“An exceptional stay”

Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney
Ranked #11 of 186 Hotels in Sydney
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed March 21, 2013

We had a lovely stay at the Raddison in Sydney. We drove to Sydney by car from Canberra and this hotel is very accessible fromt the M5 - easy to get to - the valet service was fabulous - and when we needed the car we just let them know 20 mins in advance and it was there waiting for us - also a very easy exit from the City as well - which is a big plus for people from out of town.
The room, beds and pillows (loved the pillow menu) were exceptionally comfortable and spotless as were the facilities in the bathroom. But i think the biggest plus for me was the wonderful friendly staff - they really seemed liked they loved working there and nothing was too much trouble - this hotel is also in a great location - close to many amenities - it is my hotel of choice when staying in Sydney from now on - thanks for a great weekend.

Room Tip: the premier rooms are on the outside perimeter of the building so better views - but still quiet - t...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (5,041)

Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel is close to where I work, and I've been in there several times, but never to stay. I found it delightful, our room was fine, and we love the building. We had a late supper in one of the restaurants the night before, and the food and service were spot on! But the highlight for me was my swim in the lap pool the following morning, all by myself. It really sety my day up as nothing else. The location, in the northern CBD, is sensational. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed here in November 2012 with my small child. We booked a room with 2 double beds - were late to check in. Reception told us sorry - only single bed rooms left, you need to pay for a children's cot. I told him I would not - at which point he looked quite shocked and started arguing. I cancelled the rest of our booking, but we had to stay that night as it was late. They put us in a room next to some partyers who banged on our door then the walls at random points in the night. They tried to get into our room with their own keycard around 3am. I've stayed here a few times for business over the past year and every visit the standards have gone down. Will avoid staying here again and have told same to work colleagues. Can get same price at just about any hotel in Sydney and those somehow manage to 'manage' their diverse guests and train their staff re: what is worth an argument with a customer - Sydney Radisson does not.

Room Tip: Don't let the night manager choose your room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank ilims
RadissonBluSydney, General Manager at Radisson Blu Plaza Hotel Sydney, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear ilims,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your experience at the Radisson Blu Hotel Sydney.

Upon reading your comments I was concerned to learn we were unable to provide you a room with 2 double beds. This is definitely unacceptable and does not reflect our usual five star service we strive to achieve. Please be assured that I will follow up on this matter and ensure the Front Office Manager reiterates with his staff our “Yes I can” Attitude and friendly service we pride ourselves.

Further to this I note your comments regarding the noisy neighbors during the night. I am sorry you had to endure such disturbance. I have spoken to the Chief Engineer about the level of sound proofing between the rooms, and that he look into any additional solutions about how we can reduce noise disruptions caused to our guests. I sincerely apologise for any dissapointment these matters may caused you during your stay and thank you for bringing it to our attention.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you back to the Radisson Blu Hotel when you next travel to Sydney to show you that we can make it right.

With kind regards,
Peter Tudehope
ptudehope@radisson.com

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a lovely weekend stay at the Radisson Blu - we were very surprised about this gem in the heart of sydney. The hotel is well place for walking to Circular Quay and the high street shops. We saw a great live show at the Theatre Royal which was a 5min walk away and had room service on our return to the hotel. The food was delivered quickly, hot and very tasty - there was a good selection on the menu to choose from. We stayed in the Spa Suite and the room was HUGE! the bathroom was well suited for the room but the bath took FOREVER to fill up. Breaskfast was great with eggs, pancakes, etc cooked to order. The staff was very attentive and looked after us really well. We had a cocktail in the bar / sitting area and they were happy to make a cocktail that wasn't in their menu. If I was staying in Sydney again for time away from the kids I would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are travelling with children and can afford the spa suite - it is very spacious and away from...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melissa P
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I spent four nights with my family here. As far as my view point is concerned, it was an awesome hotel with all facilities a customer wants to be facilitated with. No doubt it is a high quality hotel with extra ordinary fabulous staff, excellent service and comfortable rooms. The hotel is located at very impressive location. There is an easy way to Circular Quay and Rocks and yes if you want an awesome shopping experience while staying at the hotel then Pitt St Mall is not far away from your stay. On our checking in, the warmly greetings of the front desk staff and the efficiency of the room service staff inspired us greatly. I really enjoyed my stay with my family here. We were having a very nice start of everyday while our 3 days stay at the hotel. The rooms were nicely decorated, very much spacious with big beds and couches. The bathroom was also spacious. The room service menu was consisted of a variety of food items and it was good. The wifi facility is also available but in business class rooms. We are thinking that on our next visit if we would stay in this hotel then would probably select the business class room. Anyhow, our stay there was awesome and i think some improvements must be there in room service dining facility; otherwise the hotel is as far as my opinion is concerned is up to the mark. Would like to rate it 8 out of 10.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Zarmeen S
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I stayed here over the weekend as a special birthday getaway and was not disappointed. The rooms are spacious, the bathrooms are great and even had a great bath tub to soak in. Even though it is in the city, it was quiet and you could not even here any noise from the city streets. The hotel is in a great location, where you can walk everywhere. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anna Maria A
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I spent 5 days in this hotel on a business trip.
It was quiet and comfortable, the bathroom had a great deep marble tub, . the room was sunny and the bed and bedding were top notch. The room was spcious, desk good for writing. The concierge helped get me to the right places.--
I'd stay again if I have the pleasure of visiting down under again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business