WINNER WONDERLAND

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
Ranked #9 of 179 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Adelaide, South Australia
“Very nice hotel in great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

My sister and I were in town for one night to attend a concert at the Opera House. We picked this hotel purely for the price, and we were not disappointed. The check in staff were very helpful, and although our room wasn't ready they were happy to hold our luggage and provide directions. We checked back in a short time later and our bags were delivered to our room within minutes. The beds were extremely comfy and water pressure was awesome! The business centre was great for printing boarding passes. Great hotel and we will be back she. Next in Sydney.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Dear Emma1975,

Thank you for your wonderful feedback. I’m very glad that you found the stay memorable in Sydney.

I look forward to hosting you again at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney.

Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

To explore this great city you can not pick a better location close to the harbour as well as the best shopping. Staff is very friendly and accommodating, the business lounge offers a great break before dinner.

Room Tip: Spoil yourself and pick the business floor
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear wolfgang n,

Your feedback is very kind. I am very pleased that our hotel location has made your stay convenient.

Your experience with the business package is one of the most popular ones around here and above all, we are very delighted that you enjoyed the service and treat yourself with all the wonders provided.

I’m looking forward to having you here again.

Western Australia, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

My wife & I have stayed at the Radison Blu twice now and have been totally impressed with all aspects. great staff, great rooms, great tucker & the location is perfect. An easy short stroll to all of Sydney's central attractions. Heaps of pubs, night clubs and restaurants close by. Circular Quay, the Rocks & the 'Bridge' just down the track with Darling Harbour within easy walking distance. My report would be incomplete if I didn't mention the barman, Albert. This blokes a little jem, the perfect host for a few nightcaps at the well appointed bar after a big day out in Sydney. The only negative is all this good stuff comes at a price. We were lucky enough to get 'special' deals but rack rate is up there & so are the drink prices but for a special indulge, we happily recommend this fine establishment.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear GaryF,

Thank you for your kind review. We’re delighted to know that Albert provided you with excellent service, his definitely an asset to our hotel. I’m glad to hear on your second visit we still impress you and I know will continue to do so in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Radisson Blu Hotel on your next visit.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Loved our room - big enough for 3 and comfortable roll-away bed installed. Staff very helpful, friendly, courteous and professional. Pointed out the great coffee/breakfast place across the road - much more reasonable for brekky. Also fantastic sushi place just across the road too. Location was absolutely perfect for us - we wanted to be able to walk to everything important - Opera House, Harbour Bridge, The Rocks, Circular Quay for ferries to the zoo and Manly.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Squeebie22,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with a positive feedback.

I will send your appreciation to the staffs on their friendliness and courteousness. At Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney we pride ourselves on making the right recommendations for places to eat even when it’s not inside our hotel. I’m very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your walks, trips with the ferries and had a great relaxation!

We look forward to hosting you again.

General manager
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Having just celebrated my birthday here (as a surprise to me)- I could not fault it. The staff are what made our staff enjoyable. The minute we pulled up, The Valet was at our service. As the staff could see I was overwhelmed with my surprise we got a complimentary upgrade and champagne brought up to our room.
The room was spacious and clean, could not fault it..and great water pressure in the shower which is always a bonus.
The barman was attentive and also arranged a complimentary cocktail for my birthday and strawberry's later that night..our whole stay was really awesome.
I would recommend this hotel in a heart beat. It is central to all the hotspots of Sydney.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SydneySunGirl,

I’m glad to hear that you got to celebrate your Birthday with us - Happy Belated Birthday! It is wonderful to hear that the efforts of the staff had made your birthday special.

I’m looking forward to your next stay!

New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2013

Upon arriving for our five night stay we were given possibly the worst room in the hotel. It was extremely small - overlooking the back courtyard and air conditioning units - not acceptable. We were moved to a room directly opposite the elevators. Sound-proofing in this hotel is a problem - heard the plumbing from other rooms - not to mention the elevator alarm - which went off frequently. Giving credit - the doorman was the hardest working employee in the hotel - he seemed to offer a helping hand at every turn - while others stood and observed. We were impressed by his professionalism. The bar and restaurant was good - but on all counts this hotel is overpriced for what it is - stay in a true 5 star property for this money.

Room Tip: Don't know if good rooms exist!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Liz130,

Thank you for taking the time to provide valuable feedback regarding your recent stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney. It is through such feedback that we can isolate issues and areas in need of attention and help us achieve our goal of 100% guest satisfaction.

Upon reading your feedback I was pleased with the comments you have shared in regards to our wonderful doorman. He is always there to assist every guest and is definitely an asset to the hotel. Be assured I have spoken to the Chief Concierge to ensure our standard of service and professionalism are consistent with every staff member at the concierge desk.

I was however disappointed to learn of your dissatisfaction with your room allocation. Although I understand you were offered a new room, I was further disappointed to learn of the noise issues you endured. I have asked the Chief Engineer to investigate the plumbing and elevator alarm noises that you experienced, as it is unacceptable that you were inconvenienced as such and does not reflect our usual five star standards.

I have also asked him to verify the level of sound proofing between the rooms, and that he look into any additional solutions about how we can reduce noise disruptions caused to our guests. On a future visit please contact the Guest Relations Manager, Jeniffer Cardoso on jcardoso@radisson.com and she will be happy to look after any special requirements to ensure your stay is a pleasant and comfortable one. I sincerely apologise for any inconvenience these matters may caused you during your stay and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel when you next travel to Sydney.

Warm Regards,
ptudehope@radisson.com
france

Stayed here 2,3,4th if Jan 13
Superb hotel, superb staff, and faultless food. One of thee best Radissons in the world :)
Location in the C. B. D. of Sydney is good. 10 min stroll to the harbour front, restaurant, bars & cafe's. Not forgetting the bridge & opera house.
So glad we choose this hotel to stay in, just near enough, and far enough from all local attractions. Highly Recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
Dear kphanapsh,

Thank you for taking the time to providing us with a positive review.

I’m happy to hear that the location of the hotel had provided you with the ease to explore Sydney, the cafes, bars and restaurants nearby and the shopping experience. I recommend that on your next visit you should go surfing in Manly which is only a few minutes ride of ferry from Circular Quay. It’s a beautiful beach, perfect for relaxation!