, comfortable, clean and close by to circular quay and the rocks. Make sure you have a drink or two at the Bistro bar as it's great service and warm decor is a must visit. The pool is only a lap pool so it can get over crowded quickly so get there early before the rush.

2 Thank borg69
Adelaide
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Perfect in every way. You do not need to think twice about booking this hotel. I have stayed here many times and the service and standards only ever get better. When you think 5 star hotel, the Radisson Blu Plaza definitely will not let you down.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AmeliaC117
Dear AmeliaC117,

Your review is very generous. I personally welcome you back again. It’s so pleasing to hear that our services do not let you down and you found the stay enjoyable repeatedly.

I look forward to hosting you again on your next stay.

Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have stayed in the Radisson Blu in Copenhagen -which was an interesting experience -but had never stayed at the one closer to home in Sydney so, when I booked this through a Wotif secret stay deal, I was very curious what to expect

The hotel is situated in Sydney's CBD with a variety of shops, restaurants and take-out facilities situated nearby and Wynyard Station is quite close as well. Although it doesn't seem to have the type of undercover drop-off entrance area that most hotels do, this was not a problem for me as it was relatively easy to find a place to unload baggage from the car and the front door staff and porters were some of the most efficient and attentive that I have encountered

The hotel lobby's interior is absolutely beautiful and gives out a very modern and upmarket vibe. The check-in was exceptional -the lady at the front desk was amazing and it was one of the friendliest and most warm and welcoming check-ins that I can remember. It helped set the tone for my stay here and was a pleasant introduction to my holiday

I was given the opportunity for a relatively cheap price to upgrade to the business floor and I chose to take advantage of that offer. My room on the business level was everything you would expect of a room on that level and quite possibly much more. Modern, elegant, comfortable, relaxing, luxurious, beautifully decorated and with all the luxuries and amenities you could possibly want or need. The bed was very comfortable, as were the desk chair and table and the television was situated alongside the desk so you could watch it quite easily as you worked at your desk. The room temperature was easy to adjust and all in all it was just a wonderful room to have been given, a room where you could spend hours on end quite comfortably and a room of which I have fond memories of. The bathroom was also wonderful -decorated with marble with both a shower and a spacious bath which was perfect for having a warm, relaxing soak in. And when I came in to my room for the first time, there was a lovely scent coming from my bathroom which made it smell really fresh and clean and lovely. Just a great experience.

The complimentary fruit and water I got on arrival were much appreciated and the turndown service was also great and an added treat.

The staff at this hotel were really exceptional -among the best customer service I have ever encountered in all my travels. From the front door staff to the front desk staff to the porters to the concierge to the cleaning staff to the lady who came every morning to replenish my mini-bar fridge, I cannot emphasize how great they were. Genuinely warm, welcoming, kind, professional, courteous and helpful to a fault, they took a sincere interest in your well-being and in enhancing your experience at the hotel. They were full of helpful suggestions and they went well and above what was either expected or required of them. I must single out the cleaning staff, who were particularly helpful and friendly and who went to exceptional lengths to make sure that they worked around your preferred time and schedule for when you wanted them to come and clean your room -they were some of the nicest, warmest and friendliest hotel staff I have ever encountered. Really, I think the quality of service here would probably rank as being once-in-a lifetime

The business class lounge was wonderful -with the high standards of excellence and comfort that you'd expect from such a venue. Very beautifully and elegantly decorated and comfortable with lovely chairs, tables and an interior. The staff were friendly, courteous and attentive and the breakfasts were sumptious while the evening canapes were mouth-watering and with a great variety (and the sandwiches and drinks provided in between were also great). I enjoyed the time I spent there and it was a pleasure to be able to use it

My only slight complaint was that it was slightly tedious to connect up to the Internet on my first night there and the ethernet connection didn't seem to work when I plugged it in to my computer. However, I recognize that some of the fault for this lay in problems with my own computer and, after a short delay, the problem was easily fixed by the Internet company that this hotel is connected to, where the lady on the other line skillfully guided me through the procedures necessary to solve the problem. After that, there was no real problem and it didn't detract from the lovely time here

The hotel offers high tea, which I sampled on the Friday afternoon before I went home and found of a very good quality

All in all, a wonderful stay, a great experience, magnificent world-class customer service and I greatly hope to return in the future. Very highly recommended

Room Tip: I found the business level floor to be of great quality in terms of rooms, service and amenities.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Dear OL1981,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with such a positive and thoughtful feedback.
Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney prides itself on the five-star service and Business Class which from reading your review you received. I’ve forwarded on your comments to all employee’s and commended them on providing you on such a wonderful stay. You have picked the right choice of package as Business Package, which includes a wide range of amenities, is one of the most popular ones offered by the hotel. It is fantastic to find out that your stay here was superb and we have provided you with a service that we have always standby with a promise. Your appreciation is highly valued at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney.

I send my apologies for the problems you encountered to connect to the Internet. We have just about finalized our upgrade to ensure guests won’t experience this in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you again at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney.