“Fantastic overnight stay!”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
Ranked #10 of 181 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 6, 2013

My partner and I stayed here two weeks ago and we loved it! I bought a deal through Groupon (mystery hotel) and it was the best deal I had bought so far! We were welcomed with the awesome surprise of being bumped up to the business level which included the free brekky buffet! The staff were very friendly and readily available. Great location - Circular Quay during the night and Pitt St Mall during the day, what a fantastic weekend in the city! The hotel offers valet parking at $40 per night - there are other parking spots around the hotel that are cheaper but we decided it would be easier to just use the valet and we were able to leave the car there even after we checked out (11am) to do some shopping at Pitt St. The rooms were great & and the bathroom - full of Peter Morrissey products. Oh and free Wi-Fi. Should def check out this hotel - if you're willing to spend a bit (unless you're lucky to find a deal of course :P)

Room Tip: If you want to get the best experience, pay that little more for business
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Donna,

The Business package is one of our most popular packages offered at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney, provides you with those little extra amenities like Peter Morrissey products but also access to our Lounge where the hotel provides drinks and canapés between 5pm to 7pm which I hope you got to enjoy. On your next stay try macaroons from Baroque at the Rocks while you’re strolling around Circular Quay. They are famous in Sydney.

I’m pleased to hear that you found the valet parking to be convenient and cost effective.
We hope to have the opportunity to hosting you again soon.

Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney

Write a ReviewReviews (4,938)

Reviewed May 4, 2013

What a beautiful building in a most convenient location just a few minutes from the Circular Quay, and I was upgraded to a very nice business room.

I can't say enough about the great room I got, the convenient location and the rest of the hotel.

Easy to get to from the airport by train and easy to walk anywhere else in the CBD. And prices weren't bad either.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Dear GH_RTW,

Thank you for providing us with a positive comment.

The hotel building runs back to the classic. There are some conference rooms that are archaic and vintage. Being located centrally gives our guests a close walking distance to the train station, to explore the famous sites of Sydney, to dine and wine at restaurants and bars nearby, and just 10 minutes walk to shopping malls.

It’s great to know that we delivered the service you come to expect at Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney.

We are keen to have you stay again.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for a night before a cruise we were leaving on the next day and this was our 3rd time at the Radisson Sydney.
Check in was very smooth and professional and our room was a lovely large corner room. We had mentioned it was our 15th wedding anniversary and we were welcomed with champagne and chocolates, which was a very nice touch.
Bed was very comfy and the bathroom was also large and well appointed.
The location is excellent.

Dear Ruinedout,

Thank you for taking the time for your feedback.

I’m glad you chose Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney for your anniversary any milestone we are happy to celebrate with you, Congratulations. Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney endeavors’ to make every stay memorable and I’m pleased our services matched your expectation level.

Hope you enjoyed the chocolates and the bottle of champagne.

Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

This was my first time in Sydney and the hotel was memorable. From an excellent meal with knowledgable sommelier to nibbles in the lounge, I would highly recommend this hotel! Will be staying here again!

• Stayed: May 2013

Dear SydneyMum3,

Thank you for taking the time and posting such a positive review. I’m glad you found Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney an oasis from the intense heat of Sydney to cool yourself down.
It’s true that we are located in the middle of the Central Business District. It sounds like you enjoyed the restaurants nearby.
I’m delighted to hear you enjoyed our breakfast. There will be new items added to our breakfast menu so stay tuned!
We look forward to seeing you again soon, maybe next time when the weather is more bearable.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

From the moment we entered to the time we left, every detail was handled efficiently and promptly. Dark rooms to enjoy a sleepin,after choosing the perfect pillows from the pillow menu.Friendly staff at every point of contact.Checking in and out was the quickest we have ever encountered.Congratulations to all at the Radisson Blu, the best hotel we have stayed in,in Australia for a very long time! Keep up the great work,and thankyou for a delightful stay.

Dear Jan T,

Your review is very generous. We’re very happy to be able to accommodate your stay to the very best.

Come visit Sydney again. We look forward to having you.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

When the temperature in Sydney soars past 40 degrees Celsius, I cool myself by checking into a nice local hotel. This summer, I chose to stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel. It's a great location for people who want to be in smack bang Sydney's Central Business District and is a short 3 minute walk to Wynyard Train Station and Circular Quay. Within 10 minutes, you'll be able to saunter to into the magnificent Sydney Opera House and the Museum of Contemporary Art. It's also just a short walk from the shops at Pitt Street Mall and those hip Merivale Restaurants on George Street and Ash Street. If you want food that's quick and good value for money, just cross Pitt Street immediately opposite the hotel to the food court at Australia Square where local workers dine on weekdays. Also at Australia Square (on Level 47) is O Bar and Dining, a revolving restaurant, where we enjoyed a fine dinner with views over Sydney in twinkling lights.

I stayed in an Atrium room which I found to be spacious, clean and comfortable (and surprisingly quiet, given it was only one floor above ground level). The swimming pool with glass ceiling provided welcome relief from the heat outside. Check-in and check-out went smoothly and breakfast featured a wide array of hot and cold foods. My dish of eggs benedict was cooked to perfection.

Yes, I'm tempted to return even if the temperature does not reach 40 degrees C and even though I'm a Sydneysider who lives nearby.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 30, 2013

Recently My wife and I and my 4 year old daughter stayed at the Radisson Blu hotel in Sydney, We stayed 2 nights. From the moment we were greeted by the staff at the front door the customer service level was outstanding, The room was spacious and very well appointed. Being in such an ideal location made the day trips easy. Breakfast both mornings at the Bistro Fax left me wishing I could eat more I left very full and very satisfied. We made use of the pool, spa and steam rooms which were all very clean. Room service was outstanding and very efficient in delivering to the room. Should you wish to stay in one night as we did, the movie list is endless with all the popular titles for everyone in the family. By the end of the two nights we didn't wan to leave to go home and will defiantly be back.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family